• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Sign in to follow this  
nitti999

[Discussion] Please stop the Sedins with Gagne

This line makes zero zero zero sense even in the power play. All passers. It is absolutely stupid. Why ?????? What is the thinking process here at all.  

• Upvote 2

Wish they'd give Sutter another shot there to rack up some points so we could find a trade partner for him.

Goldy and a 4th for Hansen ?

Becomes a first if we win the cup...

Edited by nickels

before the mod lock comes i'll just say that they could be a very solid possession line and Gagner has actually scored goals in his career. And hey, at least its not Megna. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

before the mod lock comes i'll just say that they could be a very solid possession line and Gagner has actually scored goals in his career. And hey, at least its not Megna

Or Chaput. 

• Upvote 2

It's pre-season for a reason, You experiment with line combo's, chill out mang.

• Upvote 1

Everything is transitory. Most players don't stay on the same line all season.

I also find it amusing how so many people (not you in particular) keep forgetting to put an "R" at the end of "Gagner". It's not as if his name is on the back of his jersey or something.

• Upvote 1

Putting a skilled player, who shoots right handed, and scored 50 points last year on the right wing of our top line makes no sense? 

Huh, that's news to me. Someone call up Megna, the kid needs to start prepping again.

Preseason is a good time to try some things. Test the waters. Similar to Granny playing center again.

I can tell this is going to be a new pet peeve of mine.

*Gagner

I thought coach Green said he wanted to see how they would do and isn't preseason games to do jus that. Not even regular games and people get overzealous with their pitchforks lol

It is time to split the twins

baertchi,horvat,gagner

eriksson,Henrik,boeser

daniel,granlund,vanek(Rodin)

dorsett,Sutter,burmistrov

with more cuts we will soon see what the lines will look like, from two squads made sense but not for long term so stop worrying

to many freak out it is not even season start so wow just relax

• Upvote 1

I remember there was lots of talk around us bringing in Simon Gagne... back in the Naslund days... 

He's retired though isn't he?

2 hours ago, apollo said:

I remember there was lots of talk around us bringing in Simon Gagne... back in the Naslund days... 

He's retired though isn't he?

He is. Perhaps the Sedins have been secretly practicing with him and Nitti is the only one that knows about it

• Upvote 1

Why not this man instead?  On paper he's a solid line-mate option for the Twins, someone accustomed to playing with skilled Euros, with a good right-handed shot and size to work in front of the net and good hands to tip.