The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - CLB

CLB: Dorsett

VAN: Anderson

Swap of bottom 6 RWs. 

Josh Anderson of CLB has yet to sign. Contract hold out. There are rumors they aren't close and both sides may want to move on.  

Anderson is 23 yo, drafted 95th in 2012. 6'3, 220. Right shooting. 17G-12A, 5 fighting majors, tied for CLB lead in 78 games in 2016-17. 

Dorsett is a fan favorite in CLB. Familiar w/ Tortorella from NYR. And patches the whole Anderson would leave. 

3 minutes ago, Canada Hockey Place said:

Swap of bottom 6 RWs. 

Josh Anderson of CLB has yet to sign. Contract hold out. There are rumors they aren't close and both sides may want to move on.  

Anderson is 23 yo, drafted 95th in 2012. 6'3, 220. Right shooting. 17G-12A, 5 fighting majors, tied for CLB lead in 78 games in 2016-17. 

Dorsett is a fan favorite in CLB. Familiar w/ Tortorella from NYR. And patches the whole Anderson would leave. 

CBJ will wait it out - like they did with Johansen.

They gave up a lot for Vegas to not select Korpisalo or Anderson in the expansion draft.  Don't see them trading him. 

Love what Dorsett brings to the lineup each night but this is a classic example where CDC is trying to get something for nothing essentially.   Young power forward potential roster player for aged hard-miles severely injured role player with a not insignificant contract...come on now. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Calvin's Dog said:

I think the problem with acquiring another RW is that currently there is Boeser, Vitanen and Eriksson as well as Dorsett and possible Rodin who are all RWs.

Unless one of these are involved in the trade, isn't that too many? 

Granted Rodin and Dorsett are question marks...

Rodin and Eriksson being left handed can easily move to the left side. Virtanen can play both wings too although it seems like Vancouver wants him on his right side. Any trade for Anderson likely involves one of our ELC/cheap NHL ready guys. Goldy, Boeser, Jake, Granny etc. Seeing as they gave up quite a bit to protect him and Korpisalo from Vegas I imagine they want to work out a deal to keep him.

On 17/09/2017 at 11:48 AM, Canada Hockey Place said:

Dorsett is not enough for Anderson so we would need to add.

I myself did a proposal a month or two ago called "chemisrty...."  which included acquiring Anderson in exchange for Dorsett and a 4th rounder.

He has past chemistry with Horvat.

If I had to redo my proposal I would say Dorsett and a 3rd rounder as it will most likely be a high 3rd rounder....

Get it done Benning :rolleyes:

At this point I would doubt that the Canucks have a willingness to trade what Columbus is asking. 

When we talk names like Virtanen, Granlund, Baertschi, Goldobin, Baertschi, Rodin........I think that the first three are starting to project to show promise of being part of the future core of this team and something that probably doesn't want to be tampered with. 

That leaves players like Goldobin, Rodin, picks, etc. If Columbus is losing a roster player, at this juncture I would think that they would want one back. Neither Goldobin nor Rodin have convinced to date that they can play and stick with an NHL roster. 

So who else is left....Dorsett is not fair value.....I don't think trading Sutter is in the team's best interest as a centre for a winger going into the start of the season could leave the team short.

I guess I could list every player and maybe find a match but the names being bantered around don't seem to fit.

CBJ might have troubles attracting FA's(not exactly paradise). Looks like they only have 42 contracts, currently(capfriendly info). Also have about 8,000,000 in cap open. Next summer, they'll likely need that space for guys like Atkinson, Calvert & some nice RFA's.

Suggest we send:

Dorsett (retain 1 million AAV, for 2 yrs)

Subban (falling back on our depth-chart)

Cassels (strong links to that town, thru his Dad)

note: I'd even add Baer, if they included their 2nd(2018, or perhaps even 2019)

So they send us Josh Anderson.

Include a 2nd, if we added Sven.

That JA kid has size, talent, & history with the London Knights(did he & Bo play together on the same line at times?)

I think Tortorella would consider Dorsett an upgrade over Anderson. Especially for playoff experience for the next 2 seasons.

Both sides assume risk. Anderson may not sign and may be just a 1 year fluke. Dorsett may not be 100%.

VAN can afford to be patient signing Anderson. ie if he chooses play in another league, let him. 

CLB can afford to let Dorsett be 100% by the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

He's a 6'3" 23 year old who just put up 17 even strength goals playing on the 4th line.  He's not going to be moved for scraps 

This. Dorsett is coming off a serious neck injury and is overpaid. I can't believe people actually think that Columbus would consider moving Anderson for him. And no, adding a 4th round or a 3rd round pick isn't going to do it. 

In a deal for Anderson the Canucks would be giving up Baertschi or Granlund

Archived