The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 18 players - Sept. 23, 2017 (All cleared)

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Dal Colle got sent down to ahl

thats an early cut for the 5th overall pick who got pick one ahead of virtanen 

Still yet to play an nhl game. Now that’s a bust. 

If you thought the reaction to Virtanen now was bad imagine if he had yet to play in the NHL?

5 hours ago, billabong said:

Dal Colle got sent down to ahl

thats an early cut for the 5th overall pick who got pick one ahead of virtanen 

Still yet to play an nhl game. Now that’s a bust. 

Well not a bust yet, we all preach here about development and I'm sure the Islanders are not rushing him. A quick DB check has him with 41 points in 75 AHL games.

Just saying.

We always stress about losing the most fringe players to waivers and they almost never get picked up.

Every team has a Pedan and it isn't like they are slavering over the thought of him.

On the other side, we "probably" have enough lower end depth that picking up a waiver guy won't make a lot of sense of us.

Vegas is probably going to have a waive a legitimate NHL defenseman or two and Colorado is the only team ahead of us for claims.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:29 AM, Rob_Zepp said:

Anders Lindback would be an interesting claim to make - could try to rehabilitate him in ECHL.   It would be unique for Vancouver to have a 6'6" Swedish goalie in the system :P  

We have to keep him with the main club, or put him on waivers again ourselves to re-assign him. If no one picks him up, his original team has the option of picking him back up for their minor league squad.

I would have thought you would have known?

51 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

We have to keep him with the main club, or put him on waivers again ourselves to re-assign him. If no one picks him up, his original team has the option of picking him back up for their minor league squad.

I would have thought you would have known?

It was a poor attempt at a joke - the whole "get another 6'6" Swedish goalie thing.    

23 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

It was a poor attempt at a joke - the whole "get another 6'6" Swedish goalie thing.    

Oh I liked the joke part. 

I thought you were half serious about what tod (ECHL) with him once he was our property if claimed.

Gudlevskis was also on waivers. I thought he was the most interesting of all guys at the back of the milk truck.

Just now, Canuck Surfer said:

Oh I liked the joke part. 

I thought you were half serious about what tod (ECHL) with him once he was our property if claimed.

Gudlevskis was also on waivers. I thought he was the most interesting of all guys at the back of the milk truck.

It was a pretty bare truck in general - not sure anyone really worth waiving a current contract for.

Archived