The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rise of far right in Europe

CBH1926

On 5/27/2019 at 10:54 PM, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’m skeptical of almost all sources of government-collected and distributed data on these subjects. I am fully aware of the depth of the social engineering happening. 

I will not argue with someone who thinks CNN is a reputable source of ‘information’. It’s not that I am on the side of Fox, either. None of them is closer to the truth. 

We could try to engage actual European stakeholders who have a first-hand perspective on these things. 

Have you seen seen current footage of the streets of some of the iconic Europeans cities or their transit stations, etc? 

Hear from the indigenous residents about their stories? 

There appears to be a very different reality portrayed in the media than these people and footage suggests. 

You could but then you'd only get second hand accounts of people who share their liberal biases.

By JM:

"

I don't know that you can, but lets just not let it get so out of hand that we make policy or do something as utterly dense as Brexit. 

The meme says "I see invaders" - well I see "construction workers" so unless you want to start going with child labour yeah you're going to see migrant men go in groups to find work. Its been like that in the west for over 100 years. Men travel where the work is, but now thats supposed to be seen as an "invasion"? Its perverse. 

"

That's the funny bit though, people on this forum have no real insight in how the European economic and labour model works, immigrant men can't just find a construction job. Unlike North America we actually have a strict building code where roofs don't fly off houses in the middle of a mild storm, and finding the right labour for that kind of work isn't lined up at the front of the nearest home depot.

The fact of the matter is, and I somewhat agree with what Canuckistani wrote, is that you give these people something to hope for then you won't get the segregation, at least that's kind of how I understand it. The problem however is two-fold, neo liberal policies have increased the wealth divide even more, and these weren't enacted by immigrant hostile political parties, they view them as a cheap labour force, but as a culture I think many act like entitled children. Now you can call me racist for saying s--- like that, but I don't disagree with their viewpoint, no one wants to clean toilets for a living, but that is pretty much  what the neo-liberal political parties of Europe have brought them here to do, because you can't possibly have a labour shortage and have companies actually competing for labour, that would be terrible letting wages organically be in favour of the average worker again.

The thing about the right in Sweden is it's more secular in nature, for example it's third highest member was a jewish woman until she stepped down recently, and the most prominent right wing journalist is an immigrant female. The far right here wants more of a system of what Canada has, not everyone that comes here should get a free ride, families and whatnot should have to support their family members that they bring later etc, I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

Edited by canuckster19
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

The far right... what the f does that even mean today?

Far from what ‘Centre’, exactly? 

I can’t even watch Netflix without recognizing an attempt of sublime indoctrination about something. 

Critical thinking appears absent from normal discussion and has been replaced with slogans and weaponized words. Even genetics is too political to state objective fact. I don’t know what to make of how easily people swallow things or why they are so willing to be PC, no matter the implications. Wish I knew how to deal with it all. 

You are so bang on. Individual liberty is what is being lost during this epidemic. Not many questions asked. When previous 'truths' are proven otherwise their is no consequences or even a lot of concern by most people. 

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I can’t even watch Netflix without recognizing an attempt of sublime indoctrination about something. 

Critical thinking appears absent from normal discussion and has been replaced with slogans and weaponized words. Even genetics is too political to state objective fact. I don’t know what to make of how easily people swallow things or why they are so willing to be PC, no matter the implications. Wish I knew how to deal with it all. 

Maybe it shouldn't be called anything political anymore. 

Just label it hate, regardless of sides. As the article I posted to bump this thread, it mentioned a kid that is 13 promoting the idea to hurt and kill people tied to some outdated ideology. So it seems that there are real weaponized words available to any that look to find them on in this, too much misinformation age. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It's far easier to just slap labels on people you disagree with and it's up to those people to "prove you wrong".  But how can you every prove something that doesn't exist?

What I do like watching/reading are from those who otherwise be labelled as extremists, bigots, etc.... except they're experts in their field and belong to an "oppressed" group (non-white male).  Joe Rogan's interview with Dr. Debra Soh would be a good one.  

One is a bit more extreme, but Jared Taylor is pretty good.  He's a race-realist.... whether that's racist is dependent on personal opinion.  But the video I enjoy the most is when he is interviewed by Japanese TV and he's conversing in fluent Japanese.  I think his interviewer and the show hosts were more or less in agreement with many of his perspectives.  

Just some random things I've stumbled across.... Alessandra Mussolini, the granddaughter of Benito Mussolini, currently an Italian nationalist MEP... released a JPOP album during the 1980's, in Japanese.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

The thing too is, the media here for whatever reason likes to pander to immigrants, whether that is out of fear of another Charlie Hebdo or something I don't know but the fact remains if you didn't cover up their misdeeds, the far right would have been less likely to get the foothold they have in Europe, but it's exactly what the media started doing 100 years ago so who exactly is surprised?

If people wonder why no one trusts Labour, remember, this happened on their watch.

Edited by canuckster19

11 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

The thing too is, the media here for whatever reason likes to pander to immigrants, whether that is out of fear of another Charlie Hebdo or something I don't know but the fact remains if you didn't cover up their misdeeds, the far right would have been less likely to get the foothold they have in Europe, but it's exactly what the media started doing 100 years ago so who exactly is surprised?

If people wonder why no one trusts Labour, remember, this happened on their watch.

Disgusting. 
I had some sad battles in this forum over this.

Was called a hater, a racist, a bigot and whatever else. 

Those threads should be dug back up today.