The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC has officially become a Banana Republic

kingofsurrey

22 hours ago, Warhippy said:

We really need to turf career politicians is what needs to happen.  Only allowed to serve 1 term for say 10 years or 3 electoral cycles unless they can prove a measure of success while in office.

Max.

Agree. The concept of such parasites should cause more outrage than it does. 

I forget the pension structure these folks take from serving us. It's unreal. 

21 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Max.

Agree. The concept of such parasites should cause more outrage than it does. 

I forget the pension structure these folks take from serving us. It's unreal. 

Dianne wattas is a good example.

She leaves Ottawa with a mighty sweet pension, should she come to BC become the head of the Liberal party she gets a sweet gift from the party, should she become premier she gets yet even more.

So in essence could be triple dipping before she hits age 65....

For being a "public servant" making in excess of $280,000 a year for not working should all of that happen and her retiring is absolute crap

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

She leaves Ottawa with a mighty sweet pension, should she come to BC become the head of the Liberal party she gets a sweet gift from the party, should she become premier she gets yet even more.

For being a "public servant" making in excess of $280,000 a year for not working should all of that happen and her retiring is absolute crap

Good one.

Thats all tax dollars. 

That, should be a crime. Any Gov who says they will end this parasitic "serving" will get my vote. 

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Pretty sure you need to serve 6 years as a mp. She was elected in 2015 wasn't she?

If you have proof of this "mighty sweet pension" I would like to see it.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Pretty sure you need to serve 6 years as a mp. She was elected in 2015 wasn't she?

If you have proof of this "mighty sweet pension" I would like to see it.

MP pensions are contributed as  6 : 1 

Taxpayers contribute 6 dollars to every dollar a MP puts in.

This is some kind of a sick joke.   OINK  OINK OINK 

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

MP pensions are contributed as  6 : 1 

Taxpayers contribute 6 dollars to every dollar a MP puts in.

This is some kind of a sick joke.   OINK  OINK OINK 

But like I said Watts isn't eligible for a mp pension like @Warhippy said she was. As for your point I totally agree. It's pathetic what makes them so special? They can save for their retirement like the rest of us have to do.

OTTAWA — The federal government’s latest annual report on pensions for MPs and senators shows just how much taxpayers continue to pay for parliamentarians’ retirement allowances, although the politicians are slowly starting to contribute more.

The 2012-13 report on the parliamentary pension plan tabled this week — just hours before a pay raise kicked in for federal politicians — shows taxpayers contributed nearly $6 into the pension plan for every $1 contributed by members of Parliament and senators.

Here’s a look at the parliamentary pension plan and at changes slowly taking effect over the next few years:

2012-13 parliamentary pensions

Six — Number of years a parliamentarian must serve to be eligible for pension benefits.

http://o.canada.com/news/national/by-the-numbers-your-guide-to-political-pension-payouts

On 23/09/2017 at 11:07 AM, Warhippy said:

We really need to turf career politicians is what needs to happen.  Only allowed to serve 1 term for say 10 years or 3 electoral cycles unless they can prove a measure of success while in office.

I would agree with this for the most part, I suppose you could have a guy who is so good you wish they would be able to stay on but sadly those would be very rare. I could go for 2 successful elections and then that's it. No pensions either. Most politicians though seem to be bought and paid for by businesses, unions, the environmental movement, the fake media and the like.

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎18 at 9:08 PM, kingofsurrey said:

Mainstream media / journalists  in BC have  sold out each and every citizen of this province.....

You have to seek out truth where ever you can in BC.  

Factual information is either labelled "left" or never raised as a talking point.

Any wonder why we are the biggest debt slave generation in the history of the world, the other option for us is a total economic collapse - the Mother of All Bubbles!

29 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So she didn't get in before Harper's changes.  Too bad for her

These changes by Harper?

Changes to parliamentary pension plan adopted in 2012:

Contributions by MPs and senators to the parliamentary pension plan are slowly increasing, and will hit a 50:50 cost-sharing ratio with taxpayers by Jan. 1, 2017.

Archived