The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 22 players - Sept. 24, 2017 (All cleared)

1 hour ago, canuktravella said:

hutcinson  is a sieve  are u kidding me

I agree, Hutchinson is not great.

However, his career save percentage of .910 and GAA of 2.63 are both less than Jacob Markstrom's, and he's cheaper.

Not saying Hutch is an answer for any team, but if he's a sieve...

30 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Kerdiles is the type of player to take a chance on. He is only 23. I'd claim him had the Canucks not signed so many depth guys. I suspect Kerdiles could end up in Colorado.

Kerdiles got waived over Jared Boll. I wouldn't put much stock in him.

8 hours ago, Monty said:

I agree, Hutchinson is not great.

However, his career save percentage of .910 and GAA of 2.63 are both less than Jacob Markstrom's, and he's cheaper.

Not saying Hutch is an answer for any team, but if he's a sieve...

His win % and save % are > than markstrom while his gaa is less. He's a better goalie in every stat that counts as a goalie. But I agree. He should probably be a career backup and markstrom should probably be further down the depth charts than him. 

8 hours ago, Quantum said:

Kerdiles is the type of player to take a chance on. He is only 23. I'd claim him had the Canucks not signed so many depth guys. I suspect Kerdiles could end up in Colorado.

I would think Colorado would be watching closely for d-men. They only have three legitimate d-men signed and a few others with limited experience or a sketchy track record.

Maybe McBain or Blunden would interest Sakic but they seem to think they will trade Duchesne and magically inherit some other team's future for him. But also something is going to have to give with the 11 NHL d-men on Vegas' roster.

Archived