The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rise of far right in Europe

CBH1926

This weekend's election in Germany might bring some changes in the Bundestag.

For the first time ever since WW2, a far right party will most likely get dozens of seats in the parliament.

Years ago parties like NDP, AFD, Swedish Democrats, BNP, Jobbik etc. were fringe parties.

Slowly but surely they are becoming mainstream and gaining more followers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/20/german-election-2017/?utm_term=.b2089975451f

Edited by CBH1926

21 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

This weekend's election in Germany might bring some changes in the Bundestag.

For the first time ever since WW2, a far right party will most likely get dozens of seats in the parliament.

Years ago parties like NDP, AFD, Swedish Democrats, BNP, Jobbik etc. were fringe parties.

Slowly but surely they are becoming mainstream and gaining more followers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/09/20/german-election-2017/?utm_term=.b2089975451f

Sad but true.

28 minutes ago, joe-max said:

Dare to explain? I haven't noticed myself, but it sounds interesting.

Black Pigeon Speaks has a pretty good Youtube channel on a lot of this stuff. That should get you started, I guess. I don't want to go too much into it though on the CDC forums. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Germany is fine. Yes, I wish the parties in the Bundestag had a tad more variety in their programmes, but in comparison to most of the rest of the world, Germany is doing pretty fine. Economy is flourishing and problems with refugees are mostly exaggerated, especially by right-wing non-mainstream media. SPD (Social Democratic Party of Germany) is starting to change their programme a bit more towards the left to differentiate themselves from the CDU (Christian Democratic Union, Merkel's party), also the FDP (Free Democratic Party, basically economic liberalists) will likely be back in the Bundestag after missing out on the last election. 

CDU will probably win again by a considerable margin before the SPD. AfD (Alternative for Germany, new right wing party) will not be in a government coalition as no party wants anything to do with them.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Rounoush said:

Black Pigeon Speaks has a pretty good Youtube channel on a lot of this stuff. That should get you started, I guess. I don't want to go too much into it though on the CDC forums. :lol:

Why not? By all means you are free to express your thoughts on this forum. Just like I think the fact that your are recommending a YouTube channel as a source to be completely absurd.

"Black Pigeon Speaks" 

I am sure he thinks he is edgy and he discusses a lot of material that the "MSM refuses to cover". Everything will likely have a healthy dose of anti-Semitic conspiracy peddling, Islamaphobia and sexism. Save yourself the time folks and don't give these scumbags anymore hits.

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Germany is fine. Yes, I wish the parties in the Bundestag had a tad more variety in their programmes, but in comparison to most of the rest of the world, Germany is doing pretty fine. Economy is flourishing and problems with refugees are mostly exaggerated, especially by right-wing non-mainstream media. SPD (Social Democratic Party of Germany) is starting to change their programme a bit more towards the left to differentiate themselves from the CDU (Christian Democratic Union, Merkel's party), also the FDP (Free Democratic Party, basically economic liberalists) will likely be back in the Bundestag after missing out on the last election. 

CDU will probably win again by a considerable margin before the SPD. AfD (Alternative for Germany, new right wing party) will not be in a government coalition as no party wants anything to do with them.

but you'll be taking away many CDC posters basis for most of what they write on this topic with this sensible comment :lol: there's an odd mythology over here in the right-wing that Germany is in ruins over refugees, and Sweden has "destroyed" itself. Its very strange. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but you'll be taking away many CDC posters basis for most of what they write on this topic with this sensible comment :lol: there's an odd mythology over here in the right-wing that Germany is in ruins over refugees, and Sweden has "destroyed" itself. Its very strange. 

How tragic. :(

5 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

More important, is the Bundesliga better than England's Premier league?  :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sad but true.

It's only sad because the parties on the right are so worthless that they give people no choice

But...you might want to udnerstand that the NDP in germany is not the NDP in Canada at either the federal or provincial level.  Seeing as how you've been everywhere and done everything I thought I'd remind you ;)

6 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

I take you live or reside in Germany then?

10 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It's only sad because the parties on the right are so worthless that they give people no choice

But...you might want to udnerstand that the NDP in germany is not the NDP in Canada at either the federal or provincial level.  Seeing as how you've been everywhere and done everything I thought I'd remind you ;)

:lol: thats you champ. I have never been to Germany.

Btw you were the only one who missed the obvious sarcasm. Well done.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

:lol: thats you champ. I have never been to Germany.

Btw you were the only one who missed the obvious sarcasm. Well done.

I didn't miss it.  I ignored it like you do anyone who calls you out and demands information or facts from your...opinions