The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I'll wait till it comes out on Netflix

riffraff

2 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I love how people love to p*ss and moan about the US and it's people, but once we elect a clown into office who even hints that he's going to stop protecting the rest of the world, everybody goes bonkers because they aren't prepared to take care of themselves.  Italy is one of the many members of the less than 2% GDP defense spending club.

I completely agree... I have traveled all over the US and the nicest people I have ever met were when I drove through all the southern states. I would even say that the average American I met in places like Texas, Arizona and Louisiana were far more polite and friendly than anywhere in Canada I have been. 

I think Americans are great, I just think they are terrible at voting, not that they ever have much to choose from. With all the amazingly smart and great people there they always seem to have to choose between the worst possible people your country has to offer.

I think it's all just penance for what the democrats did to the last great American politician Henry Wallace, what a different world we would live in today if he had have been president like he should have. 

15 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

I completely agree... I have traveled all over the US and the nicest people I have ever met were when I drove through all the southern states. I would even say that the average American I met in places like Texas, Arizona and Louisiana were far more polite and friendly than anywhere in Canada I have been. 

I think Americans are great, I just think they are terrible at voting, not that they ever have much to choose from. With all the amazingly smart and great people there they always seem to have to choose between the worst possible people your country has to offer.

I think it's all just penance for what the democrats did to the last great American politician Henry Wallace, what a different world we would live in today if he had have been president like he should have. 

The US has good and bad all over the country.  The south can be a very nice place depending on your race and which part of it you're in.

One of the reason that we have such terrible choices at the ballot is because that the vast majority of people of quality stays out of politics because it's a miserable job.  The tribal fanatics (voters) of each party who blindly follow their "chosen ones" like lemmings don't help matters either.

Henry Wallace did get royally screwed out of office, but he was far from perfect.  The most worrisome aspect was his cozy relationship with Stalin's Soviet Union.  Being cozy with a mass murderer is never a good thing.  His pleading ignorance years later is not a solid defense.  He would have been a disaster in foreign policy.

22 hours ago, riffraff said:

Higgins said while there has been criticism, he has also heard from women who said they pay more than men for goods and services, including hair cuts and hygienic and cosmetic products.

Well my hair cut takes 15 minutes tops and I spend $20.  I know women who spend over an hour getting it cut, coloured, dyed, etc. so yea theirs will cost more.  And if women want to spend less on hygenic products just buy mens and just don't buy cosmetic products, hell I haven't bought a cosmetic product ever.

4 hours ago, Russ said:

Well my hair cut takes 15 minutes tops and I spend $20.  I know women who spend over an hour getting it cut, coloured, dyed, etc. so yea theirs will cost more.  And if women want to spend less on hygenic products just buy mens and just don't buy cosmetic products, hell I haven't bought a cosmetic product ever.

Neither have I. I only need hair gel because my hair is curly and hard to settle. Societal pressures on women are significant factors though, most women spend a ton of money on products that they don't even need to look good. 

Update: The show has been cancelled.

VICTORIA — Mounting protests against a filmmaker who planned to charge higher admission to white men attending the screening of his movie have led a Victoria theatre society to cancel its contract to show the film.

Blue Bridge Theatre Society president Evan Roberts says the society will cancel its facility rental agreement with Shiraz Higgins of Made You Look Media to show “Building The Room.”

Higgins used the false name Sid Mohammed when he announced a so-called justice-pricing model to charge white men as much as $20, while others would pay $10 based on the purchasing power of individual groups and “price discrimination.”

Roberts says Blue Bridge Theatre Society does not believe in any form of prejudicial pricing.  He says the contract was cancelled because Higgins breached the deal by unveiling the pricing model without the society’s knowledge or consent.

The 70-minute documentary-style movie “Building the Room” is a behind-the-scenes look at comedians putting on a stand-up show. It was scheduled for a screening in Victoria on Thursday night.

http://theprovince.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/screening-scrapped-in-victoria-as-group-cancels-fibbing-filmmakers-contract/wcm/0f4b5891-449c-4d48-bb0c-47d367cfc580

15 hours ago, goalie13 said:

Update: The show has been cancelled.

VICTORIA — Mounting protests against a filmmaker who planned to charge higher admission to white men attending the screening of his movie have led a Victoria theatre society to cancel its contract to show the film.

Blue Bridge Theatre Society president Evan Roberts says the society will cancel its facility rental agreement with Shiraz Higgins of Made You Look Media to show “Building The Room.”

Higgins used the false name Sid Mohammed when he announced a so-called justice-pricing model to charge white men as much as $20, while others would pay $10 based on the purchasing power of individual groups and “price discrimination.”

Roberts says Blue Bridge Theatre Society does not believe in any form of prejudicial pricing.  He says the contract was cancelled because Higgins breached the deal by unveiling the pricing model without the society’s knowledge or consent.

The 70-minute documentary-style movie “Building the Room” is a behind-the-scenes look at comedians putting on a stand-up show. It was scheduled for a screening in Victoria on Thursday night.

http://theprovince.com/pmn/news-pmn/canada-news-pmn/screening-scrapped-in-victoria-as-group-cancels-fibbing-filmmakers-contract/wcm/0f4b5891-449c-4d48-bb0c-47d367cfc580

Looks like Higgins got waived to the minors.

Archived