The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Preseason GDT/PGT LA Kings Vs Canucks |Sept 23| 12:30AM | SN

AlwaysACanuckFan

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

PP2 had only 30 seconds to set up while PP1 did virtually nothing with 1:15 on ice and they made a line change when the puck was iced.   

I'm not disagreeing with you just pointing out pp1/pp2 doesn't matter , the power play in general has been ineffective but yes the 2nd is more likely to do something 

1 minute ago, coolboarder said:

No more Sedin on PP1 ever again.  Last year, all year long they did nothing and yet they did it again with Edler in it.   Two options: make them PP2 unit with less time on the ice or split up the Sedins on PP.  How many times do we have to prove that the Sedin does not have it anymore?

Even if we don't use the Sedins on the powerplay, I would still be confident with these two units:

Baertschi - Horvat - Vanek

Boeser - Edler

Eriksson - Gagner - Granlund

Hutton - Stecher

But like you said, I would first see them split up before deciding to not use them on the powerplay.

8 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Is it just me or does the defenders look more aggressive this season than before?

Seen a few of the defenders carrying the puck into the O zone and keeping on going. Also first in on the for check, if they lose the puck?  

Well I  heard that the plan was to have the D jump up in the Play more , so maybe it's actually happening ... goals gotta come from somewhere

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Even if we don't use the Sedins on the powerplay, I would still be confident with these two units:

Baertschi - Horvat - Vanek

Boeser - Edler

Hutton - Stecher

But like you said, I would first see them split up before deciding to not use them on the powerplay.

It's not a bad-looking PP units. It would put us in a middle-pack in the league.    If it were up to me, I'd like to see:

Baertschi-Horvat-Boeser

Henrik Sedin-Stecher

Daniel Sedin-Hutton or (OJ for preseason experiment)

Archived