The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

canuck2xtreme

48 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Ahhh there we go.  I'm looking at old numbers I haven't done any updates yet.

Keep in mind the investment must be in place before the players are signed to their ELC to qualify for the slide rule.  So the players you listed above won't be slide eligible but ELC contracts signed after the budget change will be.

Aaaah. So I assume I also might have 'elligible' players but if I traded for them for example...

56 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Aaaah. So I assume I also might have 'elligible' players but if I traded for them for example...

example - i should`ve had it last year for yamamoto... its mostly for the guys you are about to draft. 

If you think your first or second round pick might play this year, get the slide.

2 minutes ago, greensman said:

example - i should`ve had it last year for yamamoto... its mostly for the guys you are about to draft. 

If you think your first or second round pick might play this year, get the slide.

Also good for players who are right on the cusp.  For example, I have a one year slide right now, and Owen Tippett only played 9 games.  So he was eligible to slide, and now I still have 3 years left on his entry level deal.  Same thing with Brendan Lemieux.  It's a good way to retain young players a bit longer when they're just trying to hold onto a roster spot.

On 2017-09-19 at 10:14 PM, canuck2xtreme said:

Dates To Remember

Deadline to sign 2016 draft selections - June 15, 2018 11:00pm Pacific Time

2018 CDCGML Entry Draft - June 16th, 2018 at 4pm PST.

Summer Buy-out Window - June 17th - June 24th @ 11:59pm Pacific Time (must be waived prior to June 23rd at 11:59pm)

Deadline to file for Arbitration - June 25, 2018 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time

Deadline to qualify/sign pending RFAs - June 27, 2018 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time

Deadline to sign pending UFAs - June 27, 2018 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time

Initial Offer Phase of Free Agency - July 1, 2018

Free Agency Negotiations Open - July 5, 2018

Qualifying Offers Expire - July 31, 2018 @ 11:59pm Pacific Time

Regular Buyout window - September 23-30, 2018

Figured I would push this forward for anyone else's amusement. I was looking at the qualifying deadline for RFA's. 

1 hour ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Anaheim Ducks have made a trade with the Montreal Canadiens.

To ANA:
small.png Boo Nieves

To MTL:
small.png ANA 2018 4th Round Draft Selection (110th overall)
small.png ANA 2019 4th Round Draft Selection

26 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Columbus Blue Jackets have made a trade with the Montreal Canadiens.

To CBJ:
small.png Steve Santini

To MTL:
small.png NYR 2018 3rd Round Draft Selection (64th overall)
small.png ANA 2018 3rd Round Draft Selection (79th overall)

We wish Boo and Steve well in Anaheim and Columbus, respectively, and we'd like to thank @AndreLePlum and @Ty Webb for the quick and fruitful trade talks. We have flipped our plan in recent months, deciding to go for it, which means spending lots of money. As such, some cap-related moves needed to be made, and bringing in these four late picks will help us continue to stock our shelves with hopefully a gem or two in the later rounds who can be on ELC's for the next few years.

With this move, the 50th pick is now on the block. A bottom-6 forward or bottom-pair d-man on a playoff-bound team would certainly get the ball rolling in discussions...

5 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Colorado Avalanche have made a trade with the Dallas Stars.

To COL:
small.png Jason Robertson

To DAL:
small.png Sean Day
small.png Noah Gregor
small.png Jalen Chatfield

Thrilled to bring the name sake home! :towel:

Tough letting go of some solid prospects in Sean, Noah and Jalen but we needed to clear the decks a bit on the Springs as we expect to have a pretty big wave coming in shortly. And we gain a nice potential power forward in Jason that we expect will be pushing for a spot soon.

Thanks as always to GM @theminister for the pleasant negotiation. Take good care of our boys ;)

10 hours ago, Bombastik der Teutone said:

pretty sad to see Mike Hoffman involved in such a dirty story ....hope this will have no impact on his career :(

and welcome @Dak Prescott

i think you can bank on a trade and a bad reputation for a while. 

if ottawa`s really upset, he could be headed to somewhere mean.

The Red Wings are still active on the trade market, hoping to swing a couple of deals before the draft this Saturday. Teams looking to acquire young top 6 talent should definitely get in touch.

Archived