The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 23, 2017 (All cleared)

Looks like a lot of journeymen and goalies but none really seem to have a wow factor to make me think that they are a huge improvement over what the Canucks are currently working with.

I think there will be a lot of better players still to come when teams have to make the hard decisions and the Canucks are one of those teams

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Another shot at Granberg, but Edler won't be here much longer.  Rather keep McEneny.  Granberg could become the D version of Boucher -- bandied about over the waiver wire.

With McEneny being assigned to Utica doesn't he now have to clear waivers? 

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya i dont really wanna lose this kid  mind boggling we  get prospects a d throw them away like corrado weird 

to be brutally honest tho Frankie wasn't very good. We may see him on the wire again this year from the Pens. Losing some guys to waivers sucks, but its also a sign of growing depth of talent (usually anyway).

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

to be brutally honest tho Frankie wasn't very good. We may see him on the wire again this year from the Pens. Losing some guys to waivers sucks, but its also a sign of growing depth of talent (usually anyway).

ya but why develop a good prospect  so you  can throw them away it isnt good asset management. Plus keeping vets that arent doing the job their salary pays them isnt good asset managment sutter at 4.5 mill or gaunce and burmistrov combined 1.7 mill contracts   youngsters win in my book  benning needs to trim the fat (sutter, eriksson, tanev, edler) should all be traded  sedins def shouldnot be resigned until end of yr and no more than 2 m each otherwise let them sign somewhere else

7 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

ya but why develop a good prospect  so you  can throw them away it isnt good asset management. Plus keeping vets that arent doing the job their salary pays them isnt good asset managment sutter at 4.5 mill or gaunce and burmistrov combined 1.7 mill contracts   youngsters win in my book  benning needs to trim the fat (sutter, eriksson, tanev, edler) should all be traded  sedins def shouldnot be resigned until end of yr and no more than 2 m each otherwise let them sign somewhere else

because you have to develop them for a while before you know if they are any good. Thats why so many picks never make it, even 1/2 of 1st round picks don't end up having long careers. 

you can only be a seller if there's a buyer, and I'm sure Jim would have loved to have gotten anything for Frank. I guess Jim figured Clendenning was the better bet and thats probably going to turn out to be true. 

Sutter might be a bit overpaid compared to his peers but he is the only shut down 3C we have right now. I think in 2 seasons all the veteran guys you mentioned could be gone. 

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

Dal Colle got sent down to ahl

thats an early cut for the 5th overall pick who got pick one ahead of virtanen 

Still yet to play an nhl game. Now that’s a bust. 

Funny how he always gets overlooked... but when it comes to Virtanen (because he's a Canuck), the whole league laughs at us for picking him at 6

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

not sure isnt he on entry level contract still 

yes he has to clear waivers as does Pedan, both guys would be claimed.....Pedan is interesting as he has paid 750,000 salary in minors or NHL.. Might stop teams that are close to cap from claiming him..Benning did same style of contract with Boucher..

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

Really need to move Sutter,  Edler would be a good player for a contender as #3 D man on most teams..Trade Sutter for young prospect as we can replace him...

Archived