• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
-Vintage Canuck-

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 23, 2017 (All cleared)

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Dal Colle got sent down to ahl

thats an early cut for the 5th overall pick who got pick one ahead of virtanen 

Still yet to play an nhl game. Now that’s a bust. 

If you thought the reaction to Virtanen now was bad imagine if he had yet to play in the NHL?

5 hours ago, billabong said:

Dal Colle got sent down to ahl

thats an early cut for the 5th overall pick who got pick one ahead of virtanen 

Still yet to play an nhl game. Now that’s a bust. 

Well not a bust yet, we all preach here about development and I'm sure the Islanders are not rushing him. A quick DB check has him with 41 points in 75 AHL games.

Just saying.

Edited by 6string
AHL

Never thought I'd see Labrie's name again.

Nice to hear about McEneny though!

14 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Update:

great explanation and good news. 

14 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Update:

Woohoo! This just made my day! Was worried we might lose McEneny but so stoked we won't.

We always stress about losing the most fringe players to waivers and they almost never get picked up.

Every team has a Pedan and it isn't like they are slavering over the thought of him.

On the other side, we "probably" have enough lower end depth that picking up a waiver guy won't make a lot of sense of us.

Vegas is probably going to have a waive a legitimate NHL defenseman or two and Colorado is the only team ahead of us for claims.

I can see a future where the AHL will be like a retirement league for NHL players.

16 minutes ago, smokes said:

I can see a future where the AHL will be like a retirement league for NHL players.

It can't be due to the roster rules.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:29 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Anders Lindback would be an interesting claim to make - could try to rehabilitate him in ECHL.   It would be unique for Vancouver to have a 6'6" Swedish goalie in the system :P  

We have to keep him with the main club, or put him on waivers again ourselves to re-assign him. If no one picks him up, his original team has the option of picking him back up for their minor league squad.

I would have thought you would have known?

51 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

We have to keep him with the main club, or put him on waivers again ourselves to re-assign him. If no one picks him up, his original team has the option of picking him back up for their minor league squad.

I would have thought you would have known?

It was a poor attempt at a joke - the whole "get another 6'6" Swedish goalie thing.    

23 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It was a poor attempt at a joke - the whole "get another 6'6" Swedish goalie thing.    

Oh I liked the joke part. 

I thought you were half serious about what tod (ECHL) with him once he was our property if claimed.

Gudlevskis was also on waivers. I thought he was the most interesting of all guys at the back of the milk truck.

Just now, Canuck Surfer said:

Oh I liked the joke part. 

I thought you were half serious about what tod (ECHL) with him once he was our property if claimed.

Gudlevskis was also on waivers. I thought he was the most interesting of all guys at the back of the milk truck.

It was a pretty bare truck in general - not sure anyone really worth waiving a current contract for.