AlwaysACanuckFan

Preseason GDT/PGT LA Kings Vs Canucks |Sept 23| 12:30AM | SN

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, apollo said:

I think I'll catch this one 12:30 isn't too bad and it's a Friday night.

 

I'm having a tough time reading the rosters... I have 0 clue which one is ours... on neither side do I see both 22 and 33... does that mean one of the Sedins is sitting out tonight?

The Canucks roster is on the right

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Granlund has looked great - right where he left off - if not better in the sense that he looks like he's ready to play a bit bigger - and is healthier.

 

Baertschi appears to have gotten over the hump - won't need 20 or 30 games to regrow his confidence - he looks like an assertive NHLer from the get-go this year - good to see.

 

Vanek = hard to watch.  Never been a fan - hope he proves me wrong, but at this point he looks like the weakest link in the lineup - and that's a lineup with guys like Boucher skating in it.  Low risk signing, low cost and short term, but he needs to pick it up considerably or I wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice his spot to make room for a young guy.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Canucks roster is on the right

Ooooh that looks like it... I was looking in between #21 and #23 trying to find #22... looks like it's between 15 and 20.  Guess both Sedins are playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12:30 start eh... I may actually stay up for this game. They better win! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Granlund has looked great - right where he left off - if not better in the sense that he looks like he's ready to play a bit bigger - and is healthier.

 

Baertschi appears to have gotten over the hump - won't need 20 or 30 games to regrow his confidence - he looks like an assertive NHLer from the get-go this year - good to see.

 

Vanek = hard to watch.  Never been a fan - hope he proves me wrong, but at this point he looks like the weakest link in the lineup - and that's a lineup with guys like Boucher skating in it.  Low risk signing, low cost and short term, but he needs to pick it up considerably or I wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice his spot to make room for a young guy.

I'd say when the smoke clears, that Vanek and Boucher are nothing more than placeholders for Boeser and Virtanen. Vanek is old, slow, lackadaisical, and flaky. Boucher, while young enough, hasn't really shown near enough to seriously or convincingly clamp down on a roster spot.

 

While many state that Boeser and Virtanen could, and surely would, benefit from top line minutes in Utica, it would be counterproductive, as both are doing everything they possibly can to convince management that they are ready for the big show. Not rewarding that would be a bad idea, as it would run against the "every spot is up for grabs" credo that has been prevalent.

 

The team needs the youth to step up. Boeser and Virtanen have. Simple as that.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

12:30 am Canucks game on a Saturday? Count me in.

:rolleyes: Normally puck drops at 3am over here on the other side of the pond.

No wonder the missus gets frustrated at times...

What supporters go through for the love of their team.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, spook007 said:

:rolleyes: Normally puck drops at 3am over here on the other side of the pond.

No wonder the missus gets frustrated at times...

What supporters go through for the love of their team.

That is another level of commitment man. I'm in the east. After 2 periods if we're down by 2 I turn it off. That happens alot nowadays.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you PhillipBlunt, management has said spots would be earned and I think Boeser and Virtanen are doing everything they've asked for. Meanwhile, older, lazy veterans like Vanek just seem to be going through the motions. I hope they don't stand for that. Didn't Green or Benning already say that there are a couple of players on the squad playing here that would be on the team to start the season?  I'm assuming they mean Boeser and Virtanen. I like what I saw from Gagner, he was in on a lot of plays, makes some good passes. I think Burmistrov makes the team this year, but he'll need a better game tomorrow morning. It's only been one game for a lot of those guys, so I guess we'll see what they do in the next week. I haven't seen Wiericoch's name anywhere. Is he injured? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, based solely on performance so far (aside from the Sedins who will play anyway), would this be the lineup?

 

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Gagner

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen

Archibald - Burmistrov - Carcone

MacEwen

 

Edler - Tanev

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Chatfield

Subban

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

lacking: Eriksson, Vanek, Goldobin, Rodin, Dorsett, Nilsson

 

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Vanek = hard to watch.  Never been a fan - hope he proves me wrong, but at this point he looks like the weakest link in the lineup - and that's a lineup with guys like Boucher skating in it.  Low risk signing, low cost and short term, but he needs to pick it up considerably or I wouldn't hesitate to sacrifice his spot to make room for a young guy.

As I've suggested, he's a potential candidate for a phantom injury or "maintenance days" in order to keep another deserving prospect.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Who is between Tanev and Granlund? 

Wiercioch

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

That is another level of commitment man. I'm in the east. After 2 periods if we're down by 2 I turn it off. That happens alot nowadays.

Cheers bud.... 

But yeah theres been a few nights, where I either give it a miss or drop it after 1 or 2 periods...

 

But inn general trying to watch as much as possible.

If I can PVR it, I see it later, but games via NHL.com needs to be seen instant, as I hate knowing the score before hand. :rolleyes:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Okay, based solely on performance so far (aside from the Sedins who will play anyway), would this be the lineup?

 

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Gagner

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen

Archibald - Burmistrov - Carcone

MacEwen

 

Edler - Tanev

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Chatfield

Subban0

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

lacking: Eriksson, Vanek, Goldobin, Rodin, Dorsett, Nilsson

 

Carcone takes to many penalties and can't shoot, I like his energy but Rodin is way better (under utilized to this point though)...I'll give the vet.'s another game before slagging them to bad....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

As I've suggested, he's a potential candidate for a phantom injury or "maintenance days" in order to keep another deserving prospect.

Equipment allergy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

12:30 am Canucks game on a Saturday? Count me in.

Same here. This will be, for many of us, the first time we see how our big club will be doing. Highlights ain't going to cut it for us:lol: I'm excited for this double header basically. Get to see our now and future. GCG!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Okay, based solely on performance so far (aside from the Sedins who will play anyway), would this be the lineup?

 

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Gagner

Baertschi - Horvat - Boeser

Granlund - Sutter - Virtanen

Archibald - Burmistrov - Carcone

MacEwen

 

Edler - Tanev

Del Zotto - Gudbranson

Hutton - Stecher

Chatfield

Subban

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

lacking: Eriksson, Vanek, Goldobin, Rodin, Dorsett, Nilsson

 

This is a good lineup, I like how you added in Archibald and Carcone. Both have been playing like they deserve a spot on the roster. Also I like that 3rd line. The Baer - Bo - Boeser line is destined to be. It will be tough not putting Eriksson in the lineup, especially with his big contract.  Then again, you did say this was based on performance.

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

 

Apart from Boucher, those seem like interesting choices to me. Any idea what other guys they're trying to get on the ice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.