The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Matt Duchene

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Dig a bit deeper.

Landing this guy would mean that the team could dump one or two of Gagner and Brum. Cap problems are fluid pretty easily moved around. Pick up The Cracken. Whatever. 

Overpayment. Yes, agreed, but required to get a proven young, stud out of a rebuilding team. Also, the mediocracy going the other way is no big deal. Gaudette has a slim chance of ever becoming an impact player in the NHL anyways. 

I do this Trade no problem. Like I said, cap space isn't going to be a problem as soon as a trade makes some room. It's a hockey trade. Not going to happen, though. 

Speaking of needing to dig deeper, like most of the time you're way off on this one, to the point where it seems you do not even know who he is aside from being a late pick.

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

Speaking of needing to dig deeper, like most of the time you're way off on this one, to the point where it seems you do not even know who he is aside from being a late pick.

I should just wait for you to speak for me. That way, I'd post things you agree with and you'd never be forced into throwing insults around. 

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I should just wait for you to speak for me. That way, I'd post things you agree with and you'd never be forced into throwing insults around. 

Simply a conclusion drawn from your comments.  Do you know anything at all about Gaudette and his development?  Ever seen him play?

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Simply a conclusion drawn from your comments.  Do you know anything at all about Gaudette and his development?  Ever seen him play?

I think Gaudette will turn out to be a better player than Goldobin. If we're comparing prospects...

5 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Trading Joulevi for Duchene would be a horrible move...Personally,I think Benning would be crucified for making that trade...and rightfully so.

I agree. Duchene does not fit in with the rebuilding plan. We need young players that will reach their peak at the same time, Duchene will be out of his prime. Also, we have no blue chip defence prospect in the system aside from Juolevi. Up front, we have Pettersson who will come up in about 2 years along with few others but none on defence.

Way too much speculation swirling around for this to be just smoke.

IMO, it would be a huge mistake. Duchene is turning 27 in January. By the time our next core starts playing together in the NHL, he'll be just over/under 30. It would show that Benning still wants to just "retool on the fly" when this team just needs to undergo a typical rebuild.

Archived