The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - CLB

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:01 PM, dayner said:

Love the idea but we would need to add. Anderson has legit top 6 power forward potential and Dorsett does need to prove he is healthy.

Should he prove himself you are looking more like a Dorsett + Baertschi for Anderson deal imo.

I like this, but maybe Archibald + Baertschi. Although with Sven it isn't likely to happen, maybe a 2nd round draft pick, Benning likes to trade those off especially in deep draft years.

Guance and Sven/Archibald? Chabut?

Like this kid for 3rd/4th line duties he would be one of the biggest guys on the team and then maybe the team will start fast tracking Virtanen to be a goal scorer. If the Sedins can be this bad defensively why not let a young gun learn, Parise wasn't all that good defensively at first.

On 30/09/2017 at 7:06 PM, HockeydownUnder said:

This. Dorsett is coming off a serious neck injury and is overpaid. I can't believe people actually think that Columbus would consider moving Anderson for him. And no, adding a 4th round or a 3rd round pick isn't going to do it. 

In a deal for Anderson the Canucks would be giving up Baertschi or Granlund

Anderson is good but not better than Baertschi or Granlund IMO. 

It's hard to say what Anderson's value is at this point and it is also hard to say how teams value Dorsett, yes he had a neck injury but he looked like the same old Dorsett out there in the pre season.

2 hours ago, canuckmen84 said:

Anderson is good but not better than Baertschi or Granlund IMO. 

It's hard to say what Anderson's value is at this point and it is also hard to say how teams value Dorsett, yes he had a neck injury but he looked like the same old Dorsett out there in the pre season.

I would almost consider Anderson for Baertschi straight across.  Value for them is close. Granlund I'd prefer to hold onto

14 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Baertschi last year, 18 G, 17 A in 68 games

Anderson last year, 17 G 12 A in 79 games

It's close to a lateral move but Anderson is the better player. He can play bottom six minutes and plays a bigger game then Baer. Baer is a good skilled player but can he play bottom six hockey as our team gets deeper throughout the next few years? Well, it remains to be seen. 

17 hours ago, dayner said:

So you're saying there's a chance?!

About as likely as Jim Carrey getting the girl in dumb and dumber...so there's a chance!

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Anderson did it playing on the 4th line with little power play time. All his points came 5 on 5 

Anderson also had an unsustainable 14.3 shooting %. He's a year younger than bear though and his size is a plus. 

Archived