The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

London attack at Parsons Green station eyed as 'terrorist incident,' police say

Ryan Strome

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

No really. He is aware and cognisant of the risks of violence in US cities.

European cities in comparison are relatively safe. 

No one said certain American cities were safe. As for Europe, particularly France and Britain there is the constant fear of a lunatic cowardly blowing himself up killing many people. France, Sweden and Germany all have no go zones for citizens of each country.

Btw I guess your trip to France was safe considering France has been under martial law for over a year now.

10 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Were muslims even mentioned in this thread before your post?

When you're the ind of guy who says things like

"I don't like them"

"They are the problem"

"They're the problem"

"A certain group"

but never actually having the parts to use the word you want.  It's telling ;)

I still like ya though

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No one said certain American cities were safe. As for Europe, particularly France and Britain there is the constant fear of a lunatic cowardly blowing himself up killing many people. France, Sweden and Germany all have no go zones for citizens of each country.

Btw I guess your trip to France was safe considering France has been under martial law for over a year now.

Citizens can not let terror win by worrying about the odds of an isolated attack.  

Just keep living our lives is our best response.

Better chance of being a victim of violence in any American  / Canadian major city in comparison to any European city.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

By the numbers the US is almost 14 times more dangerous for a violent attack than the entire european continent.  These are numbers that do not lie.

Yet here you are...ignoring facts.  Claiming it's europe that is a problem and in danger, not using that specific word to describe which group you're talking about.

If I had to trust myself in either area of the world I can safely say by the numbers alone the US is a damned site more scary

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Citizens can not let terror win by worrying about the odds of an isolated attack.  

Just keep living our lives is our best response.

Better chance of being a victim of violence in any American  / Canadian major city in comparison to any European city.

But this isn't the discussion. Also how in the hell can you American/Canadian city? The crime rate between Canada and the U.S isn't even comparable.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

But this isn't the discussion. Also how in the hell can you American/Canadian city? The crime rate between Canada and the U.S isn't even comparable.

I felt more safe in Paris  / Nice  France than i do in  pretty much any North American City. 

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

By the numbers the US is almost 14 times more dangerous for a violent attack than the entire european continent.  These are numbers that do not lie.

Yet here you are...ignoring facts.  Claiming it's europe that is a problem and in danger, not using that specific word to describe which group you're talking about.

If I had to trust myself in either area of the world I can safely say by the numbers alone the US is a damned site more scary

You are discussing crime rates. Is crime terrorism? I suppose if you're being attacked and hurt it could be terrifying. However in Europe they keep having muslim terrorist attacks. Mostly France and Britain.

Animals killing innocent women and children in the name of allah.

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Fact is any Canadian city if probably more dangerous than a European city. ..

So many handguns in Canada. Sickening. 

Ok so you want to talk about crime rates between Canada and European countries? Doesn't seem like the appropriate thread but this is cdc so I guess we can.

Give me some time I will google dangerous crime rates.

Btw the bolded, fact is probably wtf?:lol:

So is it a fact or no? Or is it safe to say you don't know the dangerous crime rates by country? 

27 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

The vast majority of gun violence involves suicides, drugs, or domestic violence. 

The current trend of striking fear into the average innocent citizen of earth who doesn't agree with a religion leans extremely toward radical Islam. In fact, it isnt even close. In the past, many other religions had their time as the worst, but for the last 15 years or more radical Islam wins in a landslide. How to fix it? I don't know, better security scrutiny for any practicing Islamist, but I am sure that would offend. 

Archived