The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Matt Duchene

Juolevi Sutter Dorsett.....  (doubt Colo would do it)

Always felt the latter 2 carry negative value.

May be early to give up on Juolevi, but he just doesn't project as a #1 franchise type defenceman....

May well be a steady 2-3 guy for a decade at the very top end,,,but also may fall short of that.

Taking Sutters 4.5 and Dorsetts 2.5...we could cover Duchenes cap hit and hopefully extend him.

This ownership/management group is never going to buy into the tank to rebuild program...nor are the current draft rules gonna allow it.

Matt Duchene makes us a much better team today...

It could be ugly this year if the Sedins continue their sharp decline...as unfortunately, their ages project them to do.

Curious what people feel has more value...

Juolevi or next years 1st...

assuming Jake is below both...

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Depends what the asking price going back would be.

Currently don't have a number one centre...number one centre available...why not see what the asking price is.

Shouldn't a #1 centre consistently be at or around a ppg pace? His numbers have been trending in the wrong direction for a few years now. I agree that Duchene is a good player and has some skill, but I've yet to buy into him being a #1 centre. He has been on some bad teams, and could still improve, but he seems to be more of a 2C that could move up the lineup when needed.

15 minutes ago, nickels said:

Juolevi Sutter Dorsett.....  (doubt Colo would do it)

Always felt the latter 2 carry negative value.

May be early to give up on Juolevi, but he just doesn't project as a #1 franchise type defenceman....

May well be a steady 2-3 guy for a decade at the very top end,,,but also may fall short of that.

Taking Sutters 4.5 and Dorsetts 2.5...we could cover Duchenes cap hit and hopefully extend him.

This ownership/management group is never going to buy into the tank to rebuild program...nor are the current draft rules gonna allow it.

Matt Duchene makes us a much better team today...

It could be ugly this year if the Sedins continue their sharp decline...as unfortunately, their ages project them to do.

Curious what people feel has more value...

Juolevi or next years 1st...

assuming Jake is below both...

if we can somehow convince Joe Suckic to take Goldobin and Sutter it's the best case scenario lol  

1 minute ago, Noseforthenet said:

There is something very wrong with that organization. Someone there is poisoning either their locker room, or it has been an executive who has screwed up the culture. I would not touch any of their players until they start doing a bit better.

The whole Patrick Roy departure likely still has a lingering effect.....

Was a big personality,,,sure he had his supporters (including Duchene likely)

From 112 pts a couple yrs ago to this ...

18 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

Shouldn't a #1 centre consistently be at or around a ppg pace? His numbers have been trending in the wrong direction for a few years now. I agree that Duchene is a good player and has some skill, but I've yet to buy into him being a #1 centre. He has been on some bad teams, and could still improve, but he seems to be more of a 2C that could move up the lineup when needed.

Also on a crappy team playing with MacKinnon as a 1A 1B situation with terrible wingers on a terrible team.  Scoring 30 goals 2 years ago is not really trending down.  

6 hours ago, hockeygod77 said:

i would trade hutton erickson and give them subban or gauche..for duschene

If he were that cheap half the league would have easily matched that offer. Duchene isn't chopped liver. He's worth a lot more than I am willing to give up. They'd be asking for one of our top prospects (Pettersson or Juolevi), Hutton or Gudbranson and likely a first or second rounder.

37 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Benning kicks the tyres on everything.  That's his job.  Sakic wants the sun, the moon and the stars.  Benning doesn't have that.

He does, but Boeser isn't going anywhere

38 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

If he were that cheap half the league would have easily matched that offer. Duchene isn't chopped liver. He's worth a lot more than I am willing to give up. They'd be asking for one of our top prospects (Pettersson or Juolevi), Hutton or Gudbranson and likely a first or second rounder.

Agreed, I wouldn't give that up either

Archived