The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Kings Sept. 21st 4:30AM (Red Eye Edition)

VegasCanuck

Game Results  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This is the first game for a lot of the players and so "burying chances" may be a tad rusty don't you think?   I thought the team looked fairly cohesive actually - always things to work on but this didn't look like a 29th place team at all.

Oh I agree don't get me wrong I thought there was some great looks and scoring chances generated and the team generated quite a few was just frustrating to see some of the lack of execution and finish by the top players which unfortunately killed the team last season.

Truth is if Boeser gets those same chances this is a much different game.

Clean up and throw in some better play on the breakdowns the the Kings capitalized on this is likely a much better outcome.

9 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Haha you're a clown.

I see as usual once anyone criticizes your blind love of the Sedins and Edler for the usual lacklustre non winning play you come out of the woodwork ready to cry and defend them lol

Take a hike

051e10076c9ae5f961d056b33931436a843a6c-v

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Every team will have them - that is why all the threads about "Canucks have too many forwards!" "How do we have room for (fill in the blank)" make me grin a bit as if you have NHL skills, your likelihood of playing NHL games for the Canucks this year is pretty good I would expect.   Last year, they had to ice a number of players not quite at the "NHL skill" level and this year it seems they have a better chance to avoid that.

Canucks seems to get more lately. it's what has hurt us the most in 3 of the last 4 years, we do fine up until Jan, age gets the best of us and we drop like a rock.  That depth wont make it very long as lots of it will be getting claimed or traded, especial with the kids making as strong of case to make this team right out of the gate.  

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Canucks seems to get more lately. it's what has hurt us the most in 3 of the last 4 years, we do fine up until Jan, age gets the best of us and we drop like a rock.  That depth wont make it very long as lots of it will be getting claimed or traded, especial with the kids making as strong of case to make this team right out of the gate.  

I think the extra travel must be part of it but in my own experience, teams with more depth have fewer injuries - that is only empirical but for some strange reason it is what I have experienced.   Not sure if there is hockey karma at work on such or perhaps guys hide their nicks and bruises a bit better when they know someone is waiting in the wings who may do equally well or better.

Only listened to parts of the game on the radio, but not worrying too much yet.  Preseason, kind of like "practice".  Remember other preseasons when the vets who are a lock for the regular season lineup aren't going full bore, just working on getting their legs back and not getting injured.  Gives the coaching staff a chance to work on line combinations, special teams configurations, but really doesn't matter whether we win or lose the games.  Not even a need for a "moral victory".   Few of the "bubble" players should be busting their humps though :)  Hopefully Nilsson gets the next game so we can see what we have with him. 

Just now, The Big Luongo said:

Dude if you can't figure it out yes I get pissed off when a guy who's been as annoying as they come in the past accuses me of being a flames fan a team I despise because I critique the poor play of Sedins and Edler?

Lol come guys use your heads

You seemed to make a pretty angry response to the guy who seemed to be making a joke - just seemed pretty angry to me.   Besides, thought Will Ferrell would give you a grin but guess not.   Apologies for trying to make it "lighter".   

I thought Sedins didn't look great too, for the record, but Edler wasn't too bad.   Hard to really judge when there was so little flow to the game.

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Markstrom looked like he wasn't seeing the pucks early enough....I was wondering how the sight lines were for him.   As a taller guy myself, some rinks had a really bad contract between the boards (Bright) and the stands (Dark) that drove me nuts and made some shots really hard to pick up - particularly dump ins and point shots.    Not saying at all that such was happening but he didn't look "set" a number of times to me.

could be the time change too. 

I see the Loui Eriksson hate train has left the station again.... its still pre-season :picard:  I thought he played fairly well with two guys he's never played with before and let Burmy get some nice shots away, had some good chances with Bo but for some reason thats not good enough? I don't get it. 

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Markstrom needs to be a bit sharper for that to happen but its possible. I think at some point this team could be in contention for a wildcard? really hard to say with about 90 seconds of 5 on 5 hockey. 

Goaltending will be one of the few question marks heading into regular season. If he and Nilsson can provide stellar goaltending then there may be a chance. 

Give full marks to the Kings....thought they looked awesome.

The leaders of that team despised Sutter by the end of his time there, and he had lost the respect of the team.

A happy, hungry team with Quick,Doughty ...Kopitar and Carter up front and some great young players could take a run at a 3rd cup.

Thought the Canucks looked better than most in here...even the PP showed promise.

Funny to me how the announcers kept saying how furious Green would be with the cross ice PP passes...thats one of Newell Browns PP staples.

Players were just doing what they've been taught...

Kida sux the first look at new PP was vs Kings....thought they had a very good aggressive PK

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Goaltending will be one of the few question marks heading into regular season. If he and Nilsson can provide stellar goaltending then there may be a chance. 

yup thats the big question mark this year imo. i think we'll score more and be more competitive, but can Marky improve? I think he can. When you look at his career numbers there's a good goalie there. 

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

You seemed to make a pretty angry response to the guy who seemed to be making a joke - just seemed pretty angry to me.   Besides, thought Will Ferrell would give you a grin but guess not.   Apologies for trying to make it "lighter".   

I thought Sedins didn't look great too, for the record, but Edler wasn't too bad.   Hard to really judge when there was so little flow to the game.

Lol no worries bud just an on going thing with this clown. This reggiebush guy is all over me has a mad hate on if I even marginally call out the Sedins or Edler for their frustrating losing play.

He's called me a flames fan in the past and I can't lie it really pisses me off as you can see lol

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup thats the big question mark this year imo. i think we'll score more and be more competitive, but can Marky improve? I think he can. When you look at his career numbers there's a good goalie there. 

Good to see some common sense here I agree.

The Kings just did a far better job of making the most of their opportunities I have full faith Markstrom will provide this team with high end goaltending giving them the chance they need to win most nights.

Not as sure about Nilsson but got a good feeling he'll be reasonably strong too.

Archived