The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Matt Duchene

I don't see how this is a good idea, it would end up being joulevi and like granlund or Baertchi and I think 90%+ of fans would not be happy and I don't think it really improves us short term or long term.  I hope this one doesn't come to pass...

2 hours ago, richado said:

HNIC panel just suggested the Canucks are in and dangling Juolevi. Said Sakic wants an established player, Sergachev-level prospect(Juolevi), and a draft pick.

Really hoping this doesn't happen.

That would be absolutely ridiculous.  This team really hasn't learned from it's 45+ year history on how to properly build a ****ing team.

27 minutes ago, mmead said:

I don't see how this is a good idea, it would end up being joulevi and like granlund or Baertchi and I think 90%+ of fans would not be happy and I don't think it really improves us short term or long term.  I hope this one doesn't come to pass...

Duchene for Juolevi and Baertschi/Granlund. Yes please!!! Duchene easily best player in the trade. 

2 hours ago, richado said:

HNIC panel just suggested the Canucks are in and dangling Juolevi. Said Sakic wants an established player, Sergachev-level prospect(Juolevi), and a draft pick.

Really hoping this doesn't happen.

One thing to take into account is our cap. There isn't really a player on our roster that we can unload to fit Duchene's salary. The only real possibility is Tanev and I don't think either side has interest in a deal like that. Colorado would have to eat half of Duchene's salary and take a player like Baertschi to make it happen. 

29 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

One thing to take into account is our cap. There isn't really a player on our roster that we can unload to fit Duchene's salary. The only real possibility is Tanev and I don't think either side has interest in a deal like that. Colorado would have to eat half of Duchene's salary and take a player like Baertschi to make it happen. 

Juolevi Eriksson for Duchene lol

Matt Duchene is a hell of a hockey player.  He’d easily be the most skilled and fastest Canuck.  People talk about Duchene like he’s a grizzled veteran...  he’s 26 guys.  That ain’t old. He’s got years of productive hockey left in him.  

1 game in Blue and Green and fans will be salivating, guaranteed. 

Looking at the business of the Canucks...  they need to sell more tickets... be more entertaining.  Duchene is easily the most skilled player on the market.  Looking at the Sedins, management knows it’ll most likely be their last season.  They also know that the likes of Pettersson won’t be here for another few years.    Who is going to help Bo down the middle?  Sutter and rookies?  That’s not a good solution.    The Canucks NEED to be aggressive in finding a top 6 C.  Generally they don’t hit the market.  This is an incredibly rare opportunity.  

Olli Juolevi is still a top prospect, but his trajectory has slowed considerably.   Vancouver desperately need more D in the system, but the additions of Chatfield and Pouliot, along with the steady development of Brisebois and McEneny,  Juolevi’s depthchart projection may have changed considerably. 

I’m in the minority, but I’m making this trade all day.  Keep our picks and draft D heavy.  

Toss in Gagner

Baertschi Duchene Boeser 

Granlund Horvat Eriksson

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Vanek Sutter Dorsett 

12 minutes ago, 70seven said:

Matt Duchene is a hell of a hockey player.  He’d easily be the most skilled and fastest Canuck.  People talk about Duchene like he’s a grizzled veteran...  he’s 26 guys.  That ain’t old. He’s got years of productive hockey left in him.  

1 game in Blue and Green and fans will be salivating, guaranteed. 

Looking at the business of the Canucks...  they need to sell more tickets... be more entertaining.  Duchene is easily the most skilled player on the market.  Looking at the Sedins, management knows it’ll most likely be their last season.  They also know that the likes of Pettersson won’t be here for another few years.    Who is going to help Bo down the middle?  Sutter and rookies?  That’s not a good solution.    The Canucks NEED to be aggressive in finding a top 6 C.  Generally they don’t hit the market.  This is an incredibly rare opportunity.  

Olli Juolevi is still a top prospect, but his trajectory has slowed considerably.   Vancouver desperately need more D in the system, but the additions of Chatfield and Pouliot, along with the steady development of Brisebois and McEneny,  Juolevi’s depthchart projection may have changed considerably. 

I’m in the minority, but I’m making this trade all day.  Keep our picks and draft D heavy.  

Toss in Gagner

Baertschi Duchene Boeser 

Granlund Horvat Eriksson

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Vanek Sutter Dorsett 

Still not a first line and we give up our only blue chip D-man. And what happens when Pettersson is ready? Does Horvat or Duchene become the overpaid third line center?

Hard pass.

Something like Duchene for Juolevi and Bärtschi would be an interesting opportunity. Duchene is the smart offensive player that might just get Eriksson going again.

Sedin - Sedin - Virtanen

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Gagner - Horvat - Boeser

Vanek - Duchene - Eriksson 

(Don't read into the order of the lines, they're backwards)

Sell high on Vanek and replace him with Goldobin, kids ripping it up in Utica. 

That's a respectable forward group and we can finally give our lines some identity. 

Juolevi is a cool prospect, but I wonder how good he will really be. This would solve the issue with our LHD for next season too. 

The idea is neat. But I don't see it happening, Sakic would probably want more and we are giving a potential top pairing D away. So much risk involved. 

Archived