The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

London attack at Parsons Green station eyed as 'terrorist incident,' police say

Ryan Strome

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Where the hell have you been? 2 incidences really hip?

You post one subway issue 1 hammer attack.  You say "europe is a disaster"

I let in that 2 days ago the US had numerous mass shootings with almost 20 dead at almost half the population in 1 single country...and you refuse to understand the point I am making.

If Europe in your eyes is a disaster...wtf is America?

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You post one subway issue 1 hammer attack.  You say "europe is a disaster"

I let in that 2 days ago the US had numerous mass shootings with almost 20 dead at almost half the population in 1 single country...and you refuse to understand the point I am making.

If Europe in your eyes is a disaster...wtf is America?

A disaster. Why do you always bring up the U.S btw? Are you considering moving back?

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Sadly, people will argue this and look up Miriams or websters to show somehow someway that this is not the case

See see, look at the definition jeez.  Just because he gunned down 17 toddlers in a pre school doesn't make this a terrorist act...

The act itself does not make a mass murder/shooting a terrorist act. You also need to have political intentions. If someone is insane and incapable of understanding what they are doing that's not terrorism. If someone is killing for personal reasons, that's usually not terrorism either until they ally themselves with a political movement and seek to gain political goals. 

I'm assuming you're statement about toddlers is in reference to the Sandy Hook shooting? The shooter was Adam Lanza who had a long history of autism and mental health issues. He was also diagnosed with Aspergers, OCD, anorexia, and potentially schizophrenia. He had sensory issues that made exposure to every noises and lights torture. It was a tragedy that someone with all of those issues was allowed access to weapons. However, as Lanza had no political motive, it was not terrorism.

Refusing to describe Lanza as a terrorist has nothing to do with racism. I don't know why you can't seem to grasp this concept. It's been explained to you several times. The issues surrounding Sandy Hook have to do with mental health and gun control. Whereas terrorism is a political force that has to be dealt with differently. Dealing with terrorism involves disrupting networks that provide support and funds. Hence, the separate legal designation. 

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

lol Strome really?

2 incidents and "it's a disaster"

2 days ago there was 8 mass shootings in the USA totaling 17 dead and 11 wounded one of them inside a school.  The US has a population approaching 400 million for 1 single country.

The European union or continent of europe has a population approaching 750 million....you know.  Context and all when tossing out big words

IMG_4822.JPG  Totally not a disaster.

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually sabre posted a thread before I did. Any comment on the event that took place? 

Not many really other than this..

Since Sept 1st 2001 there have been roughly 14,000 people killed around the world in terrorist attacks. That's just a bit more than the yearly homicide rate by guns in the US.

Not trying to turn this into a gun debate but if you want to look at what a disaster is........

14 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Since Sept 1st 2001 there have been roughly 14,000 people killed around the world in terrorist attacks. That's just a bit more than the yearly homicide rate by guns in the US.

Not trying to turn this into a gun debate but if you want to look at what a disaster is........

So you have no comment on what happened today. 

20 minutes ago, Stelar said:

When will the world outlaw hearts? They kill more people than both of those combined. That's a bigger disaster, if that is the point in your post. 

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

When will the world outlaw hearts? They kill more people than both of those combined. That's a bigger disaster, if that is the point in your post. 

Again, I wasn't trying to turn it in to a gun debate....

Approx 40-50 million die worldwide every year. Terrorism is bad but I am personally not going to spend a bunch of time worrying about something that kills as many people a year as chlamydia does.

Or should I say, those god damn muslims..... better?

3 minutes ago, Stelar said:

Approx 40-50 million die worldwide every year. Terrorism is bad but I am personally not going to spend a bunch of time worrying about something that kills as many people a year as chlamydia does.

I know what you were doing there and I trumped it because it was worth doing. Even you can admit that, I hope. 

The scariest thing to me are the ostrich people, safely in BC or somewhere, commenting on issues they can't possibly have fully experienced themselves, but are experts on because of their fake news LW media agenda's puppeteering/social engineering. Europe is a disaster and its heading this way. To denounce the demographic that is inherently responsible for the growing EU HR atrocities is as evil as it is pretentiously SJW. 

Muslims, you say? Let me return the favour and ask you if there is a culture clash happening in Europe that corresponds unilaterally with the concept of, Terrorism? 

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I know what you were doing there and I trumped it because it was worth doing. Even you can admit that, I hope. 

The scariest thing to me are the ostrich people, safely in BC or somewhere, commenting on issues they can't possibly have fully experienced themselves, but are experts on because of their fake news LW media agenda's puppeteering/social engineering. Europe is a disaster and its heading this way. To denounce the demographic that is inherently responsible for the growing EU HR atrocities is as evil as it is pretentiously SJW. 

Muslims, you say? Let me return the favour and ask you if there is a culture clash happening in Europe that corresponds unilaterally with the concept of, Terrorism? 

Too heavy for being at work. Maybe later...

3 minutes ago, Stelar said:

It all depends on what you are dealing with, and what choices you make.  Don't want to be shot in the US, then stay out of certain parts of certain cities, don't get involved in drug/gang activity, don't pull a gun on a cop, and don't cheat on your gun-toting spouse.  Presto, your odds of being shot just dropped significantly.

We can all make healthy decisions to avoid being shot or catching an STD or some other illness.  We can take steps to improve driver and workplace safety.  But the nature of terrorism makes doing something as effective nearly impossible.  It is not reasonable or healthy to expect people to stop normal activities.  Terrorism happens in mass transit sites, concert halls, nightclubs, sporting events, airplanes/airports, or even schools and churches, as some of Hippy's complaints here are valid.  And while terrorist attacks are less common, the numbers are rising and the world is not becoming less polarized.  Terrorism is no longer primarily a Middle-East problem.

I don't let it keep me up at night either, but it's not something to dismiss out of hand, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Kragar said:

It all depends on what you are dealing with, and what choices you make.  Don't want to be shot in the US, then stay out of certain parts of certain cities, don't get involved in drug/gang activity, don't pull a gun on a cop, and don't cheat on your gun-toting spouse.  Presto, your odds of being shot just dropped significantly.

We can all make healthy decisions to avoid being shot or catching an STD or some other illness.  We can take steps to improve driver and workplace safety.  But the nature of terrorism makes doing something as effective nearly impossible.  It is not reasonable or healthy to expect people to stop normal activities.  Terrorism happens in mass transit sites, concert halls, nightclubs, sporting events, airplanes/airports, or even schools and churches, as some of Hippy's complaints here are valid.  And while terrorist attacks are less common, the numbers are rising and the world is not becoming less polarized.  Terrorism is no longer primarily a Middle-East problem.

I don't let it keep me up at night either, but it's not something to dismiss out of hand, IMO.

"Some" that's being generous. 

Can anyone imagine a no-go zone in their town or city?

Crowds of men jeering and groping your women?

I sense some users in this forum will play the ostrich in those instances as well. Europe has lessons for NA, but so many are busy playing the "he will not divide us" zombie roll play, to notice. A few good men - can handle the truth. 

Archived