The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Who are our starting 8 dmen at the end of October?

J.I.A.H.N

Who are the Canuck Dmen at the end of OCT - No injuries  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Discussion] Who are our starting 8 dmen at the end of October?
18 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Babych - Ohlund

Mitchell - Jovanovski

Lumme - Tallon

Salo - Tanev

That’s hilarious because it’s probably our best D lineup of all time.... think about that, 47 years and that’s our best all time D lineup :frantic:

I'll echo a couple of others. Where's Pedan? He's been playing rather well, seeing around the most even str time and much PK time (although no PP time) of the JV players. I'd take him in the top 8, and send Biega down so that all the JV defensemen get to learn from a "seasoned" player. McEneny was sent down, and I haven't heard of him getting claimed.

8 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Safe isn't exactly a big plus.

But don't forget McEneny, who requires waivers this year. He's less likely to clear than Biega so I would say he and Weircioch are the 7 and 8. There's also Holm in the mix so we don't have to rush Chatfield, but otherwise I'd guess just what Jimmy McGill has:

Edler Stecher

Hutton Tanev

Del Zotto Gudbranson

FWIW the Canucks sent down more players today.

On D, McEneny, Subban, Sautner, Irving

Forwards, Carcone, LaPlant, MacEwen, Molino, D'Aoust, McKenzie

9 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Babych - Ohlund

Mitchell - Jovanovski

Lumme - Tallon

Salo - Tanev

8 hours ago, Stelar said:

That’s hilarious because it’s probably our best D lineup of all time.... think about that, 47 years and that’s our best all time D lineup :frantic:

This is really puts reality into perspective, we have never had a true number 1 D.  

Geez, we really need Joulevi to pan out or to win the lottery this year for you know who....

As far as # 7 and 8 go, I haven't seen anyone really do anything to demonstrate that the would be ousting the two guys on NHL contracts, i.e Wiercoich and Biega. Albeit, honourable mention goes to Chatfield but a year of seasoning in Utica should help him.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:45 PM, GarthButcher5 said:

As far as # 7 and 8 go, I haven't seen anyone really do anything to demonstrate that the would be ousting the two guys on NHL contracts, i.e Wiercoich and Biega. Albeit, honourable mention goes to Chatfield but a year of seasoning in Utica should help him.

One thing with Biega is when he gets a turn on the 4th line it's always fireworks when Bulldog hustles for those great body checks.

On 2017-09-23 at 8:17 AM, hlaevang said:

Okay I will bite...

1st - Edler and Stecher

2nd - Hutton with Gudbranson (they were starting to develop some good chemistry before Guddy went down for the season)

3rd - Del Zotto and Tanev

Your extra two D are likely to be Wiercioch and Chatfield. Jalen has played exceptionally well and I could see him getting his shot at the bigtime.

Damn, thats almost $8mil on the bottom D-pairing. 11% of the total salary cap.

Archived