• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   
Hsh

[Proposal] Couple of moves

If Holm and Joulevi are ready and with Subban as a call up

To MTL

-B. Hutton

To Van

- 2018 hawks second round pick

- J. Benn

A. Edler, C. Tanev

M. Del Zotto, E. Gudbranson

Jo. Benn, T. Stecher 

extras: Wiercoch, Joulevi/holm

thoughts

Edited by Hsh

3 hours ago, Hsh said:

To MTL

-B. Hutton

To Van

- W. Bitten

A. Edler, C. Tanev

P. Holm, T. Stecher 

extras: Wiercoch, Joulevi

thoughts

tenor.gif

I don't think Holm has looked good in one game so far, at least not enough to trade someone. Juolevi needs another year of development, preferably with Salo. 

8 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I don't think Holm has looked good in one game so far, at least not enough to trade someone. Juolevi needs another year of development, preferably with Salo. 

I was at the first pre-season game and I thought Holm did some pretty cool stuff in that game and I had zero idea who he even was. . .  Couple of shots of his got through I think and one hit the cross bar and one the post.

19 hours ago, Hsh said:

To MTL

-B. Hutton

To Van

- J. Benn

A. Edler, C. Tanev

Jo. Benn, T. Stecher 

thoughts

Hutton has looked better than most our D so far in the preseason.

I don't understand why we would trade a young defenseman for a vet and a 2nd rounder that may or may not even turn into a Hutton caliber player. 

Guddy would be the first to go. It was already confirmed earlier this month that he was part of the phantom Demers trade offer. 

Personally I like our D but i still feel we need a true number 1for the future core, fingers crossed....Joulevi.

"Couple moves".....

So what's the 2nd move ?

22 hours ago, Hsh said:

To MTL

-B. Hutton

To Van

- J. Benn

A. Edler, C. Tanev

Jo. Benn, T. Stecher 

thoughts

If Joulevi is ready I'm Brad Pitt's brother Arm.

Holm has a hell of a shot but needs to adapt to playing defense in NA so he has some seasoning to do in Utica. OJ is likely going to play in junior or Europe this year and I think Chatfield is ahead of Subban in depth now but all of these are mute points because another d-man is the return along with a draft pick.

I think I would be inclined to keep Hutton simply based on his age alone. I think he will have a solid bounce back year this year and we will be glad we kept him. A bonadie 24 yo NHL player on his way up (hopefully) is better than a bit of a journeyman and a draft pick imo.