The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 22 players - Sept. 24, 2017 (All cleared)

5 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I would think Colorado would be watching closely for d-men. They only have three legitimate d-men signed and a few others with limited experience or a sketchy track record.

Maybe McBain or Blunden would interest Sakic but they seem to think they will trade Duchesne and magically inherit some other team's future for him. But also something is going to have to give with the 11 NHL d-men on Vegas' roster.

I bet Colorado ends up snagging Sbisa off waivers... Maybe even a 2nd Vegas D as well.

They're first in line for a waivers claim, with no hope of winning anything, so there's no reason for them to trade assets for D.

19 hours ago, Monty said:

I agree, Hutchinson is not great.

However, his career save percentage of .910 and GAA of 2.63 are both less than Jacob Markstrom's, and he's cheaper.

Not saying Hutch is an answer for any team, but if he's a sieve...

Would have been interesting to see Hutchinson get the job over Hellebuyck. The Jets would have had two right hand catching goalies in their lineup, that probably would have been a first. 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] 22 players - Sept. 24, 2017 (All cleared)
On 9/24/2017 at 5:51 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

giphy.gif

For the last few years in EASHL, my player name has been "Ranier Wolfcastle", and my play-by-play "McBain". Made him look like him (as much as I could) too.

At this rate, Jamie will retire soon, which will ruin everything!

Archived