The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roman Josi named captain of Nashville Predators

Adarsh Sant

Not really surprised here. He was definitely the obvious choice.... man and he only makes 4 mill cap hit for the next 3 years. 

I'm still beyond shocked that Fisher decided to retire... makes 0 sense. He should have captained them 1 more year and tried for the cup. 

If they were going to pick the most elite guy on their roster and give him the "C" it would have certainly been Bonino or Yannick Weber. They have eliteness running through their veins from their time with the worlds most glorious sporting franchise :P

32 minutes ago, apollo said:

Not really surprised here. He was definitely the obvious choice.... man and he only makes 4 mill cap hit for the next 3 years. 

I'm still beyond shocked that Fisher decided to retire... makes 0 sense. He should have captained them 1 more year and tried for the cup. 

If they were going to pick the most elite guy on their roster and give him the "C" it would have certainly been Bonino or Yannick Weber. They have eliteness running through their veins from their time with the worlds most glorious sporting franchise :P

I would retire too if it meant spending every night with underwood

35 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

I would retire too if it meant spending every night with underwood

I know she's a babe but Mike Fisher is as hot if not better... I'm sure if they were to ever divorce he wouldn't have any problems finding another babe... iono I just really question his retirement. The fact that he's a hockey player just makes him even better 

Image result for mike fisher suit

Image result for mike fisher beard

Wow, 8 captains already in their history? Next season is only their 19th in NHL, that's almost a new captain every 2 years lol.

Josi does deserve it though, great player.

Tom Fitzgerald 98-02

Greg Johnson 02-06

Kimmo Timonen 06-07

Jason Arnott 07-10

Shea Weber 10-16

Mike Fisher 16-17

Roman Josi 17-???

errr...I think Josi is only their 7th Captain lol, all resources I've looked at have only listed 6 previous captains, way to go Nashvile twitter!

I guess 7 in 19 years isn't as bad as 8, still a high turnover though.

57 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I thought they only had Associate Captains if they were rotating the captaincy.

I thought they were still called alternate captains in that case, since they alternate who's wearing it. 

But you could be right, which makes Ellis being associate all the more strange. 

Archived