The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

canuck2xtreme

15 minutes ago, ActionJax09 said:

Not a good day for the Canucks today. Unless they can replace the leadership of 22 and 33 the are gonna have a huge gap in that sense. 

i guess both could have played 1-2 more years like a guy like joe thornton . both still have close to or over 50 scorerpoints this season.

there are not many players in this age they are able to bring up such numbers . 

they would have probably bee ngood mentors for upcoming youngsters ...pettersson maybe  

1 hour ago, ActionJax09 said:

Not a good day for the Canucks today. Unless they can replace the leadership of 22 and 33 the are gonna have a huge gap in that sense. 

I don't think there's any 'unless'.

You simply can't replace that level of leadership, commitment and conscientiousness. I've been laughing all season when people keep arguing about 'how to replace their 100 points'. Sorry, but that's the easy part! :lol:

The team still has some good, veteran leaders and no doubt youth will grow in to some of the vacuum they leave but you simply cannot replace two HOF's (and by all accounts, fabulous people, not just hockey players). 

We knew this day was coming, but it does feel maybe two years too soon. We fully understand Hank's decision to retire in the same year as his brother with whom he entered the league. We are happy to have him in our sweater eternally, as a GML Ranger but sad to see him go. In the end it is Henrik Sedin's decision and we support him 100% in it. What a great career, and to have him spend the latter part of it here in New York at Madison Square Garden is an honour the Rangers don't overlook.

Congrats on a career worthy of the not only the record books, and history books, but one no doubt TWO careers that will live in books to come. Great autobiographies await us, we hope, and third person narratives and I can only ask that some of those books make mention of the humanist side of these brothers, their giving ways and community enfranchisement. Henrik and his brother will be epic "players" in their communities for decades to come, I am proud to see him retire in our jersey.

2 minutes ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

@Squeak

i placed G Steve Mason on the Waivers with the intention to assign him to the Minors  some Weeks Ago  ....i guess he passed?

Then .... @canuck2xtreme   i recalled G Linus Ullmark 

this has been still not proceeded on my roster 

it`ll all be back dated to march 19th (the day you posted)

if you look in the bottom left hand corner of your spread sheet, you can see the date your sheet was last updated (for your own reference). I think after the trade deadline, everything went on hold to give MV a break ;)

2 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

@Squeak

i placed G Steve Mason on the Waivers with the intention to assign him to the Minors  some Weeks Ago  ....i guess he passed?

Then .... @canuck2xtreme   i recalled G Linus Ullmark 

this has been still not proceeded on my roster 

Any time I don’t post - it means they cleared. Life has been a little crazy for me recently :)

11 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Has Vegas and LA always been that close? 

No. In December, I was about 300 points clear of any wildcard spot, as I was the 3rd spot, comfortably, in the Atlantic. 3 awful months later with barely any goalie points (due to injury), Fantenberg sent to minors, and the Flames drying up, and here I am. In fact, when the points get adjusted, LA is actually in the final wildcard spot and I’m on the outside looking in.

Going to be a rough off-season as well. Have 7 guaranteed forwards signed next year, with 5 spots to fill :wacko:

At least my defensive future looks promising:

Ekholm

Mahura

Foote

Liljegren

Andersson

Zadorov

20 hours ago, Squeak said:

Any time I don’t post - it means they cleared. Life has been a little crazy for me recently :)

The Squeak Household will look something like Monty Python's "yorkshire" scene from the meaning of life....a stork drops yet another baby down the chimney as dad wanders home from work or pub..."Oh bloody 'ell" says dad as he steps into a household of about 100 children and a less than cheerful spouse who asks her oldest to "get that for me, Would you Deadry?" motioning towards the storks newest drop off as she washes dishes from the evening meal. 

Allright Folks:

The NHL.COM playoff BRACKETS challenge page is up and running and I have taken the liberty of creating a public league called :

CDC Fantasy Keeper League GM's Brackets 

There is a league I created called 

CDCGML with a password on it: gml2018

The gml private league is an option if you can find it, and will just be for us in this game, but I will post the public league above in every major league thread here in Fantasy Hockey on Canucks.com. Happy playing and if nothing else go out there and win some prizes..link to get started is here:

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com

Archived