Sign in to follow this  
-Vintage Canuck-

Top 30 Current NHL Players - #30

Rate this topic

Top 30 Current NHL Players  

59 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who would you rank as the #30 player currently in the NHL?

• Leon Draisaitl (F)
    • Jack Eichel (F)
    • Johnny Gaudreau (F)
    • Anze Kopitar (F)
    • Artemi Panarin (F)
    • Joe Pavelski (F)
    • Blake Wheeler (F)
    • Duncan Keith (D)
    • Shea Weber (D)
    • Matt Murray (G)

Welcome to the 'Top 30' series! We will select the top 30 players that are currently in the NHL.

How this works is, you vote for the player that you would rank #30 based on their recent accomplishments and likely potential next year.

Congratulations to P. K. Subban on being ranked as the #29 current NHL player!

Shea Weber had the most nominations, so he was added to the list.

Please remember to nominate a current NHL player to be added to the voting list by posting below.

The List:

#1 - Sidney Crosby (F)

#2 - Connor McDavid (F)

#3 - Erik Karlsson (D)

#4 - Patrick Kane (F)

#5 - Evgeni Malkin (F)

#6 - Carey Price (G)

#7 - Victor Hedman (D)

#8 - Alex Ovechkin (F)

#9 - Brent Burns (D)

#10 - Steven Stamkos (F)

-------------------------

#11 - John Tavares (F)

#12 - Nikita Kucherov (F)

#13 - Drew Doughty (D)

#14 - Vladimir Tarasenko (F)

#15 - Jamie Benn (F)

#16 - Jonathan Toews (F)

#17 - Nicklas Backstrom (F)

#18 - Sergei Bobrovsky (G)

#19 - Braden Holtby (G)

#20 - Patrice Bergeron (F)

-------------------------

#21 - Brad Marchand (F)

#22 - Auston Matthews (F)

#23 - Ryan Getzlaf (F)

#24 - Mark Scheifele (F)

#25 - Tyler Seguin (F)

#26 - Kris Letang (D)

#27 - Roman Josi (D)

#28 - Patrik Laine (F)

#29 - P. K. Subban (D)

Voting: Duncan Keith

getty35-300x300.png

Note: This is the last poll for the Top 30 Current NHL Players, so there is no need to nominate a player this time.

I feel like it's that moment when I futilely throw my vote at Blake Wheeler. Ah, well, for what it's worth anyways. 

• Upvote 2

Whys Panarin not up there? 

Artemi Panarin for sure. 

32 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I feel like it's that moment when I futilely throw my vote at Blake Wheeler. Ah, well, for what it's worth anyways. 

I feel the same with my vote for Pavelski.

• Upvote 1

Vote Oliver Ekman Larsson

This kid is good. Consistent 40+ defensemen on a bad Arizona Coyotes team. Always a + player. Plays 26 minutes a night. Only reason he doesn't get recognition is because he's on Arizona. Guarantee he is just as good as Karlsson on a more talented team

• Upvote 1

Had a hard time deciding between Weber and Keith. Ended up going with Duncan Keith.

Can I nominate Pietrangelo for honorable mention? 

LOL! Keith getting votes is almost as big of a joke as Toews being in this top 30. It's 2017 folks... not 2014.

Voting Leon... I think Weber, Wheeler are better but I can't sleep at night if Keith makes this list so voted for his closest competitor.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Still loling at toews @ #16... can I borrow the time machine you guys are using? I need to invest in Bitcoin

• Upvote 1

This list is rough even for CDC standards. Wheeler and Kopitar should have been in long ago. Still amazes me how underrated Wheeler is. 

Edited by Gally

3 hours ago, apollo said:

LOL! Keith getting votes is almost as big of a joke as Toews being in this top 30. It's 2017 folks... not 2014.

Voting Leon... I think Weber, Wheeler are better but I can't sleep at night if Keith makes this list so voted for his closest competitor.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Still loling at toews @ #16... can I borrow the time machine you guys are using? I need to invest in Bitcoin

I can understand the dislike of Keith, especially after his elbow to Daniel, but he has not been regressing like Toews has. Even if you just stat watch, Keith put up 53 points as a defenseman last year and was a +22 plus/minus. He is still one of the elite defensemen in the league and always raises his game for the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I can understand the dislike of Keith, especially after his elbow to Daniel, but he has not been regressing like Toews has. Even if you just stat watch, Keith put up 53 points as a defenseman last year and was a +22 plus/minus. He is still one of the elite defensemen in the league and always raises his game for the playoffs.

Maybe he hasn't regressed as much as Toe but he still has regressed from the year he was handed a Norris trophy. Weber & Pietrangelo I'd take on my team over Keith. In 2014 Weber should have won the Norris... not Keith. You could even make a case that Chara deserved it more than Keith that year. 

Chicago scum have always got the benefit from the old boys club... they just burried a Luongo contract with absolutely 0 consequence with Hossa. 

I've gone ahead and changed my vote to Jack Eichel... come on somebody else please vote Eichel to tie Keith 

8 hours ago, The Game said:

We should do this every year and keep score of how the results change over time!

Interesting idea. I might do it again next year.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I feel the same with my vote for Pavelski.

Same here. I voted for him. He's so skilled, pure scorer and just loves to play the game. Cant believe he's not on the list yet