The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

RGMG: The Pool (Hiring New GMs)

Baer.

Morning all,

It is with regret that I am announcing I will be stepping down from a management position in this league. Due to some unforeseen IRL scheduling changes I haven't been able to put the time into this this league to maintain the high level of professionalism I expect and you all deserve.

In the future I do plan to be involved in Fantasy Hockey, possibly in a management position whether it's with this league or another (should time permit). I want to thank all the GM's who have put lots of effort into their teams/this league in general. 

Look forward to seeing you all around in the future either in trade discussions, or should I once again become involved in league management.

Cheers,

Tigs

1 hour ago, Tigs said:

Morning all,

It is with regret that I am announcing I will be stepping down from a management position in this league. Due to some unforeseen IRL scheduling changes I haven't been able to put the time into this this league to maintain the high level of professionalism I expect and you all deserve.

In the future I do plan to be involved in Fantasy Hockey, possibly in a management position whether it's with this league or another (should time permit). I want to thank all the GM's who have put lots of effort into their teams/this league in general. 

Look forward to seeing you all around in the future either in trade discussions, or should I once again become involved in league management.

Cheers,

Tigs

Bye Tigs :'(

2 hours ago, Tigs said:

Morning all,

Cheers,

Tigs

Thanks for all the work you put it :)

21 hours ago, Tigs said:

Morning all,

Cheers,

Tigs

Thanks for the help in the off season. Hope everything is going well with life and such. You're always welcome back as a commish.

I'm sorry to say, I don't think this league is where it needs to be. I came back thinking the summer it would change and things looked promising. But now I have to say it just doesn't feel like there is anything here. I that's to say but I will also be stepping down. I can't even get a hold of gms for trades... Sorry to @Baer., thanks to @Tigs and to @Patrick Kane. It's too bad things didn't work better for this league.

10 hours ago, Mr.Miyagi said:

I'm sorry to say, I don't think this league is where it needs to be. I came back thinking the summer it would change and things looked promising. But now I have to say it just doesn't feel like there is anything here. I that's to say but I will also be stepping down. I can't even get a hold of gms for trades... Sorry to @Baer., thanks to @Tigs and to @Patrick Kane. It's too bad things didn't work better for this league.

Unfortunate to hear this. Although, I am curious as to who these GMs you can't even contact are. Looking at the list of GMs of this league, you can see lots of names who frequent these boards a lot, but at the same time there are some people who haven't posted once.

I can't think of any way to improve the league and I can't force people to be active. If you guys have any suggestions on improving the league, we can talk about it in a private message.

Currently the league sits with 5 open spots. I counted another 13 GMs who have yet to even make a transaction this season. And some of those 13 people are quite frequent with this site.

For the time being, I will continue to operate the league as normal. I like this league and I like it when people enjoy themselves. But if I can't find myself new GMs or a way to stir up some activity, the future of the league may be in doubt. I work long days and this takes up a decent chunk of my free time, so I really only want to do this if people can appreciate it.

No hard feelings to those who have resigned. Thanks to those who have been active and supportive, it means a lot to me.

2 hours ago, Baer. said:

I can't think of any way to improve the league and I can't force people to be active. If you guys have any suggestions on improving the league, we can talk about it in a private message.

Currently the league sits with 5 open spots. I counted another 13 GMs who have yet to even make a transaction this season. And some of those 13 people are quite frequent with this site.

For the time being, I will continue to operate the league as normal. I like this league and I like it when people enjoy themselves. But if I can't find myself new GMs or a way to stir up some activity, the future of the league may be in doubt. I work long days and this takes up a decent chunk of my free time, so I really only want to do this if people can appreciate it.

No hard feelings to those who have resigned. Thanks to those who have been active and supportive, it means a lot to me.

Hey Baer,

This is a great league! Very well run, with an awesome interface. I don't know why it isn't more active. (I would have totally joined as a F/T GM if I had time for another league.)

If this trend continues and it doesn't last, it will be a shame. But sometimes thems the breaks. If so, don't take it personally - you did great work here.

2 hours ago, Baer. said:

Not sure who’s not responding to PMs. I’ve had discussions with a few guys since I joined prior to expansion and completing several trades at that times. As of late (few days ago), I’ve had one discussion with a GM on a potential trade, which I’m “hemming and hawing” over before I pull the trigger on it.

I also like the interface and the guys in the league. The “problem” at this point could simply be fantasy fatigue in the forums. Initially I was concerned of this when I first joined, as I was already a full time GM in FL and GML; however, once involved, it really wasn’t extra work at all.

24 minutes ago, Monty said:

Not sure who’s not responding to PMs. I’ve had discussions with a few guys since I joined prior to expansion and completing several trades at that times. As of late (few days ago), I’ve had one discussion with a GM on a potential trade, which I’m “hemming and hawing” over before I pull the trigger on it.

I also like the interface and the guys in the league. The “problem” at this point could simply be fantasy fatigue in the forums. Initially I was concerned of this when I first joined, as I was already a full time GM in FL and GML; however, once involved, it really wasn’t extra work at all.

Largest reasons (imo)

Newest league (already 3 established leagues created)

Lots of 'bad' teams (during the draft GM's bailed, didn't show up, etc..)

I appreciate your time and effort to this league also @Baer.! Ever since I've joined, everyone has been as appreciative and kind to me. Nothing but mad respect for your work. I could be more active but I recently got a job and rarely get off days, though I got a couple this week including today. I appreciate everything and hopefully everyone can be more active! I will try to be but thank you very much!

3 hours ago, Patrick Kane said:

Largest reasons (imo)

Newest league (already 3 established leagues created)

Lots of 'bad' teams (during the draft GM's bailed, didn't show up, etc..)

I think also from what I have noticed since I started in 2009 is the standard is much higher, couple that with more quality " established " Leagues and I think the pool of available or dare I say qualified applicants is much smaller.

When I started the League(s) were filled with vultures and prey GMs, the ones will trade their garbage to an unsuspecting rival for their top line...and there were plenty of GMs who couldn't have trade dialogue because one thought his 13th forward was worth a potential top 10 pick and defenseman lol.

Now most members in the established Leagues although trying to hustle or "maximize" a return on asset are unable to do so as most members understand or have a similar valuation of talent among each other now more so than in the past. This has lead to many " used to be " and " wanna be " GMs leaving due to disinterest or not getting a GM role because they cannot " game the system " so to speak.

End of the day the pool of available and competent GMs has shrunk while the number of GM positions has grown, each of these Leagues offers a very cool experience and all have their unique qualities for sure, but just not enough serious-type, active, fun people on CDC with the time to put in.

Archived