VegasCanuck

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Flames Sept. 20th 6:00pm

Rate this topic

Looking for a better game from Ollie and for Boeser and Virtanen to continue their strong play.

5 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I'd gladly have either tkachuk on this team.

Can see their style being an issue for the league if they played in Vancouver.

Suspension magnets. Even more so in the blue and green

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

Legit possibility.

• Upvote 1

I'm watching Cull, to make sure he sets the tone for how we play. I don't want to see no lolly gagging around the ice. Everyone should be fighting for a spot, 

He's got to light a fire under their butts. We looked tentative last game. When its the young guys that should be  bringing the mustard.

Good fore check, clean passing and going for the net with purpose.

If its a PK game, get everyone's feet moving and kill those damn penalties.

• Upvote 1

Good on the Flames management for icing a lineup that is at least close to the level of ours...There are some legit NHL'ers on their team Backlund,Versteeg,Brouwer...If the Flames had iced some of their main vets,it would be a slaughter.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Has Tkachuk had a suspention?

1 minute ago, ice orca said:

Has Tkachuk had a suspention?

Really not sure. But he'd have had at least 6 if he played for Van.

Wha-wha, boohoohoo - the league hates us

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Here's hoping. Demko's games this fall have ranked from okay to pretty damn bad; so it would be awesome to see him stand on his head tonight and hold down the fort all game.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Qwags said:

Did Rodin get any training in the offseason, or did he spend it recovering?

I believe he was finally able to get an off season of training in, but he's only played a handful of games in the last season and a half.  It's going to take awhile for his brain to catch up and start processing at game speed.  Even at that, he was one of the few noticeable players against LV

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I sure hope not. He's already committed to college and I'd wager a lot of dough he's already planning on college free agency. 

That seems highly doubtful. He is looking like a high end prospect and especially one who will be NHL ready fairly early similar to his brother. I will be shocked if he does 4 years of college. I would not even be surprised if he is in the NHL in his draft + 1 year, at age 17 he already has the frame to play in the NHL. College free agency is only worth it for guys who know they won't have a shot at making the lineup of the team that drafted them for some time. That really isn't the case with the younger Tkachuk. At most I expect he will do 1 year in college. 

Another big motivation for those that do all 4 years is obtaining a degree. I have my doubts that the Tkachuk boys were ever interested in that. The older one went the junior route and decided to forego college altogether. 

10 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Here's hoping. Demko's games this fall have ranked from okay to pretty damn bad; so it would be awesome to see him stand on his head tonight and hold down the fort all game.

Demko is the absolute last guy I have any worries about.

• Upvote 3

Should be a entertaining tilt. Both teams with players hungry to make a statement on making the opening night roster. I'm most excited on seeing Jake and Boeser continuing their fine play and Goldy and Rodin bouncing back after their poor outings last game as well as watching Juolevi, Holm, Chatfield and the D core rebounding also. Can't wait for this cracker of a matchup to get going!

Edited by Beary Sweet
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Canadian Clay said:

Anyone know if Dahlen is in tonight?

No chance.

He mighty not even get in this preseason, which is a bummer ‘cause he’s arguably the guy I’m most excited about seeing in action.

10 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Demko is a streaky guy. He should be better in a full game vs knowing he’s only got 30 mins. He tends to get in a groove and lock it down.

Lets just remember this is a pre-season game.Both teams more or less know what they have as far as the main stays go. 

One advantage Vancouver has is the fact they'll get a good look at their young players playing against a higher talent level while the big club is in China. 

This could prove to be huge for the players that don't make the big club this season. They'll be moving on to their respective clubs with something to work on this season. 

No one should be board playing in  their respective leagues this winter.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I believe he was finally able to get an off season of training in, but he's only played a handful of games in the last season and a half.  It's going to take awhile for his brain to catch up and start processing at game speed.  Even at that, he was one of the few noticeable players against LV

I have high hopes for this guy. I'm glad Vancouver didn't give up on him.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kungfudru said:

That little brat is a pretty good hockey player. You wouldn't be calling him that if we had selected him. I'd rather have that little brat on our team actually but that's another discussion in itself. I'm very happy that JV is coming around and that BB is a beast. Those are the only two that get me a little excited in that dreadful lineup. Go Canucks 

Nah I'd still say he's a brat. There are plenty of Canucks whose personalities I didn't like. 

• Upvote 1