The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Kings Sept. 21st 4:30AM (Red Eye Edition)

VegasCanuck

Game Results  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Thanks bud, your common sense and eye for the game like a few others is why I visit this message board from time to time.

Appreciated. Likewise. Although I come for the common sense and gametalk, but I stay for the gifs.

55 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Really hoping the Sedins and Edler can turn their diminishing play and game losing habits around and help the team more most nights but even if they can break even and not hurt the team I feel the injection of a real gem we have in Boeser, a real beauty in Virtanen, the newly acquired players I think Benning did a great job in acquiring and get good goaltending out if Markstrom and Nilsson this team will push very hard for a playoff spot.

So do I. They've been with the team for so long it would be nice to see them go out playing a decent game, and inspiring the kids. None of the three can or should be looked at as game changers anymore, as both Sedins have said as much. Edler is Edler, and has for all intents and purposes, helped Stetcher's game along considerably.

Boeser and Virtanen are the real deal for sure, and should prove Benning right in his unbelievably shrewd drafting. His signings this summer were smart, although I'm still not totally sold on Vanek. Time will tell. Del Zotto will prove to be the best of the bunch though, as I think that he and Gudbranson will form a great defensive paring.

Peace out.

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

well theyre certainly not going to waive guys they just signed, so either people get on board and be patient or find another team or sport to watch.  

no they won't waive guys they just signed- or I don't think they will

There is no problem with my being patient  but I am not the one paying the ticket prices - I very rarely miss a game on TV

It is going to be interesting to see what sort of roster gets put together in the next 2 weeks. That being said Jim Benning does not seem to be afraid to make moves if he has too-

25 minutes ago, J.R. said:

That could work too. Especially as I'd really like to get Horvat/Baer split :lol:

Sedin, Sedin, Granlund

Eriksson, Horvat, Boeser

Baer, Gagner, Vanek

Burmistrov, Sutter, Virt/Dors

Rodin (Condtioning stint?)

Gaunce (IR)

for me, it's still tis to start

Sedin Sedin Granny

Baer Bo Rodin

Eriksson Sutter Vanek

Burmistrov Gagne Upshall

Dorsett

Gaunce in when he is healthy

1 hour ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Alright now that I have ranted a bit....I can see a way out....

We have a bunch of kids ready or almost ready in Boeser, Virtanen,  Goldobin, MacEwen, McEneny, Chatfield and Dahlen...as well as Rodin...

Throw half those guys on to the team and cut the culls right away, then get the other half into the lineup during the season.

It's time to cut some bodies loose and we know who they are...It's not just one pre-season game....it's one pre-season game that looks just like all of last year....

It's extreme RDF..& somewhat agree with the sentiment. But then if injuries strike & it starts goin off the rails, some of these kids could fall pretty low.

The vets are our final yr of tank-guarantee, is how it might play out.

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its roles. On the national team Edler isn't expected to be a 1/2 D. On Boston and Dallas, Loui was a top 6 winger. On the Canucks Edler is supposed to be our 1D when he's really now a 3/4, and Loui Eriksson is on a checking line. I think its as simple as that. 

Eeesh not you too :rolleyes: He's a #2D trending to a #3 as he ages. Not his fault he's overtaxed due to a lack of organizational quality at D and until this year, depth.

44 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Edler  I agree should be given less responsibility.

Easier said than done. If you don't have any #1D to replace his minutes... This year we (at least starting) have better depth. We basically have three 2nd pairs and far more NHL ready call ups when injuries hit. Hopefully that keeps his minutes and situational play more in his comfort zone and he can play within something closer to his game.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wait... you mean i'm not always right on everything I post???

giphy.gif

See above.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

for me, it's still tis to start

Sedin Sedin Granny

Baer Bo Rodin

Eriksson Sutter Vanek

Burmistrov Gagne Upshall

Dorsett

Gaunce in when he is healthy

I still want to see Boes do it against closer to NHL caliber teams, further in to the preseason. But if he can keep this up in those games, he may not be denied a spot.

Virtanen is pushing the issue as well.

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I still want to see Boes do it against closer to NHL caliber teams, further in to the preseason. But if he can keep this up in those games, he may not be denied a spot.

Virtanen is pushing the issue as well.

Exactly.... +1

It's a speed-game now.. Vanek, Eriksson, Gagner, Daniel, Henrik & Boucher. I think even Baer & Granlund aren't so fleet, are they? Drop Boeser in with too many turtles, & he won't get that shot off(he'd be keyed on) nearly enough.

Are we going to test Einstein's insanity-theory all year? Howz'bout spreading out the faster skaters? Or..just post a roster of turtles, & ask Green to do one yr of General Rommel in the f***in desert(tank commander-extraordinaire) ?

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Also I didnt like Gagne with the twins, would much prefer:

Sedin Sedin Granlund

Eriksson Burm Boeser ( @Ghostsof1915;) )

Baer Bo Gagne

Dorsett Sutter Virtanen

Rodin

Also, change the PP1 personnel asap.  

Wow, I didn't know you took my comments on Boeser personally. Sorry Silly Goose, you are usually the voice of reason, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

It's all good.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wow, I didn't know you took my comments on Boeser personally. Sorry Silly Goose, you are usually the voice of reason, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

It's all good.

lmao no man I'm just letting you know Boeser is really starting to win me over.  Last preseason game he was great in all three zones.  Maybe he will struggle against the bigger NHL teams like the kings, but at this point I dont think Vanek is going to do any better.  

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

This thread exists so we can discuss this one preseason game, and this board exists so we can give our analysis all year round and discuss all things Canuck related.

and yet point b ) still fully applies in spite of all that. 

11 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

That second line is super sexy. I like the way you think. 

I'm really curious if Green will be bold enough to put the twins on seperate lines? Late in shifts when they cough up the biscuit, they just can't get back quickly enough. It's not an indictment, just an observation of what time does to legs.

This seems to be such a big deal to many..are they holding on to the past? Don't know?

Archived