44 Duncan

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Golden Knights Sept. 17th 2:00pm

Rate this topic

Honestly impressed with Boeser. Two goals playing on a line with Megna and set up Subban for a sweet rush. 

Just now, 73 Percent said:

He's definitly a good role model for the kids in Utica.

True enough.  Wherever the majority of our kids are, Archy should be there.  Good point.

8 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I missed the game. How was Juolevi so far?

Sadly that last goal pretty much sums up what his preseason has been like so far and a perfect example of why he's a couple years away.  Gets smashed in his own end and appeared to be stunned and then gave the puck/stripped and then outskated for the goal.  Man.  Ugly game all around but certainly for our 5th.

• Upvote 2

"I'm trying to produce, but it doesn't matter if it doesn't help us win. We got into penalty trouble and it cost us." - Boeser

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

I like Archy, but seriously doubt he has any chance for the big club.  Sure wish we went with guys like Archy and Labate over Bermistrov and Gagnier.  

The Canuck powerplay is so horrible that I can't fault them for picking up Sam Gagner. He can produce on the PP, which is more than I can say for pretty much any other Canuck centreman.

• Upvote 1

Happy to see Ferguson play Ok as a Kamloops Blazers fan but that being said if the Knights D played close to how bad the Canucks D did we would have seen 20 goals in this game. It was a true stinker. I am a big Juolevi supporter but wow he was really bad. 

• Upvote 1

I am reminded of that scene from Indiana Jones when dude looks into the Ark of the Covenant and his face melts, mostly when I watch Jordan Subban play defense. I try not to look directly at it.

• Upvote 2

Boeser was good,Virtanen was decent....Joulevi,Goldobin,Rodin,Demko did very little to elevate their status in this game.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, SergioMomesso said:

Hate to bring this up but. 

Sergaychev, Bean, Chychren, McCavoy and Stanley all look like twice the player Juolevi is thus far. 

exactly, similar age, same draft... so why isn't it taking them longer to develop. 

"We've got a young group and this was a test. Calgary on Wednesday is another. Hopefully we can regroup and play hard." - Virtanen

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

I was never worried about Jake and I'm not worried about OJ.  Not even remotely, he just needs to start playing professional hockey........going back to JR would be the worst possible scenario for him, imo.

They said that about jake too.

Holm needs time in the ahl to learn the North American style

juolevi needs to play against men. He needs some humble pie to get better

• Upvote 1

I am jealous of the Vegas prospects. Alex Tuch and Tyler Wong were both more impressive than anyone on the Canucks roster, including Boeser.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Great Granny said:

So in one off-season Vegas has acquired more prospect depth than a 47 year old team.

BETTMAN!

newman.jpg

• Upvote 1

"I felt good, sometimes the game goes that way. I never like giving up four goals. I need to move on and refocus for the week." - Demko

1 minute ago, Mustapha said:

I am jealous of the Vegas prospects. Alex Tuch and Tyler Wong were both more impressive than anyone on the Canucks roster, including Boeser.

how did they get this Wong guy? did they draft him?