The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your unpopular opinion?

Kaner

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is the purpose of this thread to teach us what "trolling" is?  B)

Oh, I figured it was a light-hearted indulgence designed to allow us to expose and explore our most frowned upon views, without ridicule... 

So we can laugh at ourselves and others because we realize it's not a popular view, we are not perfect and we are willing to accept the fact we are all individuals with unique and personal opinions, which might not be popular.

Some people have too large of an ego to admit they're wrong, that their ideas are crazy, or just plain stupid. 

But I can tell you that sheep are very popular with other sheep and wolves like to eat them.

Being on the outside looking in can be the most enlighting place to learn.

I like that there are teams in nontraditional hockey markets.

Promotions like You Can Play Team/Hockey is for Everyone are very necessary. They do not "bring politics into hockey", they bring people, fans, into hockey. 

Jayson Megna is not a scrub. I don't think he should make the Canucks out of camp, but he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be, same with Chaput. 

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Oh, I figured it was a light-hearted indulgence designed to allow us to expose and explore our most frowned upon views, without ridicule... 

So we can laugh at ourselves and others because we realize it's not a popular view, we are not perfect and we are willing to accept the fact we are all individuals with unique and personal opinions, which might not be popular.

Some people have too large of an ego to admit they're wrong, that their ideas are crazy, or just plain stupid. 

But I can tell you that sheep are very popular with other sheep and wolves like to eat them.

Being on the outside looking in can be the most enlighting place to learn.

Would it be unpopular to suggest you are very wise? 

Gillis was a meh GM.

Handing out NTC and NMC's like candy at Hallowe'en.

Luongo contract (Which the team is still paying for).

Hunter Shinkaruk.

Cody Hodgson.

Jordan Schroeder

And only D-men that really played in the NHL was Sauve, and Connauton.

He improved near the end, but it was too little too late. 

https://thecanuckway.com/2016/03/28/vancouver-canucks-mike-gillis-destroyed-future/

1) 3 points for regulation win, 2 for OT win, 0 for tie or loss

2) Make the teams who miss the playoffs have all the same percentage to win the lottery (100/15= 6.66% chance each)  Sucks for crappy teams because they might end up with a mid round pick rather than a top end pick but then there is no reason to tank at all.  And then simply put every team with 1 ball and roll it out with first ball as 16th pick, etc.

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

This will be pretty unpopular, but I am looking forward to the Sedins retiring. I think the team is better off without them and that they were never tough enough to win a cup. 

Yeah, you really need that Patrick Kane or Phil Kessel grit to bring home the cup. The Sedins are plenty tough... just not aggressive. 

4 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Yeah, you really need that Patrick Kane or Phil Kessel grit to bring home the cup. The Sedins are plenty tough... just not aggressive. 

Well, I didnt say they aren't tough, just that I think they weren't tough enough to win the cup. I do think aggressive is the better word, though. They let Boston roll over them, trying to draw power plays because that was their bread and butter that year. If they were more aggressive and actually had some pushback,  I think we would've won. But I digress. 

I like their leadership culture, but I won't miss their lack of aggression when the going gets tough. 

I love the guy, and am a huge fan, but Trevor Linden is overrated here. I understand that with him it goes way beyond the ice though.

I am still a Ryan Kesler fan and while the Canucks are bottom feeders I would love to see him Bieksa and Miller hoist the cup.

Gary Bettman has done a good job as commissioner.

I love Don Cherry

As much as I can't stand him, I would love Brad Marchand on the nucks. 

I WAS a huge Matt Cooke fan when he played for van.

Sean Avery was good for the league. Any publicity is good.

Cory Schneider is overrated

4 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Well, its all a matter of opinion.  And in my opinion.....i just cant see a successful billionaire, after years of apparently getting screwed over by a small group of men; not only gladly start taking sh*t from their kids too, but keep investing their money into a league that's obviously going to perpetually treat them like the league's b*tch.  That doesnt sound like something a billionaire would let happen.

Just curious.....who exactly are the owners of the "old boys club", and how did they get that membership card?

If I knew that I wouldn't be spending my time on CDC :lol:

I don't think it happens on a daily basis but don't kid yourself, its an exclusive group and yes sometimes the core group gets what they want. 

Here goes:

1. I wish Arthur Griffiths still owned the team. He was fiscally responsible and we even got to have a cool hoops team in Van City for a bit there.

2. The Mustard and black and orange flying Vee uniforms were ahead of their time and they should be brought back right away.

3. A two minute penalty for shooting the puck over the glass is utter garbage.

4. The eastern media (to) don't get the respect that they deserve. The TO guys are so wise that they completely have blocked out the guys from PQ. I have no clue what the Quebec media has to say about our Canucks.

5. It's going to be a long rebuilding process for our Canucks. So far we have a few bona fide prospects and a few players that have high ceilings, but no sure fire generational talents. Gotta get two of those at some point.

Marner is better than Matthews.

Hossa (especially in his prime) is a better defensive forward than most Selke finalists.

Aside from the goaltending, the 2003 Canucks were a much better team than the 2011 Canucks. More entertaining as well.

Brad Marchand and Duncan Keith are better human being than most of us on CDC.

I miss Chris Higgins and his abs.

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

Marner is better than Matthews.

Hossa (especially in his prime) is a better defensive forward than most Selke finalists.

Aside from the goaltending, the 2003 Canucks were a much better team than the 2011 Canucks. More entertaining as well.

Brad Marchand and Duncan Keith are better human being than most of us on CDC.

I miss Chris Higgins and his abs.

+1 for your comment about Marchand and Keith.  Not because i like them personally, but rather for the acknowledgement that even the biggest the pr*cks in the game are usually extremely charitable and good-hearted people off the ice.

A few years ago, a foundation was started called The Chapter 5 Foundation.  The purpose of the foundation was to help hockey players adjust to the next chapter in their life after hockey.  

Most players have had their lives structured for them since they were 16.  Once the playing days are over, they don't know what to do with their time...they're bored, they have no job, they usually have no more income coming in; its easy to fall into depression and lose that sense of self worth and fall into bad habits.

Chapter 5 Foundation helps players acquire skill sets and prepare for a new career after hockey...sales, marketing, real estate, etc...  They can get help finding a new skill as well help finding a job in that field.  They also have counseling for players who may have developed alcoholism or substance abuse problems, as well as medical professionals to help players who may be dealing with long term effect injuries such as concussions. 

Its a great foundation and its named Chapter 5 in memory of Steve Montador.  And its sad to think that maybe if this foundation was around 10 years ago, the likes of Steve Montador, Derek Boogard, and Rick Rypien might still be with us today.

Now how many people would have guessed that the Chapter 5 Foundation was started and is operated by Dan Carcillo and Ben Eager?  Probably not the two guys you expected. 

The Sedins are not tough. Being bullied does not make you tough.

PK Subban is a media whore from way back. The opposite of most hockey players.

Crosby is a better defensive player than the past legends of the game, making him the best overall player, in that sense.

Malkin always was better than OV.

The offside camera idea is crap.

Gillis was lucky to have had all those guys have career years at once and the Sedins win Hart trophies. He is the worst. 

Shootout wins are also the worst. 

Archived