2018-19

Kane Duchene Goldy

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Granlund Gaudette Eriksson

Virtanen soderberg Gagner

Edler Tanev

Dahlin Stecher

Del Zotto Guddy

Add Duchene to this roster and there's no way we draft Dahlin. Lets be real, even if we finish dead last, we're drafting 4th overall. 

I like your valuation on the trade... I'd do the deal. 

This is a playoff team as it is IMO and adding Duchene would do wonders. 

I think Burnaby Sell Out Colorado Joe will get a lower return than what you've offered though. His hands are tied. 

After Benning brought in Vanek, Gagner and Del Zotto, it wouldn't surprise me. I'd be okay with Hutton and Sutter for Duchene. Was watching Tim & Sid yesterday (stayed home with a bad back), and even though I don't like the show much, or those guys, they mentioned that after Horvat, the Canucks don't really have a good option as a #2C. (after Henrik leaves). This annoyed me but it's kind of true. Sutter, Granlund, Gagner and Burmistrov are pretty good players, but not future top 6Cs on this team. Pettersson may be 5 years away before he's ready for a regular top 6 roll. And Gaudette is more likely a #3C. Assuming Henrik retires after this season, who will be the #2C? Gagner? I'd rather have Duchene.

Sutter Gudbranson and a 3rd! 

Sedin-Sedin-Gagner/Granlund

Baerstchi-Horvat-Boeser

Vanek-Duchene-Eriksson

Whoever Takes it-Granlund/Gagner-Dorsett

MDZ-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Wiercoch

Biega

Markstrom

Nillson

If they must.. we could throw in Ballard and Raymond no?

Jost-MacKinnon-Rantanen

Landeskog-Soderberg-Yakupov

Andrighetto-Sutter-Wilson

Nieto-Compher-Comeau

Zadorov-Johnson

Barberio-Barrie

Lindholm-Gudbranson

Who knows! Jk no way they do that, and no way we trade for him..

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does Duchene fit into a rebuilding team's future though?  JB should not even kick tires on Duchene.  BIG PASS.

I think he would fit ours assuming we're sending them back at least 1 roster player and not a high end prospect. His value has to be at an all time low... Similar to the Luongo situation. Arguably the most consistent goalie in to dominate the NHL for a decade got traded for Shawn Matthias and an AHL goalie at the time. So when things get bad, I think you can snag a guy like him for low value like when we lost Luongo. 

We've rebuilt for long enough IMO. We finished in the cellar for 3 of 4 years... the one year we didn't, in 2015... we may have drafted one of the best late 1st rounders in the draft in Brock who looks poised to have impact this year. 

I think you gotta wait at least 30-40 games this year before we call this a rebuild season. If we're in a playoff spot, I say we hang tight and hope the team gels in the playoffs for some Cinderella cup run

I've never understood the 'hype' with this guy - for all the prime ice-time he's received in Col the past three years his numbers are VERY average for someone who's supposed to be a top 3 scoring forward on your team (yes I know Col has sucked recently and that his line-mates have been average but still). 

Sakic is likely asking for the moon and stars and we don't really have any of those which we can afford to remove from our system without leaving a gaping hole and putting us right back to where we were a couple years ago. 

Not to mention that MD is turning 27yo this season and that's not exactly making room for the youth that JB has said will be the focus moving forward. 

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Friedman said he heard Sakic asked Subban + x  for Duchene.  Subban as in PK.

Has only scored 60 points or more twice in his career and the last time was 4 seasons ago.

Maybe Sakic is working on his standup comedy career for when he's out of a job this year.

One has to wonder though..What the hell is GM Sakic doing by dragging this distraction out,and letting it fester..?.(and being completely unrealistic in the assets he wants in return)......This trade should have been made yesterday.......In this situation when a player wants out,the Av's are certainly going to lose the trade...

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Keep in mind Sergachev went for Drouin. Maybe we could swing Juolevi for Duchene? Have to add some cap though.

For a second line center?

No thanks. We already have a second line center in Horvat.

You have to ask why Colorado is giving up on a 26 year old too.

Archived