canuck2xtreme

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

Congrats to Steven Fogarty for his NHL Debut and his 1st FTP´s  ..even it was 2 Pims.

He and Bartkowski ( 1 Assist Tonight) are not on the Pickup Roster but i m sure this will be fixed :)

Now we ll set our Focus on re-signings and the Draft in around 2 Month. an the draft lottery as well 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

Congrats to Steven Fogarty for his NHL Debut and his 1st FTP´s  ..even it was 2 Pims.

He and Bartkowski ( 1 Assist Tonight) are not on the Pickup Roster but i m sure this will be fixed :)

Now we ll set our Focus on re-signings and the Draft in around 2 Month. an the draft lottery as well 

My mistake Bomba, when I updated the chart I swapped Ullmark and Mason on pickup but forgot the other two moves.  I've added them now and you should see the points reflected in tomorrows final stats update.

14 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

2017-18 CDCGML Award Winners

Following up on yesterdays vote results, the following players have won end of season awards as a result of impressive regular seasons.

Art Ross Trophy - Connor McDavid (TB)
Rocket Richard Trophy - Alexander Ovechkin (NJ)
William M Jennings Trophy - Jonathan Quick (TOR)

The award points have been added to the database and should be reflected with tomorrows final update.

Congratulations all on a great season!

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

I am off to work, so any last minute updates needed for today, if any, will have to be processed by someone else as I won't be able to do any more updates until after the final stats are run.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, aGENT said:

By all means pm me with that (and your sig ideas) ;)

Congrats to all players (including our own Barzal) on their prestigious GML awards! (Though we're a bit baffled on how Vasilevskiy not only didn't win but didn't even rate runner up for Vezina...).

Congrats and much respect to both GM's RL. and Wilb. A stiff drink in both your honor tonight. 

Just so you know, Vasilevskiy was in a 4 way tie for 3rd runner up.  I just used the first name I saw on that list.  Besides, it's way easier to spell Fleury :P

Up until the start of March, it was probably his in a landslide. 

But the more I look at everything, the more I think that Connor Hellebuyck should get it.  It will probably be Rinne, but IMO Hellebuyck deserves it more.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

My mistake Bomba, when I updated the chart I swapped Ullmark and Mason on pickup but forgot the other two moves.  I've added them now and you should see the points reflected in tomorrows final stats update.

no problem and thank you sir 

Posted (edited)

ARZ.png.c0fe20bef3791fcfb1dd0fc0ab423813.png

2017-18 Arizona Coyotes playoff roster:

Ondrej Palat - Tyler Bozak - Yanni Gourde

Zach Parise - Cody Eakin - Craig Smith

Devante Smith-Pelly - Joonas Donskoi - Daniel Winnik

Ryan Callahan - Joel Eriksson Ek - Cedric Paquette

Andreas Johnsson - Markus Hannikainen

Reserves - Marko Dano, Dominik Simon, Erik Condra, Miro Aaltonen, Christoph Bertschy

Victor Hedman - Morgan Rielly

Ron Hainsey - Marc Eduard Vlasic

Brendan Dillon - Tim Heed

Andreas Borgman

Reserves - Calle Rosen, Erik Cernak

Louis Domingue

Pheonix Copley

Reserves - None

@canuck2xtreme

Edited by Squeak
  • Upvote 1

Well, a disappointing season in Montreal comes to an end tonight, but the disappointment has at least been replaced with some optimism for the future. Making the decision to sell early in the season has given the Habs plenty of young players and pieces to work with this summer, as our cupboards appear close to bursting for the first time in a while. 

High on the priority list for Montreal this summer will be attempting to re-sign Matt Duchene after picking him up at the deadline. There was plenty to like watching Hart Trophy winner Taylor Hall (congrats Taylor!) line up next to Duchene, so hopefully those two will see plenty of ice toghether going forward. On top of that, the RFA list has some big names to take care of, as Brett PesceMax Domi, JT CompherMatt Nieto and our potential goalie of the future, Ville Husso, among others, see their current contracts expire. 

The expectation is that Montreal's training camp roster will consist of basically the same players the season ended with, but with numerous youngsters ready to open the door and force their way into the lineup. 

Vegas Golden Knights

After a strong first half, the Golden Knights realized this wasn’t a sprint, suffered cramps, and limped across the finish line. 

We have one free agent, Evgeny Dadonov, who we are working at extending. Otherwise, free agency and trades will be the only way we can round out a semi competitive roster next year. Flush with cash, the Golden Knights will be a player in free agency.

As for the future, lots to be excited about in the years to come, mostly on defense.

Timothy Liljegren

Josh Mahura

Rasmus Andersson

Cal Foote

Goaltending is our next area of strength for prospects:

Adin Hill

Ilya Sorokin

Evan Fitzpatrick

Joseph Woll

Our forwards need the most work, as only Spencer Foo and Mathieu Joseph are our only players with some chance of making the NHL full time. 

As for the draft, have 8 picks to help beef up our roster, including two 1sts and two 2nds. Aside from what I hope to be a top 10 pick with my eyes on about 5 players, I’ve done little investigating on the rest. If you’re looking to add a pick(s) and need to move on from a player, particularly a forward, reach out.

That’s all I’ve got.

3 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Just so you know, Vasilevskiy was in a 4 way tie for 3rd runner up.  I just used the first name I saw on that list.  Besides, it's way easier to spell Fleury :P

Up until the start of March, it was probably his in a landslide. 

But the more I look at everything, the more I think that Connor Hellebuyck should get it.  It will probably be Rinne, but IMO Hellebuyck deserves it more.

Lol thanks, that's why I usually just write Vas :lol:

He was definitely overworked and fatigued in March but he seemed to have recovered and be back on track.

Oh well, he certainly won COL's mvp award and we expect will be in the running for Vezina again next year with hopefully the appropriate league recognition we feel he deserves B) 

And with any luck, a much better team in front of him. 

On 20/09/2017 at 4:58 PM, somethingvery said:

84a50d1f-3388-4c11-9606-5ed48fa1eb85.jpg

BLACKHAWKS PLAYOFF LINEUP

Forwards

Rantanen ▪ Matthews ▪ Backes

Kunitz ▪ Zajac ▪ Carpenter

Tanev ▪ Vermette  ▪ Leivo

Defense

Girardi ▪ Lovejoy

MacDermid

@canuck2xtreme

Kane - Turris - Laine

Silfverberg - Koivu - Nylander

Raffl - Filppula - Karlsson

Copp - Lowry - Rowney

Gersich

Peca 

Reserves: Roy, Gauthier, Dea, Robinson, Walker, Engvall

DeMelo - Ellis

Grzelcyk - Gudas 

Djoos - Ryan 

Hunwick

Reserve: Friedman 

Murray

Michalek

Congrats to Jonathan Quick on winning the Williams M Jennings trophy. 

Although the Leafs came up short of the playoffs in a stacked Eastern Conference we had fun since taking over late in the season. We feel that we have some of the right pieces in place right now and will hopefully be able to continue to be one of the top teams in the east and hopefully next year get into the playoffs. 

Good luck to everyone that is battling for the coveted CDCGML cup. 

• Hydration 1

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Following up on yesterdays vote results, the following players have won end of season awards as a result of impressive regular seasons.

Art Ross Trophy - Connor McDavid (TB)
Rocket Richard Trophy - Alexander Ovechkin (NJ)
William M Jennings Trophy - Jonathan Quick (TOR)

The award points have been added to the database and should be reflected with tomorrows final update.

Congratulations all on a great season!

The Devils would like to congratulate Alex Ovechkin on earning his now seventh Rocket Richard Trophy! :towel:

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

I am off to work, so any last minute updates needed for today, if any, will have to be processed by someone else as I won't be able to do any more updates until after the final stats are run.

Thanks boss! 

I can put any last minute changes in today in real time. Appreciated!

Posted (edited)

Rather than aire our dirty laundry in public the team will only officially say that We are more than excited about Thomas Vanek's play this year, and our first season with Semyon Varlamov has been decidedly a huge success, notwithstanding the injury, which appears to have completely healed as he is enjoying success on the ice even where the team itself did not. Several others showed us they have what it takes to make this team successful and we are still thrilled with our young guns who simply didn't make the Bigs this past year. 

In Short: watch out world, we are puttin on our big boy hockey pants and putting away the tbar sled. next year we will make those big strides we have been planning, albeit a year later than anticipated. We are totally stoked to be picking no less than 5th in the Draft as well, there are great players in those top five or six spots and we look forward to our Rookie Camp late summer where all of our young talent will be on display.

Have a great playoffs, those who made the cut and if I have to back a team this year I am going to break with my Underdog tradition and throw my "fandom" behind Squeak. It is really something to be in a neck and neck run for third overall in the league...and as we all know in THIS league the East is a Beast and therefore it is intensely great to be in that neck and neck race for 3rd overall and be a team from the West....and not any team from the west but a team from the west which sits 800 points ahead of any other western team and 20% higher in points than all but one other western team...I found this WILB award consideration worthy and while the opposite of an underdog, I will be cheering on Arizona for these playoffs. 

Just looked this up from April 1st 2017 for all your easy comparisons...The rangers have suffered our worst season in our history with me as GM. I must do better.  

Eastern Conference

Metropolitan : Atlantic

small.png 5348 : small.png 5330

small.png 5214 : small.png 5119

small.png 4834 : small.png 4879

WILD CARD RACE:

small.png 4837

small.png 4546

---------------

small.png 4376

small.png 4237

small.png 4124

small.png 3791

small.png 3718

small.png 3528

small.png 3526

Western Conference

Central : Pacific

small.png 4693 : small.png 4508

small.png 4672 : small.png 4329

small.png 3969 : small.png 4292

WILD CARD RACE:

small.png 4245

small.png 3963

---------------

small.png 3940

small.png 3900

small.png 3637

small.png 3598                                       

small.png 3538

small.png 3198                                       

small.png 3138

EDIT: Big Time congrats to RL on a deserved WILB Memorial GM of the year award...I somehow missed your accomplishment until C2X announced the winner and now seeing this list from last year compared to this year...in the EAST no less...very well done sir! 

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Pittsburgh Penguins Playoff Roster

Neal Stamkos Forsberg

Debrusk Johnson Donato

Gionta Eller Connolly

Coleman Weal Nash

Plekanec Kossila 

Subban Myers

Schmidt Morrow 

Webber Poolman

Koekkoek

Edited by ActionJax09

Attention:

I will post the final standings and the playoff match-ups first thing on Monday morning.

Ty Webb

Columbus Blue Jackets - Playoff Roster

LW                                     C                             RW

Rick Nash               Paul Stastny                     TJ Oshie  (A)

Tom Wilson             William Karlsson               Bryan Rust

Pierre-Luc Dubois    TJ Miller                           Brandon Dubinsky (A)

Josh Jooris              Riley Sheahan                  Jimmy Hayes

Noah Rod                Frederick Gaudreau                                               

LD                                                  RD           

David Savard                        Ryan Murray 

Justin Schultz                      Justin Braun (C)     

Braydon Coburn                  John Moore 

Nick Holden

G

Marc-Andre Fleury

Petr Mrazek

Reserves: Julius Bergman

• Hydration 1

7 minutes ago, Ty Webb said:

Attention:

I will post the final standings and the playoff match-ups first thing on Monday morning.

Ty Webb

Hats off to you @Ty Webb for your time posting the standings this year. Much appreciated.

There is some bonus points and the stats from today to update on pickup and that's about it.

• Upvote 1