VegasCanuck

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Flames Sept. 20th 6:00pm

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Should be a good game but why oh why don't they split up Subban and Holm already!!!  

Chemistry man.  They both flunked and now have to do the remedial course.:lol:

• Upvote 3

Looks like the game starts on Sportsnet 360 and then when the Jays are over will move to the regular Sportsnets.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Can't wait for the baseball season to end.

Yeah but S-net will carry over any Leaf game and discussion well into the 1st period of Canuck games.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Yeah but S-net will carry over any Leaf game and discussion well into the 1st period of Canuck games.

We need our own sports channel..... oh wait we got SNPac. :rolleyes:

Calling a great game from Virtanen, Goldy and Juolevi

• Upvote 1

Not a single NHL'er out there for  the Canucks..I thought we wanted to insulate our youth?  Anyways, should be fun to watch the kids play I just don't think this one is going to go so well but I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

I pretty much lost all respect for daddy when he pulled what he did on the Jets, expediting their flight out of Winnipeg, then had the gall to demand renegotiation of his contract later on after having it completely front-loaded in the first place.

KT..the arrogant(interminable interviews..live/print) a**hole who made a great show of burning a 100$ bill in a Winterpeg bar?(read that in a Hockey News article..& the cocky pr*ck tried to explain it away)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

If Rodin doesn't get on the scoresheet tonight, then I don't know what to think about him. Playing on a line with Boeser, he should be in on a lot of plays and should pick up some points. We'll see. He needs to start making the best of every shift he takes.

EDIT: My mistake, I meant Goldobin playing with Boeser. Similarly though, Rodin needs to impress tonight, as he's done nothing so far.

He's had one game so far this season after almost 2 years of injuries off and on.  Last year he lit it up in the preseason.  But sure, lets judge based on one game where the whole team crapped the bed.  The fact that Boeser and Virtanen looked good in the last game was amazing given the backdrop they were playing in.  I'm not confident that the team will be any better this game as it's still pretty much an OHL/AHL/ECHL roster up against an NHL/AHL roster with a few OHL players sprinkled in.  I'd give Rodin time to get back into it before judging.  The line he's playing with tonight isn't awful, but it might not be up to the opposition depending on who they are matched up against.

3 hours ago, apollo said:

Honestly I think it would be hilarious if he makes the starting roster... I'd love to see the reaction here on CDC :lol:

The reaction alone would be hilarious. 

Could be if we start to spell him as Magma, he'll really heat up? Ya gotta' lava' team with Magma!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Am I missing something with Rodin? He hasn't looked very good, almost invisible. He'll be 27 in a couple of months, so how long do the Canucks take to evaluate if he's ready or not? Is it possible he's just not good enough for the NHL? I don't see amazing skill. I see a guy who looks lost and overwhelmed. I would love to see a big game from him tonight, may change my opinion.

Dude's got the 6,000,000 dollar, bionic knee(they could rebuild it!)..will folks have some patience for my darkhorse?!

7 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Could be if we start to spell him as Magma, he'll really heat up? Ya gotta' lava' team with Magma!

It would fit the temperature of most of the CDC's mood if it was to happen.....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

It would fit the temperature of most of the CDC's mood if it was to happen.....

Parted with all my plusses sp007..but watch the Magma flow!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

Parted with all my plusses sp007..but watch the Magma flow!

:P

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

It's been over for months in Toronto....

;)

Careful, u might trigger a certain troll.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

Game televised, help a lazy man out 

Sportsnet 360

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Toews said:

That seems highly doubtful. He is looking like a high end prospect and especially one who will be NHL ready fairly early similar to his brother. I will be shocked if he does 4 years of college. I would not even be surprised if he is in the NHL in his draft + 1 year, at age 17 he already has the frame to play in the NHL. College free agency is only worth it for guys who know they won't have a shot at making the lineup of the team that drafted them for some time. That really isn't the case with the younger Tkachuk. At most I expect he will do 1 year in college. 

Another big motivation for those that do all 4 years is obtaining a degree. I have my doubts that the Tkachuk boys were ever interested in that. The older one went the junior route and decided to forego college altogether. 

all depends on who drafts him imo. If its somewhere he doesn't want to be, why not? He'll only be 22 and free to go to a contender. If he signs with his draft team its a lot harder to move on. He's already committed to Boston U.

The Lames cut 21 yesterday, looks like they want to bully the preseason.

Looking forward to seeing the youngsters again.  I want Goldobin to pick it up tonight.