The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roman Josi named captain of Nashville Predators

Adarsh Sant

5 hours ago, apollo said:

Not really surprised here. He was definitely the obvious choice.... man and he only makes 4 mill cap hit for the next 3 years. 

I'm still beyond shocked that Fisher decided to retire... makes 0 sense. He should have captained them 1 more year and tried for the cup. 

If they were going to pick the most elite guy on their roster and give him the "C" it would have certainly been Bonino or Yannick Weber. They have eliteness running through their veins from their time with the worlds most glorious sporting franchise :P

We pay Brandon Sutter more than this stud. Damn...

2 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

We pay Brandon Sutter more than this stud. Damn...

Yea... it sucks. To be fair though we pay Sutter only 125K more than they pay Craig Smith... Sutter has 4 years left and Smith has 3 years left. I'd certainly rather have Sutter than Craig Smith. Smith seems to have plateaued big time even while being on the better team.  

What really pains me is that ma boy Nick the Bone Show Bonino is only making 4.1 for the next four years. God I wish I could reverse that trade and not see Crosby be handed two more Conn Smythes... 

2015-Jul-28 Traded from Vancouver Canucks with Adam Clendening and round 2 pick in the 2016 draft (Filip Gustavsson) to Pittsburgh Penguins for Brandon Sutter and round 3 pick in the 2016 draft (William Lockwood)

Hopefully Lockwood becomes an elite #1 RWinger and we end up winning the trade. 

23 hours ago, Glory_Days said:

Wow, 8 captains already in their history? Next season is only their 19th in NHL, that's almost a new captain every 2 years lol.

Josi does deserve it though, great player.

Tom Fitzgerald 98-02

Greg Johnson 02-06

Kimmo Timonen 06-07

Jason Arnott 07-10

Shea Weber 10-16

Mike Fisher 16-17

Roman Josi 17-???

errr...I think Josi is only their 7th Captain lol, all resources I've looked at have only listed 6 previous captains, way to go Nashvile twitter!

I guess 7 in 19 years isn't as bad as 8, still a high turnover though.

I think the  Nashville Predators are counting Roman as the eighth captain because Scott Walker was a intern captain for 8 games when captain Greg Johnson was injured during the 2002-2003 season.

Archived