The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atmosphere

Vancouvertillidie

maybe this is just me but I always wonder if people wanted us to have an atmosphere more than just the fans cheering when makes some noise comes up on the jumbotron or when fin does Go Canucks Go. Maybe this is me just being more of a soccer fan than one of hockey but I personally think the games would be a lot more enjoyable if we even just had one section in the upper deck where you stood, sang songs and waved flags and just generally were allowed to be rambunctious sorta like how the southsiders are at whitecaps game.

Back in the day you used to be able to get loaded, scream your face off and have as much fun as you wanted so long as you didnt swear or throw stuff.

But then all these corporate suited up losers and their clients decided a hockey game is the place to go to show face, talk business and be uptight wankers.

Fricken suits ruining everything

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Back in the day you used to be able to get loaded, scream your face off and have as much fun as you wanted so long as you didnt swear or throw stuff.

But then all these corporate suited up losers and their clients decided a hockey game is the place to go to show face, talk business and be uptight wankers.

The Fricken suits are the reason why we still have a team.

I watched a lot of hockey in Germany. Solution take the seats out of the two end zones in the lower bowl. Sell cheap season tickets in one end zone to Canuck fans that go to every game and are noisy, don't mind standing in close quarters. Give them a drummer and flags. The other end zone have the visiting teams fans. Take season tickets in the end zone away from quiet fans and encourage noise and chants. Have a pregame show that involves singing the same songs each game about vancouver stuff. Whenever a players name is announced only his first name is announced and the fans scream the last name in unison. Teach fans chants smarter and more complicated than go team go. Even consider the lower bowl opposite the club seats to also be parlty standing only with crazy fans.

59 minutes ago, xereau said:

78.09% nitrogen

20.95% oxygen

0.93% argon

0.04% carbon dioxide

Maybe when the game starts.  Methane count gets prominent a little while after the hotdogs are eaten, and of course the inevitable bad calls by the officials.

On a serious note, sure, having people sing would be great for some energy and making it fun.  Might even help drown out those Habs and Leafs fans when they're in town.

1 hour ago, Vancouvertillidie said:

maybe this is just me but I always wonder if people wanted us to have an atmosphere more than just the fans cheering when makes some noise comes up on the jumbotron or when fin does Go Canucks Go. Maybe this is me just being more of a soccer fan than one of hockey but I personally think the games would be a lot more enjoyable if we even just had one section in the upper deck where you stood, sang songs and waved flags and just generally were allowed to be rambunctious sorta like how the southsiders are at whitecaps game.

I waive my Canucks flag at the games I go to in San Jose. I am not very popular. :lol:

30 minutes ago, inkorea said:

I watched a lot of hockey in Germany. Solution take the seats out of the two end zones in the lower bowl. Sell cheap season tickets in one end zone to Canuck fans that go to every game and are noisy, don't mind standing in close quarters. Give them a drummer and flags. The other end zone have the visiting teams fans. Take season tickets in the end zone away from quiet fans and encourage noise and chants. Have a pregame show that involves singing the same songs each game about vancouver stuff. Whenever a players name is announced only his first name is announced and the fans scream the last name in unison. Teach fans chants smarter and more complicated than go team go. Even consider the lower bowl opposite the club seats to also be parlty standing only with crazy fans.

I felt the same way about watching hockey in the Czech Republic. Having fan zones in the ends was great. People were louder, rowdier, and got the crowd fired up. Plus beers were like 2 bucks...

I'm all for a rowdy atmosphere but the idea of waving flags and singing songs and trying to copy soccer just sounds really cringy. It works for soccer because they have a culture and history built around it. I don't think it would work for hockey.

plus nothing would piss me off more than paying hundreds of dollars for a seat and not be able to see what's going on because some idiot in front of me is waving a flag.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

A drunk and yelling hockey fan who wasn't swearing? Riiiiight. 

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

You mean like how the suits decided we should go to China and not the Olympics? 

No, the ones that pay millions of dollars for luxury suites, and tickets in the lower bowl so we can pay our players the 70 million bucks a year along with other costs like the building etc.. 

without corporate support, we no longer have a team get it?

Archived