The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason GDT/PGT LA Kings Vs Canucks |Sept 23| 12:30AM | SN

AlwaysACanuckFan

2 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

I was able to name every player in that photo with the exception of #41 (next to Nilsson). Does anyone know who that is? Also, is there a reason that Ryan White isn't in the photo?

Ryan White is out with a concussion but idk why he wasnt in the picture and Nilsson was a goalie we signed in free agency to back up Markstrom this season. 

14 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Ryan White is out with a concussion but idk why he wasnt in the picture and Nilsson was a goalie we signed in free agency to back up Markstrom this season. 

13 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Ah, I must have missed the bit about his concussion. Any idea who the guy next to Nilsson is? 

Whitey got the concussion symptoms before the team even left. He didn't travel and stayed back in Van. 

4 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

That's #42 Burmistrov. The #2 is a little squished so it looks like a #41 or something.

You're absolutely right. For some reason I thought Burmy was the guy between Gudbranson and Hutton. Now I don't know who that is lol.

18 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Ah, I must have missed the bit about his concussion. Any idea who the guy next to Nilsson is? 

Ohh I thought you were talking about Nilsson. Other posters correctly answered you, mb

1 minute ago, Bigturk8 said:

I appreciate you.

The LaBate one I didn't know either.

Saw he was number 60-something. Google'd Canucks China roster. Saw there's nobody with that number besides Granlund with #60.

Went to Canucks.com roster page, saw LaBate with #62. His pic looks like that guy.

I'm usually good with the faces, so I knew Burmistrov and everyone else, but I guess I haven't seen LaBate enough. Funny he's not on the official NHL.com China roster though.

• -SN- featured and pinned this topic
26 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Saw he was number 60-something. Google'd Canucks China roster. Saw there's nobody with that number besides Granlund with #60.

Went to Canucks.com roster page, saw LaBate with #62. His pic looks like that guy.

I'm usually good with the faces, so I knew Burmistrov and everyone else, but I guess I haven't seen LaBate enough. Funny he's not on the official NHL.com China roster though.

I think Big Joe was the person swapped in for Whitey.

I am excited for this game. I can actually stay up for this one :) It's amazing that the guys are over there,  even though I know this whole thing is a dumb NHL gimmick designed to line the owners' pockets. The guys seem like they're really having fun. This must be great for the room. 

34 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

he was a last minute, replacement for white. probably not in time for the official list.

I PVRd the last China game, and watched the first 2 periods last night. I thought the Canucks played well, considering it was most of the players' first game. I'm not concerned at all about the final score, I saw a lot of good things in that game. What I did get the sense of was that this was a show for the Chinese people. For some of them this is their first exposure watching a game, and when Hutton had the puck, for example, you could tell he wanted to put on a show. It wasn't a serious do or die type of game. It was for fun, and to show the Chinese people a good game. I thought it was great. really liked the cheerleaders, the opening ceremony was interesting. The responses from the crowd when a player would shoot lol. I think it's great. Feel kind of proud that our Canucks played the first ever game in China. Looking forward to this game early tomorrow morning, and hopefully the Canucks can win this one, tie the China series. GCG!  ps - I can't stand Dustin Brown.

I think I'll catch this one 12:30 isn't too bad and it's a Friday night.

I'm having a tough time reading the rosters... I have 0 clue which one is ours... on neither side do I see both 22 and 33... does that mean one of the Sedins is sitting out tonight?

Archived