The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

visiting vancouver in october

myluckypost

Hi everyone .

visiting your beautiful city next month , cant believe it still ... but anyway , wanting to see a Canucks game and wondered if anyone could advise me as to ticket availability etc ..

I will be over for the caps game , last week in October 

many thanks from the UK .

1 minute ago, myluckypost said:

Hi everyone .

visiting your beautiful city next month , cant believe it still ... but anyway , wanting to see a Canucks game and wondered if anyone could advise me as to ticket availability etc ..

I will be over for the caps game , last week in October 

many thanks from the UK .

Enjoy Vancouver and the hockey game. Hopefully they win.

Stubhub.com

Not exactly info on the game..,.but if you are a pasta fan I love to hit up Antons Pasta Bar before the game, you need to show up early for dinner because the line up gets ridiculous but it's tradition for my wife and I to head to Antons for 4 pm, then head to the game at 7 pm. It's a legendary pasta place in Vancouver. Funny story, we got to Antons late one game day, we could only finish half of our dinner before we had to rush over to the game, so we packed our food to go. Unfortunately Rogers Arena does not let outside food into their venue...but I told the security guard that this is Antons pasta, I can't just throw this out...his eyes lit up right away fully understanding my situation...he slipped the food past the doors for us and we got to eat Antons pasta at the game :)  AWESOME!

1 hour ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Not exactly info on the game..,.but if you are a pasta fan I love to hit up Antons Pasta Bar before the game, you need to show up early for dinner because the line up gets ridiculous but it's tradition for my wife and I to head to Antons for 4 pm, then head to the game at 7 pm. It's a legendary pasta place in Vancouver. Funny story, we got to Antons late one game day, we could only finish half of our dinner before we had to rush over to the game, so we packed our food to go. Unfortunately Rogers Arena does not let outside food into their venue...but I told the security guard that this is Antons pasta, I can't just throw this out...his eyes lit up right away fully understanding my situation...he slipped the food past the doors for us and we got to eat Antons pasta at the game :)  AWESOME!

Terrible advice...but judge for yourself. 

Antons is quantity over quality. You'll get 3 days worth of left overs, but can find equal quality pasta at Boston Pizza beside the stadiums. Carmelo's in Ambleside or The Italian Kitchen are much, much, much better options for Italian. 

However, seeing how you're coming from the UK, you would enjoy The London Pub and/or Elephant & Castle pub. 

You can find tickets to the Monday October 30 game here: http://www.ticketsnow.com/nhl/resaleorder/dallas-stars-at-vancouver-canucks-tickets-vancouver-bc-10-30-2017/tickets/2147277?segment=nhl

39 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

Terrible advice...but judge for yourself. 

Ok, lol. I have bad taste I guess? It's nostalgic for me too because my dad used to take me there as a kid then go to the PNE after. I think the line ups speak for themselves...unless that's changed over the last couple years!? I'm sure there are other great restaurants too, but I do have good memories there so thought i'd recommend. But thanks for crapping on my post. Cheers :) 

40 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Antons is quantity over quality. You'll get 3 days worth of left overs, but can find equal quality pasta at Boston Pizza beside the stadiums. Carmelo's in Ambleside or The Italian Kitchen are much, much, much better options for Italian. 

However, seeing how you're coming from the UK, you would enjoy The London Pub and/or Elephant & Castle pub. 

You can find tickets to the Monday October 30 game here: http://www.ticketsnow.com/nhl/resaleorder/dallas-stars-at-vancouver-canucks-tickets-vancouver-bc-10-30-2017/tickets/2147277?segment=nhl

I've never been to the London or Elepahnt & Castle Pubs, I live in Victoria so I do love my pubs lol. I'll check em out next time i'm in town. I still think Antons is good, but I don't doubt for a second there are more authentic places to go. The Rogers arena security guard seemed to respect Antons as well, he wasn't letting us in with the food until I told him it was from there lol. Anyways, appreciate the information (even though I know your post was not intended for me). Cheers!

29 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Ok, lol. I have bad taste I guess? It's nostalgic for me too because my dad used to take me there as a kid then go to the PNE after. I think the line ups speak for themselves...unless that's changed over the last couple years!? I'm sure there are other great restaurants too, but I do have good memories there so thought i'd recommend. But thanks for crapping on my post. Cheers :) 

I've never been to the London or Elepahnt & Castle Pubs, I live in Victoria so I do love my pubs lol. I'll check em out next time i'm in town. I still think Antons is good, but I don't doubt for a second there are more authentic places to go. The Rogers arena security guard seemed to respect Antons as well, he wasn't letting us in with the food until I told him it was from there lol. Anyways, appreciate the information (even though I know your post was not intended for me). Cheers!

Antons' has it's reputation for 1) being a staple in that community for so long and 2) all the current SFU Burnaby students and alumni have fond memories of it as you could go there for dinner on a Sunday night and have left overs for Monday and Tuesday, which is very ideal for broke students. And of course nostalgia plays a part in it. If you have good memories of the place, you'll always love it and put it above other places. 

As mentioned above, Anton's has a que only because of portion sizes. Their quality of food is questionable at best. The one time I waited in line the sauce was watery and pasta overcooked. To put it mildly, I gave my leftovers to someone waiting in the line. 

Good hockey food before a game, Fatburger across from Stadium Skytrain. Tacomio down below is also good but not nearly as filling. 

@Atilla Umbrus, I apologize for being curt in my previous response. Texting where I work is frowned upon. 

20 hours ago, Lionized27 said:

As mentioned above, Anton's has a que only because of portion sizes. Their quality of food is questionable at best. The one time I waited in line the sauce was watery and pasta overcooked. To put it mildly, I gave my leftovers to someone waiting in the line. 

Good hockey food before a game, Fatburger across from Stadium Skytrain. Tacomio down below is also good but not nearly as filling. 

@Atilla Umbrus, I apologize for being curt in my previous response. Texting where I work is frowned upon. 

All good, thanks! I shouldn't have been so sensitive lol. Cheers

On 2017-09-22 at 9:59 AM, Attila Umbrus said:

Antons is nice, but I'm always taking some left overs home, too filling, and too good.

Sit about 10 rows up behind one of the nets so you can actually get a sense of the speed and ferocity of the game.

Clubs and sharp projectiles with an element of UFC before the Brazilians changed fighting... and you have hockey.

Try to get behind the net for warmups. 

Try to sit in 108 for the game like I do and you might like it best.

Thanks  elvis15 ... couldn't find that when i looked last week . So looks like i can get a good seat ... 

We do have ice hockey in the UK  .. seen the DEL , Czech and Slovac Teams ..   but the NHL is considered "the " league to watch ,  in my circles anyway ..  watch for the guy on his own ... might be in my Poprad shirt ..

3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Sit about 10 rows up behind one of the nets so you can actually get a sense of the speed and ferocity of the game.

Clubs and sharp projectiles with an element of UFC before the Brazilians changed fighting... and you have hockey.

Try to get behind the net for warmups. 

Try to sit in 108 for the game like I do and you might like it best.

On 22/09/2017 at 5:04 PM, elvis15 said:

On 9/23/2017 at 0:32 AM, elvis15 said:

Why come to Vancouver from England and go to an English style pub? Go to Tacofino, or get sushi, or do anything that makes more sense locally.

I agree. Why on Earth would you come all the way here only to have a crappier version of food you have back home. 

Vancouver has world class sushi. Try that. 

As far as Canucks tickets go, they are really easy to get right now. Unless you are going to a Toronto or Pittsburgh game, you should be able to find them below face value. 

Don't go to any "British" style pubs.  They're awful, nothing like the UK at all.  Don't get me started on the food, ended up at this one place the other week which claimed to serve a traditional Sunday roast.  Not a single roast potato on the plate.  So sad.  

Do you watch UK hockey?  Who's your team?   I'm glad to see the Storm are back.

I've used Stubhub before, it's in USD but it was still cheaper for the lower bowl than the tickets up top.

Bring me some Monster Munch & Vimto please.

10 hours ago, moz said:

Don't go to any "British" style pubs.  They're awful, nothing like the UK at all.  Don't get me started on the food, ended up at this one place the other week which claimed to serve a traditional Sunday roast.  Not a single roast potato on the plate.  So sad.  

Do you watch UK hockey?  Who's your team?   I'm glad to see the Storm are back.

I've used Stubhub before, it's in USD but it was still cheaper for the lower bowl than the tickets up top.

Bring me some Monster Munch & Vimto please.

Trust me i avoid "British" style pubs everywhere ... even in the UK ...lol  . Will be open to as much Canadian style food as possible .

I follow the Sheffield Steelers  , steel dogs and play for 2 rec hockey teams (netminder) ..  Storm back and Guilford and Milton Keynes now in the EIHL too .. 12 teams in total which is quite something ..

Are you allowed to smuggle Monster Munch into Canada ?

Archived