#25 - Tyler Seguin (F)

#26 - Kris Letang (D)

#27 - Roman Josi (D)

#28 - Patrik Laine (F)

#29 - P. K. Subban (D)

#30 - Jack Eichel (F)

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I think it's insulting that the likes of Toews, Getzlaf and Scheifele made the list, and Panarin didn't. Getz in particular doesn't belong on this list.

Ovie is too high, sorry to say. And I think it's good old Olympic bias that sees Price so high. I don't even see him as the best NHL goalie, let alone 6th best across all positions in the entire league.

27 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

You sir are correct. My apologies. I should really finish my coffee before posting. 

Never try functioning before coffee lol.

This list is tuff, I think there are probably two vets who deserve to be on this list over Eichel and Laine.  Those two guys project to be near the top of the list in the future but I don't think they've quite earned it yet. 

My thoughts: nothing overtly out of whack.

I personally think Toews is on here because of his past reputation and would have him in either the late 20s or even off entirely, but I understand that some would  disagree. 

My biggest complaint would be Matthews being over the likes of Seguin and Getzlaf, who both should be higher on this list. If I'm building a team for the future, I would take Matthews over them, but in the present day, I would laugh at anyone trying to argue that Matthews is better than either of those guys at the moment. 

Overall, it was fun putting together this list!

5 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

Thoughts?

I think it's insulting that the likes of Toews, Getzlaf and Scheifele made the list, and Panarin didn't. Getz in particular doesn't belong on this list.

Ovie is too high, sorry to say. And I think it's good old Olympic bias that sees Price so high. I don't even see him as the best NHL goalie, let alone 6th best across all positions in the entire league.

Definitely not that guy. Most underrated player in the NHL.

24 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

My thoughts: nothing overtly out of whack.

I personally think Toews is on here because of his past reputation and would have him in either the late 20s or even off entirely, but I understand that some would  disagree. 

My biggest complaint would be Matthews being over the likes of Seguin and Getzlaf, who both should be higher on this list. If I'm building a team for the future, I would take Matthews over them, but in the present day, I would laugh at anyone trying to argue that Matthews is better than either of those guys at the moment. 

Overall, it was fun putting together this list!

I agree. I think a few players were put on the list more for potential then for where they stand right now, but overall I like the list....

13 minutes ago, Tigs said:

Definitely not that guy. Most underrated player in the NHL.

Not remotely anywhere near it. His mere presence in this Top 30 proves that.

I get Kane won 3 titles with the near dynasty Chicago Blackawks, but idk about you guys, I would not take Patrick Kane 4th. 4th best in the league? Before people used to share my mentality but over recent times, people have been making me feel like I'm the crazy one, but Looking at these players on this list, not even question to me, and I'll give you 3 reason's why.

1. He plays on the wing. By definition, wingers are the least valuable position in Hockey. No offence to wingers, but a dominant winger just does not have the impact that a dominant center, dominant two way defender, or especially a dominate goalie. By that token, I personally think there is no winger I take in the top 10. Look at ovechkins career, and what happens when you build your team around a top winger in the league. Wingers are best served as star talent that puts the team over the top. A player that you find to match up with the Center to give real punching power. But before you start branching out you need to focus on building your solid foundation and skeleton. Thats centers, defence, and goaltending.
  2. Most of his success comes from the Blackhawks as a whole. Kane is not the same player anywhere. You have to still find a way to get him into his specialty area or he simply just isn't an impact player. Kane thrives against average NHL players, and goaltenders. (Great speed, and hands will do that for you) But when he gets matched up against the other teams top defenders, or another teams top forwards, all of a sudden, where the superstar go? Guys like Toews, Keith, Seabrook, Hossa, these are guys that no matter who it's against, in whatever situation, you're going to get the same star like impact. Kane, you put an "equally talented" defender on him, and watch him get crushed and start throwing tantrums.
  3. He simply just isn't a better overall hockey player than many on this list. Guys like Tavares, Malkin, Victor freakin Hedman, are just simply better more valuable players to their team. Bruh, you put Hedman on Kane and watch the domination. That's why Kane tends to need to play on the second line so that Toews and his line can try and draw maximum attention, allowing Kane (and before, the breadman) to dominate second tier competition.

If you ask me, Kane should be in that 11 spot. If you take Kane over Tavares, bruh we are watching different players.

But by all means, I would like to hear others perspective. I just personally don't see what everyone else see's in Kane. I think his career greatly benefited from being on the Blackhawks, especially earlier in his career where if you ask me, Kane really underperformed but was good enough to help put their star studded team over the top. Recently he has become one the best scorers in the league, but I don't see much else. And I get scoring is a huge skill to have, as the point of the game is to score more goals than the other team, but that's why I put him at 11-13 somewhere. Because the others on this list can score, and play quality two-way hockey. I will take a person who is a little worse at scoring, but brings multiple other dimensions to his game, than a pure scorer any day.

Sorry about the rantish post, but Kane better Hedman, Burns, Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos and more? I just don't see it. But please I would love to hear why I'm wrong, and why everyone thinks this guy is a top 5 talent in the NHL. I honestly just don't get it.

Archived