The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 30 Current NHL Players - #25

Top 30 Current NHL Players   

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rank as the #25 player currently in the NHL?

• Anze Kopitar (F)
    • Patrik Laine (F)
    • Joe Pavelski (F)
    • Tyler Seguin (F)
    • Blake Wheeler (F)
    • Roman Josi (D)
    • Duncan Keith (D)
    • Kris Letang (D)
    • P. K. Subban (D)
    • Matt Murray (G)

This poll is closed to new votes

Welcome to the 'Top 30' series! We will select the top 30 players that are currently in the NHL.

How this works is, you vote for the player that you would rank #25 based on their recent accomplishments and likely potential next year.

Congratulations to Mark Scheifele on being ranked as the #24 current NHL player!

Matt Murray had the most nominations, so he was added to the list.

Please remember to nominate a current NHL player to be added to the voting list by posting below.

The List:

#1 - Sidney Crosby (F)

#2 - Connor McDavid (F)

#3 - Erik Karlsson (D)

#4 - Patrick Kane (F)

#5 - Evgeni Malkin (F)

#6 - Carey Price (G)

#7 - Victor Hedman (D)

#8 - Alex Ovechkin (F)

#9 - Brent Burns (D)

#10 - Steven Stamkos (F)

-------------------------

#11 - John Tavares (F)

#12 - Nikita Kucherov (F)

#13 - Drew Doughty (D)

#14 - Vladimir Tarasenko (F)

#15 - Jamie Benn (F)

#16 - Jonathan Toews (F)

#17 - Nicklas Backstrom (F)

#18 - Sergei Bobrovsky (G)

#19 - Braden Holtby (G)

#20 - Patrice Bergeron (F)

-------------------------

#21 - Brad Marchand (F)

#22 - Auston Matthews (F)

#23 - Ryan Getzlaf (F)

#24 - Mark Scheifele (F)

32 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Kind of amazed Seguin is only just getting voted in. Marchand had one good year, Matthews was a rookie that finished with less points on a better team. Weird.

I forgot 37 goals is not considered a good year. Marchand is excellent and is far more clutch than Seguin. 

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

Kind of amazed Seguin is only just getting voted in. Marchand had one good year, Matthews was a rookie that finished with less points on a better team. Weird.

Matthews scored 14 more goals and only 3 less points. Not to mention he's one of only 4 players to ever score 40 or more goals before the age of 20.

Voting Letang, who, oddly enough, seems to be getting less and less votes now.

Nominating Panarin. In the last two seasons Panarin has had a points-per-game of 0.93. The next highest player not yet nominated onto the list is Gaudreau (who's not even being nominated) at 0.92. Eichel (0.80) and Draisaitl (0.83) are both behind Panarin. Both have gotten closer to Panarin in the last season, but neither have matched Panarin's rookie season.

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Voting Letang, who, oddly enough, seems to be getting less and less votes now.

Nominating Panarin. In the last two seasons Panarin has had a points-per-game of 0.93. The next highest player not yet nominated onto the list is Gaudreau (who's not even being nominated) at 0.92. Eichel (0.80) and Draisaitl (0.83) are both behind Panarin. Both have gotten closer to Panarin in the last season, but neither have matched Panarin's rookie season.

I feel Panarin only reached that level of success due to Kane. I wouldn't bet on him putting up those numbers again in Columbus.

Eichel on the other hand was almost ppg without a superstar on his wings. That earns the nomination from me.

Letang

Nominate OEL

IMO some people get a little too influenced by the recency effect. Scheifele, for example, is very good but I don't think it's a coincidence that he finally took that next step forward when he lined up with the best goalscorer to come along in nearly a decade. Symbiotic relationship sure, but I wonder what he'd do without Laine. 

Archived