The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Matt Duchene

17 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

NHL 18 is out now my dude 

Still haven't made the purchase but I'm hoping they fix the hybrid controls. As someone who has been playing since NHL 93, I just can't make the switch to skill stick. But you can't protect the puck with hybrid controls...come on EA!

19 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Still haven't made the purchase but I'm hoping they fix the hybrid controls. As someone who has been playing since NHL 93, I just can't make the switch to skill stick. But you can't protect the puck with hybrid controls...come on EA!

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change" - Steven Hawking

19 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

I feel you but you really gotta just keep at it until you get used to it. 

It was a major struggle for me but if you keep playing long enough, you should adapt. 

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Forsberg has no time for Matt Duchene.

"Doubtful that he should be allowed to play (with Colorado),” Forsberg said during a Swedish broadcast.

“Put him in the stands. If I were playing with a player that I know doesn't even want to be in the team, it's not like he is going to throw himself on the ice and block shots with his head. It is mostly difficult to have a player like that in the team, although he is skillful and is doing his best. I would rather play with someone that wants to be there. I would put him on the bench and trade him.”

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Peter Forsberg has no time for Matt Duchene.

"Doubtful that he should be allowed to play (with Colorado),” Forsberg said during a Swedish broadcast.

“Put him in the stands. If I were playing with a player that I know doesn't even want to be in the team, it's not like he is going to throw himself on the ice and block shots with his head. It is mostly difficult to have a player like that in the team, although he is skillful and is doing his best. I would rather play with someone that wants to be there. I would put him on the bench and trade him.”

Forsberg is totally off base here. I don't see how this is Duchene's fault.  He never asked to be traded.  This situation is entirely Sakkc's making.  If anyone should be punished for it it's him. 

22 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Forsberg is totally off base here. I don't see how this is Duchene's fault.  He never asked to be traded.  This situation is entirely Sakkc's making.  If anyone should be punished for it it's him. 

Doesn’t matter who is right. What matters is what is right.

What is right in this case is to trade Duchene both for the player in question and for the team. They both have to move on from this toxic, unnecessary situation.

7 hours ago, Me_ said:

Doesn’t matter who is right. What matters is what is right.

What is right in this case is to trade Duchene both for the player in question and for the team. They both have to move on from this toxic, unnecessary situation.

Oh I totally agree, I was just commenting on Forsberg throwing Duchene under the bus when it was clearly his old team mate Sakic who caused the whole toxic situation

2 hours ago, Hypocritical Cranium said:

Tanev + Dahlen + 2nd = Duchene

Ewww. Huge overpayment. The only D i'd trade right now is Hutton, as Pouliot could step right in to replace him. We'd also need to add a C. Sutter has a full NTC so I doubt he'd waive for Colorado. I'd do Hutton, Burmistrov and Gaudette. 

5 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

how about no not going to happen, but if it does they want young players and I think tanev is to old for their rebuild  Hutton Gaudette Subban and a 2nd

They've reportedly turned down much better offers than that.  Spare parts isn't going to get it done. 

Archived