The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild re-sign Mikko Koivu

Parise and Suter contracts are going to be anchors in a couple of years. Terrible overpayments. Particularly for Parise. Suter wasn't as bad contract because he was amongst the elite Dmen in the NHL at the time. But front loaded 7.5+ cap hit for 13 years for each of those two? crazy contracts.  They'll figure out a way to put them on LTIR like some of the other teams have done with their players I guess. Or trade the (NMC) contract along with a pick or prospect to someone who can take on the cap. 

I like Koivu this is a good extension to end his career. 

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Parise and Suter contracts are going to be anchors in a couple of years. Terrible overpayments. Particularly for Parise. Suter wasn't as bad contract because he was amongst the elite Dmen in the NHL at the time. But front loaded 7.5+ cap hit for 13 years for each of those two? crazy contracts.  They'll figure out a way to put them on LTIR like some of the other teams have done with their players I guess. Or trade the (NMC) contract along with a pick or prospect to someone who can take on the cap. 

I like Koivu this is a good extension to end his career. 

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota Wild left wing Zach Parise is being held out of the beginning of training camp because of a back injury.

Parise was not on the ice Friday for the first practice. His status is considered day to day. Coach Bruce Boudreau said he doesn’t believe Parise’s condition is serious. He said the team is being “overly precautious.”

ADVERTISING

Parise had 19 goals and 23 assists in 69 games in 2016-17, his lowest points total in a non-lockout season since his rookie year with New Jersey. Parise missed the playoffs after the 2015-16 season because of a back injury.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

23 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota Wild left wing Zach Parise is being held out of the beginning of training camp because of a back injury.

Parise was not on the ice Friday for the first practice. His status is considered day to day. Coach Bruce Boudreau said he doesn’t believe Parise’s condition is serious. He said the team is being “overly precautious.”

ADVERTISING

Parise had 19 goals and 23 assists in 69 games in 2016-17, his lowest points total in a non-lockout season since his rookie year with New Jersey. Parise missed the playoffs after the 2015-16 season because of a back injury.

(© Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Ya he didn't have a good year last year and I thought last year that he's on his way down. 

I think he's OK for couple of years but the problem is the contract goes for 8 more years. At 7.5+ and even if he retires his cap hit will count. They'll have to figure out a way to put him on LTIR for the rest of the contract in couple of years when he's a complete albatross. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya he didn't have a good year last year and I thought last year that he's on his way down. 

I think he's OK for couple of years but the problem is the contract goes for 8 more years. At 7.5+ and even if he retires his cap hit will count. They'll have to figure out a way to put him on LTIR for the rest of the contract in couple of years when he's a complete albatross. 

thats why i posted the article. need to lay the ground work a couple years in advance to make it seem legit.

16 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Ohlund sends his regards...

Moral of the story?  Don't get a Viking mad by trying to throw an elbow at his bad eye...

I miss Ohlund :(

As for Mikko... looks like he took a small pay cut to make his team more competitive... gotta respect that. 

Archived