The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Team is soft again

hockeygod77

Yeah losing Tryamkin & Sbisa really got rid of our two best (only) hitters from last year.  With Gudbranson coming back and who knows, maybe Virtanen making the team, some of that will be offset.  Though you can't really replace Tryamkin's size.  Right now toughness isn't that big of a concern for me, as we'll be bullied on the scoreboard all year.  So there will be no point in trying to intimidate the Canucks physically.  This is an area we'll need to address for the future, so that teams don't take liberties with our players in future playoff games.  

Meanwhile was reading this morn(Sportsnet article) Shaw on Mtl said he bs'ed docs to keep playing, at times last season. Media/league-hierarchy/reffs/accepting players will maintain many shades of grey on rule-direction/enforcement, while the league will always throw TWO rulebooks our way.

Build a tough team: They'll call everything, including sneezes.

Build a soft team: hey reffs didn't see that, gotta' let 'em play(no suspension, accidental!), etc...

1 hour ago, hockeygod77 said:

this year again I'm afraid to say that the canucks will get pushed around again...you have guys that are willing but the good teams will just bully the canucks again....its too bad they cannot score lots of goals too this year..gonna be a problem some nights.

Bo says well I guess you just gotta ..

article_1d96c3aa-0a32-4c75-a0a1-f7056090

The league is shifting away from the Bruins and Kings teams of the 2011-2012 style of play.  Skill, speed and puck possession is proving to be the new staple.  So this post is completely asinine.  Sure, we could use a little bit of size, but there's no need to load up on Radko Gudas, Matt Martin types who offer little in return but PIM and Hits.  That's just not the gear that the NHL is heading towards.  If you want that, watch re-runs of the 1970's through 1990's.  Peace.

Just now, JesseBlue said:

as long as the canucks scores lots of goals and wins then i don't care about team toughness

I agree. At this point it's more important to find goal scoring than toughness. Toughness is easier to add than goal scorers.

Archived