VegasCanuck

Preseason GDT/PGT Canucks vs Kings Sept. 21st 4:30AM (Red Eye Edition)

Rate this topic

Game Results  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Simple Survey, who wins. Post score in thread

• Canucks win
    • Kings win
    • Game is cancelled due to fog :)

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I also like the Brisbois pick.

As far as notable draft picks expended, he is one of three key picks since Benning arrived. Along with Tree & Juolevi. To be fair he picked Rathbone early in the 4th round this year. But...To keep on par we need to be expending more than 3 picks, in the top 3 rounds, each 4 years. Which is what Benning has invested. Unless you have a near perfect strike rate, development rate & retention rate. it is too little attention.

We need to be drafting D, including in top rounds, proportionate to the fact they make up 1/3rd of the players on the ice. 

I like Lind. But I also had my eye on Hague. That would have brought our proportions right where they needed to be?

Watching the kids play I never thought about forward to d ratio.  It's a good point though.  Maybe JB could resolve that ratio problem by acquiring more picks?  Then we would have even more exciting young players to watch in these games.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

In fairness to Gillis, #1 (or even #2) PMD don't grow on trees and are pretty hard to add to a team already at/near the cap. But that is probably his biggest failing (or tied with poor drafting), damn hard too do or not.

Agree we need more D. Or more specifically, more high ceiling, blue chip, future top pair D. We actually have decent depth for potential mid, bottom and spare pairs but so far we have OJ as anything close to projecting to 1st pair. Some of those other guys could very well surprise but....

Same answer I gave to Alf, worded differently; One of our round 1, 2 & 3 picks every year should be a D with all the hallmarks a scout watches for. Compsure with the puck and good decisions, speed, savy, and if lucky some size and snarl or offense. One of our first round picks every 3 years should be a D, one of our 2knds, and so on.

Benning is coming close to this ratio, but not meeting it.  

• Upvote 2

we have like 4 young D men that look good

what we need is a superstar as right now only looks like Brock might be close as we have and you usually need two to make a cup run

Our goalies and D need time but in the future 2 3 years tops we should be a playoff team

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Watching the kids play I never thought about forward to d ratio.  It's a good point though.  Maybe JB could resolve that ratio problem by acquiring more picks?  Then we would have even more exciting young players to watch in these games.

I like this answer

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Same answer I gave to Alf, worded differently; One of our round 1, 2 & 3 picks every year should be a D with all the hallmarks a scout watches for. Compsure with the puck and good decisions, speed, savy, and if lucky some size and snarl or offense. One of our first round picks every 3 years should be a D, one of our 2knds, and so on.

Benning is coming close to this ratio, but not meeting it.  

Yes.  There are 6 players on the ice at once.  3 forwards (50%, 1:2), 2 D (33%, 1:3), 1 Goal Tender (17%, 1:6)

1 hour ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Why wouldn't you try it? Both have had success in the past when the other has been hurt. Henrik lit it up during his Hard and Art Ross year when Daniel went down for 20 games or so. Plus with their current game speed it kind of makes sense to not play the two slowest guys together. Maybe just give them O-Zone starts together or 2nd PP. What is your argument for why we shouldn't?

Doesn't hurt to try but in the recent years it's been weak. Real weak. 

On September 20, 2017 at 10:49 AM, NUCKER67 said:

D. Sedin - H, Sedin - Gagner

Baertschi - Horvat - Boucher

Eriksson - Burmistrov - Vanek

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Not a bad lineup at all.

So i would have Boeser with Bo----Out Boucher

Virtanen 4th line with Dorsett spare guy.....If Virtanene keeps playing with sped and confidence he has to be in lineup... Dorsett in press box

Very excited to see Virtanen keep this play up, last 3 games have been very good.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, riffraff said:

50% of that photo is totally unjustified in my not so humble opinion.

Don't you mean 100% ?

28 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Virtanen 4th line with Dorsett spare guy.....If Virtanene keeps playing with sped and confidence he has to be in lineup... Dorsett in press box

Very excited to see Virtanen keep this play up, last 3 games have been very good.

Totally agree with that. Boeser has been the talk of the town lately; Virtanen looks like a year under Green was just what the doctor ordered.

• Upvote 1

Just watching the first two periods on PVR. Edler looks as bad as always. Sedins have lost another half step, if that's possible. I'm thinking it was ill advised to load up on more aging vets this year. This season will be just like a filler episode of Game of Thrones. Just a lot of plot set-up for what you hope might happen later on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I like the looks of Brisbois too.  I'm wondering if there will not be a spot for Tryamkin, if he wants to come back?

If he ever expressed he wanted to come back we should trade him

I don't want him 

15 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I don't want him 

You cannot blame Tryamkin just 21yrs old married new to Cananda.. Think of it this way, you don't speak good english, wife very lonely when he is gone on road trips and there both missing there families.. maybe the team should of spent more time away from rink with the very young couple???

I really feel tryamking could be a top 4 Dman with a nasty mean streak 6'7 260 lbs moves well for bg big guy.. I feel Tryamking will be back playing for Vancouver after he gets sick of Russian league..

Back before 2019 season, fingers crossed...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

What has Eriksson done to be further up the lineup than Granlund?  I don't like Eriksson on the 4th but I like Granlund on the 4th less. He has earned more than that.

Just now, Ruxin'sVinegarStrokes said:

What has Eriksson done to be further up the lineup than Granlund?  I don't like Eriksson on the 4th but I like Granlund on the 4th less. He has earned more than that.

I predict starting lineup..

1. Bart  Bo  Boeser

2. Sedin Sedin Grandlund ( Grandlund plays well on line.

3. Erickson Sutter Gagner

4. Vanek Brimstrov Virtanen..... Dorsett extra Gaunce will be on 4th line in November

Canucks could package a few players in a trade.. Goldobin 1st call up as forward....

Really hopes Virtanen keeps his play at this level, looks really good, fast, confident and looks happy.. Green looks like he changed attitude of Virtanen..

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

I predict starting lineup..

1. Bart  Bo  Boeser

2. Sedin Sedin Grandlund ( Grandlund plays well on line.

3. Erickson Sutter Gagner

4. Vanek Brimstrov Virtanen..... Dorsett extra Gaunce will be on 4th line in November

Canucks could package a few players in a trade.. Goldobin 1st call up as forward....

Really hopes Virtanen keeps his play at this level, looks really good, fast, confident and looks happy.. Green looks like he changed attitude of Virtanen..

Swap Burmi for Sutter and you have something.

I have a feeling politics will play a part (I have been listening to a lot of Pratt lately) and players making more money (Eriksson and Sutter) will play up in the lineup ahead of cheaper better players (Burmi, Granlund, Virtanen).  Green earned serious brownie points with me by starting Sutter on the 4th. 

On 9/20/2017 at 10:49 AM, NUCKER67 said:

D. Sedin - H, Sedin - Gagner

Baertschi - Horvat - Boucher

Eriksson - Burmistrov - Vanek

Granlund - Sutter - Dorsett

Not a bad lineup at all.

Halford & Brough were trying to predict the line up this morning and they came very close to this.

Sub in Boeser for Boucher

Dorsett can be 13th forward and used in games where they may need the sandpaper

If Virtanen plays with the Canucks, make it 3rd line or else Utica.  He needs to play a lot and not sit in the press box

Rodin a possible depending if he shows well.  Everybody was looking better last night though since there is more structure as they play an practice more together

Goldobin is close but probably starts in Utica.

Gaunce had better hope that his spot doesn't get stolen before he's back in Nov

46 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

I don't want him 

Yes Sutter on 4th line would be fine and Burmi and 3rd ..

3. Erickson Burmi, Gagne

4. Vanek Sutter Virtanen..

Grandlund to play with Sedins most night, Grandlund will get 25G not about money its he deserves to play on 2nd line...

Erickson needs to earn 2nd line time again... Green will not hand players top 6 spots because there getting more pay then another player..

Boser for example will be 1st line with Bo...... Boser is Vancouvers best RW ight now..4G 9GP last year and he's playing very well again after 3 pre season games this year..

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Halford & Brough were trying to predict the line up this morning and they came very close to this.

Sub in Boeser for Boucher

Dorsett can be 13th forward and used in games where they may need the sandpaper

If Virtanen plays with the Canucks, make it 3rd line or else Utica.  He needs to play a lot and not sit in the press box

Rodin a possible depending if he shows well.  Everybody was looking better last night though since there is more structure as they play an practice more together

Goldobin is close but probably starts in Utica.

Gaunce had better hope that his spot doesn't get stolen before he's back in Nov

I agree with you.. Boser is the best RW right now, So much talent... Very exciting with him and Virtanen..

Like a lot of Canuck fans I PVR'd the game...Watched the first 5 minutes and FF the rest....It was all special teams..Tough to watch,hopefully the refs ease off next game and let the payers decide it for themselves.