LD                                                  RD           

Seth Helgeson                       Ollie Juolevi

Brendan Guhle                      Robbie Russo

Dennis Cholowski                 Julius Bergman

Parker Wotherspoon                 

G

Ilya Samsonov

Scott Wedgewood

I am a total penny pincher when it comes to services and apparel....but i blow money like a madman on a day to day living basis: my philosophy is that every day could be a good day just like an all inclusive resort, if you choose to live that way...and simply skip the once a year all inclusive resort....may not appeal to many people but i eat out more than any human being i know....buy what i want when i want and manage to balance the budget on top of that....

.....so why am i telling you this? It comes around to the 650 question. I tell SeriusXM every year that I think their service is worth about 6 to 8 dollars a month and if they can dial it into that price range including taxes I will continue to buy it. If they can't I will give it up and go back to AM/FM radio. 

So far they have let me renew 3 years in a row at under 80 dollars a year. If they keep it up I may have to listen to the NHL Radio on SeriusXM for ever, and since I am paying for it, I tend to listen to it over free versions. 

Having said that, I will make a point of tuning into am 650 for the next few weeks and see how you guys are rolling.....once podcasts come out I will certainly listen then, on account of I only have SeriusXM for my commute to work and back. 

So long winded as usual, glad i am back to feeling normal. lol

.....and i have to add that just when i was happy with forward progress of the Rangers...i read Ty's depth chart above...sigh. I have work to do still. 

27 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I am a total penny pincher when it comes to services and apparel....but i blow money like a madman on a day to day living basis: my philosophy is that every day could be a good day just like an all inclusive resort, if you choose to live that way...and simply skip the once a year all inclusive resort....may not appeal to many people but i eat out more than any human being i know....buy what i want when i want and manage to balance the budget on top of that....

.....so why am i telling you this? It comes around to the 650 question. I tell SeriusXM every year that I think their service is worth about 6 to 8 dollars a month and if they can dial it into that price range including taxes I will continue to buy it. If they can't I will give it up and go back to AM/FM radio. 

So far they have let me renew 3 years in a row at under 80 dollars a year. If they keep it up I may have to listen to the NHL Radio on SeriusXM for ever, and since I am paying for it, I tend to listen to it over free versions. 

Having said that, I will make a point of tuning into am 650 for the next few weeks and see how you guys are rolling.....once podcasts come out I will certainly listen then, on account of I only have SeriusXM for my commute to work and back. 

So long winded as usual, glad i am back to feeling normal. lol

.....and i have to add that just when i was happy with forward progress of the Rangers...i read Ty's depth chart above...sigh. I have work to do still. 

I've been curious about the reception on the Island, how clear it is in different places.

17 minutes ago, theminister said:

I've been curious about the reception on the Island, how clear it is in different places.

I am your test monkey then...i live in Sooke and commute to Langford 5 days a week and to downtown Vic inner harbour once a weekend for drinks on a patio somewhere and a spot of supper. We "enjoy" several blackout locations for AM 1040 and 1070 and some spots where reception is just plain bad....you have a much lower freq which lends to longer distance of travel without as bad a garble/white noise (yeah i am a pro when it comes to communications) so I will give it a listen this afternoon, I am heading to my barber and then for a nice cob salad somewhere, will let you know

"Most AM radio stations are required to reduce their power or cease operating at night in order to avoid interference to other AM stations. Rules governing the daytime and nighttime operation of AM radio stations are a consequence of the laws of physics.  Because of the way in which the relatively long wavelengths of AM radio signals interact with the ionized layers of the ionosphere miles above the earth's surface, the propagation of AM radio waves changes drastically from daytime to nighttime.  This change in AM radio propagation occurs at sunset due to radical shifts in the ionospheric layers, which persist throughout the night.  During daytime hours when ionospheric reflection does not occur to any great degree, AM signals travel principally by conduction over the surface of the earth.  This is known as "groundwave" propagation.  Useful daytime AM service is generally limited to a radius of no more than about 100 miles (162 km), even for the most powerful stations. However, during nighttime hours the AM signals can travel over hundreds of miles by reflection from the ionosphere, a phenomenon called "skywave" propagation...."

or as I call "skip". You can get beautiful Japanese Radio here in Sooke BC simply due to night time SKIP imagine the groundwave is now a ball and it bounces from water to ionosphere to water to iono....you get the idea...till it reaches us here in sooke, but it is so specific that you can't hear it in east Victoria only 30km's away as it has bounced up to the Ionosphere again by then. Nean eh?

I used google maps to find out I am exactly 110 km's from the Canucks Arena (dunno where your tx site is at in Van) so I am very curious to know how well i will read you....off i go...shave and a haircut, twenty bucks.....back later folks. 

28 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I am your test monkey then...i live in Sooke and commute to Langford 5 days a week and to downtown Vic inner harbour once a weekend for drinks on a patio somewhere and a spot of supper. We "enjoy" several blackout locations for AM 1040 and 1070 and some spots where reception is just plain bad....you have a much lower freq which lends to longer distance of travel without as bad a garble/white noise (yeah i am a pro when it comes to communications) so I will give it a listen this afternoon, I am heading to my barber and then for a nice cob salad somewhere, will let you know

I used google maps to find out I am exactly 110 km's from the Canucks Arena (dunno where your tx site is at in Van) so I am very curious to know how well i will read you....off i go...shave and a haircut, twenty bucks.....back later folks. 

Richmond. 

5 hours ago, Primal Optimist said:

So far Sooke has really bad reception... If you have heard the army phrase " read you five by five " then sooke is a 2 by 1.. But victoria proper is up to a 4x 4

Hoping to join you on the island in a couple years Primal. With any luck, I'll be able to tell TM how reception is from Cowichan valley area ::D

On a GM/preseason note, I'm happy to see my initial impression on Chatfield when I signed him a few months ago, seems to be well founded.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Hoping to join you on the island in a couple years Primal. With any luck, I'll be able to tell TM how reception is from Cowichan valley area ::D

On a GM/preseason note, I'm happy to see my initial impression on Chatfield when I signed him a few months ago, seems to be well founded.

hehe, I am from the Valley, born and raised. 

The Vancouver Canucks are looking to make one final trade before the season begins. Names potentially available include:

Justin Abdelkader

Tomas Tatar

Josh Anderson

Anton Rodin

Andy Welinski

Archived