The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rise of far right in Europe

CBH1926

On 28/09/2017 at 2:41 PM, Lateralus91 said:

I urge you to say that out loudly in a street in Germany. I promise you will get reactions ranging from strange looks to people throwing punches at you. Don't make assumptions about things you have obviously no idea of.

On 28/09/2017 at 2:57 PM, Warhippy said:

As I said before sir

People who've never visited or have never spent any significant amount of time making grand assumptions based on things seen on media outlets with slants or agendas speaking opinion over fact.

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

At the same time one German person doesn't speak for a country the size of Germany. Just like you or I don't speak for a country the size of Canada.

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

As someone who lived in Germany for quite a while, I can say he isn't far off base.  It always surprised (and appalled) me how you could come across that sentiment and similar and that it was said without much "hush hush" about it.   It was far from a person here or there.    I don't know percentages but FAR more than far left or far right wing nuts you come across in Canada - sufficiently common that I would note it to friends/family quite often.

See what I mean hippy

On 9/28/2017 at 10:57 PM, Warhippy said:

As I said before sir

People who've never visited or have never spent any significant amount of time making grand assumptions based on things seen on media outlets with slants or agendas speaking opinion over fact.

And yet you choose to ignore everyone who lives or has lived in Europe and denounced them as quacks, mmmk.

• Upvote 3

It is amazing how German police is unprepared to deal with this situation.

First day of the protest, they were caught off guard, but no excuse for day 2 to be unprepared.

After Charlottesville rally, German media was pating itself on the back, how tough they are on fascist salutes, flags, holocaust denial etc.

Year later, 6000 brown shirts are marching in a country with 1/4th of USA population.

https://www.bild.de/politik/inland/politik-inland/nach-der-schande-von-chemnitz-frau-merkel-das-muss-jetzt-passieren-56932028.bild.html

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/chemnitz-right-wing-riots-enter-second-day-a-1225321.html

https://www.economist.com/kaffeeklatsch/2017/08/13/how-germany-responds-to-blood-and-soil-politics?zid=307&ah=5e80419d1bc9821ebe173f4f0f060a07

Edited by CBH1926

No kidding. Naturally, people take this way too far. This is true of both sides of the aisle. The implied narrative from the left nowadays is that you are not entitled to a country, particularly if you are a white person, and borders are imaginary boundaries so they don't matter. Your ancestors were immigrants so you don't get the right to bitch about federal immigration policies; if your government wants to burden itself and the taxpayer with people it cannot sustain well, people often incompatible with western culture and democracies, then you get to sit there and merely accept it because you were privileged to be born here so again, you don't have a right to complain, and because you are a white person.

Meanwhile the right generally just wants to ban immigration outright because society is looking a little too brown nowadays.

If you can't have a compromise somewhere in the middle then you get anarchy as a result. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2018 at 10:16 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

No kidding. Naturally, people take this way too far. This is true of both sides of the aisle. The implied narrative from the left nowadays is that you are not entitled to a country, particularly if you are a white person, and borders are imaginary boundaries so they don't matter. Your ancestors were immigrants so you don't get the right to bitch about federal immigration policies; if your government wants to burden itself and the taxpayer with people it cannot sustain well, people often incompatible with western culture and democracies, then you get to sit there and merely accept it because you were privileged to be born here so again, you don't have a right to complain, and because you are a white person.

Meanwhile the right generally just wants to ban immigration outright because society is looking a little too brown nowadays.

If you can't have a compromise somewhere in the middle then you get anarchy as a result. 

When you open your door you get all kinds of people like these “minors” from who knows where.

Idiotic liberal immigration policies, are bringing far right into power across Europe.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43498151

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-refugee-sentenced-to-8-years-and-6-months-for-teen-murder/a-45329347

On 2018-08-29 at 9:16 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

The CpC brought in more immigrants than any government before it. I'm not going to argue if it was done responsibly just pointing out there are different "right wing" imo. 

Ahead of May elections for the European Parliament, right wing parties have created European right wing bloc.

Germany, Italy, France, Austria, Denmark, Finland etc. have joined this group headed by Matteo Salvini.

This bloc has a chance to be 2nd largest in 705 seat European Parliament.

https://www.dw.com/en/frances-far-right-national-rally-joins-salvinis-european-alliance/a-48411442

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 8:16 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

Well as a staunch statist ( though not an absolute statist), i clearly think that the bolded part is worse of the two ideologies TBH. 

46 minutes ago, canuckistani said:

Well as a staunch statist ( though not an absolute statist), i clearly think that the bolded part is worse of the two ideologies TBH. 

And it is quite the thing to say to begin with. 

I think it is closer to the truth to say that tax paying citizens don’t want to pay for 3rd world immigrants, brown, Blue, whatever.

I did not invite this mass immigration policy nor do I expect to pay for it.

Really, what is this...? 

Is this a concern about skin colour? 

I think maybe it’s a bit more complex than a racist label...

Why must I fork out money for this stuff?

These are competitors for my resources. Of course I should react in kind. 

Not my memes, of course, just randoms, but I get the sentiment. Is there any merit in asking such a question as these do, below? 

81E033B2-487E-4E6D-BC99-75F8D4CD59B2.jpeg.f690bfc894f442d57be28fb178ce0d21.jpeg

E4CA3C3E-6237-40CE-977C-14A89D1BB43D.jpeg.9820cff0a144004da8e10c788ec7a2f3.jpeg

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

And it is quite the thing to say to begin with. 

I think it is closer to the truth to say that tax paying citizens don’t want to pay for 3rd world immigrants, brown, Blue, whatever.

I did not invite this mass immigration policy nor do I expect to pay for it.

1. The bolded premise is a false premise. It is a proven fact that legal immigrants in almost all western nations ( including Canada) show significantly higher median income, education and employment level, especiall after the first 24 months of adjustment ( regarding higher median income). You are not paying for the legal immigrants. If anything, its the legal immigrants by and large paying for the lazy westerner bottom of the rung folks, just like the functional western society members. Aka, lessening your load.

2. Your invitation is not required. This is not a direct democracy, the government is not beholden to you personally to form policies. It needs to reflect objective goals and/or democratic will sans BS propaganda like the one highlighted. 

Really, what is this...? 

Is this a concern about skin colour? 

I think maybe it’s a bit more complex than a racist label...

Why must I fork out money for this stuff?

These are competitors for my resources. Of course I should react in kind. 

Not my memes, of course, just randoms, but I get the sentiment. Is there any merit in asking such a question as these do, below? 

81E033B2-487E-4E6D-BC99-75F8D4CD59B2.jpeg.f690bfc894f442d57be28fb178ce0d21.jpeg

1. Irrelevant to Canada. 

2. This is anti-men discrimination. Migrant workers + immigrants decisively tend to be male. Taking a snap-shot of a unique European fail or a plane full of workers from Phillipines etc. is hardly unbiassed. 

E4CA3C3E-6237-40CE-977C-14A89D1BB43D.jpeg.9820cff0a144004da8e10c788ec7a2f3.jpeg

Irrelevant to Canada and irrelevant to immigration. 

Brown skinned people are also Indians, SE Asians, Latinos.  Even if anti-Islam is considered, there is zero justification towards 'country is turning too brown' in regards to Latinos, Indians, SE Asians, etc. If anything, it brings superior food, dance, etc. to the scene than what is already present in today's society.

7 hours ago, canuckistani said:

1. The bolded premise is a false premise. It is a proven fact that legal immigrants in almost all western nations ( including Canada) show significantly higher median income, education and employment level, especiall after the first 24 months of adjustment ( regarding higher median income). You are not paying for the legal immigrants. If anything, its the legal immigrants by and large paying for the lazy westerner bottom of the rung folks, just like the functional western society members. Aka, lessening your load.

2. Your invitation is not required. This is not a direct democracy, the government is not beholden to you personally to form policies. It needs to reflect objective goals and/or democratic will sans BS propaganda like the one highlighted. 

1. Irrelevant to Canada. 

2. This is anti-men discrimination. Migrant workers + immigrants decisively tend to be male. Taking a snap-shot of a unique European fail or a plane full of workers from Phillipines etc. is hardly unbiassed. 

Irrelevant to Canada and irrelevant to immigration. 

Brown skinned people are also Indians, SE Asians, Latinos.  Even if anti-Islam is considered, there is zero justification towards 'country is turning too brown' in regards to Latinos, Indians, SE Asians, etc. If anything, it brings superior food, dance, etc. to the scene than what is already present in today's society.

If western white people are so worried about their countries becoming too brown then why do these very white peoples spend billions trying to brown themselves by tanning?  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Which $@&£?

Random images with no source or context overlaid with text designed to agitate and evoke negative emotions towards certain groups of people. 

It’s garbage. But eat it up, it’s your life. 

5 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

Random images with no source or context overlaid with text designed to agitate and evoke negative emotions towards certain groups of people. 

yeah thats one of the worst memes I've seen posted on CDC. Its just flat out misleading and that other word..... c'mon @189lb enforcers? you can do better than  that stuff. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

I appreciate your humour.  

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah thats one of the worst memes I've seen posted on CDC. Its just flat out misleading and that other word..... c'mon @189lb enforcers? you can do better than  that stuff. 

I think it’s on topic.  The thread is about why some Euro people are voting so far right.  Maybe those voters actually see what 189 posted?  Yes it’s disturbing to for us; we don’t think like that.  However,  it might be accurate for too many people.  

Now how do we change those who do see things that way to think more like us?   

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This is the kind of crap I’d expect to see at The_Donald.