The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Kings Sept. 21st 4:30AM (Red Eye Edition)

VegasCanuck

Game Results  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, The Big Luongo said:

Plenty of garbage calls but if Sedin buries the puck like he's supoosed to there is no penalty call there.

Canucks had their chances and played quite well but top players need to fix this lack of finish and parade to the box.

I see you've made it back to CDC from Calgary Puck, How was the trip?

Hard to call this an NHL game - too many penalties and no real flow but Canucks look fine - this doesn't look like a 29th place team to me.   With some puck luck, some normal officiating and a month of actual practice for their powerplay they seem to be a fair bit ahead of last year which I am sure isn't good news for tank nation.   Not sure this is a playoff team (sorry Henrik), but this team will be more competitive and when you sprinkle in a few of the younger players still in North America there seems to be decent competition night in/out for roster spots which was certainly not the case last season very often (if at all).

Just now, ReggieBush said:

I see you've made it back to CDC from Calgary Puck, How was the trip?

Haha you're a clown.

I see as usual once anyone criticizes your blind love of the Sedins and Edler for the usual lacklustre non winning play you come out of the woodwork ready to cry and defend them lol

Take a hike

When the powerplay goes 1 for infinity, there is no hope.  Seriously it looked brutal.  Could barely gain the zone,

The worst thing and most eye opening thing is how bad it was considering it is Olympic sized ice.  If you can't get in and set up on this big ice surface and keep away from the defenders.  There is NO hope for the regular season PP units.

6 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

I am really feeling this whole waking up to watching hockey thing. Would prefer a different result though.

Results in exhibition games are no different than practice before entering a true on-line multi-player game......you are not necessarily trying to win as much as figure out some things to help you win in the real games that count.   It never hurts to win, but take last night with the kids for example - nice they won but that game was a success for them even if they had lost 6-5 given how they responded after that Vegas game and how they dominated face-offs and met every attempt of Calgary to gain momentum.   

Exhibition hockey is kinda like taking your best friend's sister to a party.   It can still be fun but it really means nothing....

3 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Hard to call this an NHL game - too many penalties and no real flow but Canucks look fine - this doesn't look like a 29th place team to me.   With some puck luck, some normal officiating and a month of actual practice for their powerplay they seem to be a fair bit ahead of last year which I am sure isn't good news for tank nation.   Not sure this is a playoff team (sorry Henrik), but this team will be more competitive and when you sprinkle in a few of the younger players still in North America there seems to be decent competition night in/out for roster spots which was certainly not the case last season very often (if at all).

Markstrom needs to be a bit sharper for that to happen but its possible. I think at some point this team could be in contention for a wildcard? really hard to say with about 90 seconds of 5 on 5 hockey. 

10 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Plenty of garbage calls but if Sedin buries the puck like he's supoosed to there is no penalty call there.

Canucks had their chances and played quite well but top players need to fix this lack of finish and parade to the box.

This is the first game for a lot of the players and so "burying chances" may be a tad rusty don't you think?   I thought the team looked fairly cohesive actually - always things to work on but this didn't look like a 29th place team at all.

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Just wait till some injuries hit. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Markstrom needs to be a bit sharper for that to happen but its possible. I think at some point this team could be in contention for a wildcard? really hard to say with about 90 seconds of 5 on 5 hockey. 

Markstrom looked like he wasn't seeing the pucks early enough....I was wondering how the sight lines were for him.   As a taller guy myself, some rinks had a really bad contract between the boards (Bright) and the stands (Dark) that drove me nuts and made some shots really hard to pick up - particularly dump ins and point shots.    Not saying at all that such was happening but he didn't look "set" a number of times to me.

3 minutes ago, danjr said:

When the powerplay goes 1 for infinity, there is no hope.  Seriously it looked brutal.  Could barely gain the zone,

The worst thing and most eye opening thing is how bad it was considering it is Olympic sized ice.  If you can't get in and set up on this big ice surface and keep away from the defenders.  There is NO hope for the regular season PP units.

It's September 21st.

1 minute ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Just wait till some injuries hit. 

Every team will have them - that is why all the threads about "Canucks have too many forwards!" "How do we have room for (fill in the blank)" make me grin a bit as if you have NHL skills, your likelihood of playing NHL games for the Canucks this year is pretty good I would expect.   Last year, they had to ice a number of players not quite at the "NHL skill" level and this year it seems they have a better chance to avoid that.

Archived