The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Would you won't you Tampa/Vancouver

Warhippy

No secret, all last year I had serious wood for Callan Foote.  Kicked myself hard watching Tampa pick him then grabbing Sergachev shortly after.

So knowing that we've some cap space, knowing Nolan Foote is a possible top 5 pick next year and knowing Tampa needs some cap space moving forward

Ryan Callahan and Callan Foote

for

Dorsett, Subban 2018 5th and 2019 2nd.

Reasoning...Tampa needs space, that Callahan contract is a frigging anchor and unless Stralman goes sooner than later Foote will be wating a long long time behind a stacked blue line.  Gives them extra picks, cap space etc.  Gives us Cal Foote and ensures we've a quality dman in the wings with size and all we're really giving up is a pick and eating cap space.

G'head.  Flame away or revise.  I'm at work and broed to tears.

9 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No secret, all last year I had serious wood for Callan Foote.  Kicked myself hard watching Tampa pick him then grabbing Sergachev shortly after.

So knowing that we've some cap space, knowing Nolan Foote is a possible top 5 pick next year and knowing Tampa needs some cap space moving forward

for

Reasoning...Tampa needs space, that Callahan contract is a frigging anchor and unless Stralman goes sooner than later Foote will be wating a long long time behind a stacked blue line.  Gives them extra picks, cap space etc.  Gives us Cal Foote and ensures we've a quality dman in the wings with size and all we're really giving up is a pick and eating cap space.

Last thing Tampa wants to move is a big physical dman who can play defense for a smaller wreck in his own zone. They might consider It if another d prospect was in place. But we already have a contract anchor of our own in Loui not to keen on adding another

One reason to think about it is he has a buyout friendly contract - see below.

But lets go bigger, lets make it Guddy, Dorsett, 2019 2nd for Foote , RC and Tampa's 1st rounder. 

Buyout Details

SEASON SALARY INITIAL CAP HIT ACTUAL COST SAVINGS BUYOUT CAP HIT
2018-19 $4,700,000 $5,800,000 $1,566,667 $3,133,333 $2,666,667
2019-20 $4,700,000 $5,800,000 $1,566,667 $3,133,333 $2,666,667
2020-21 $0 $0 $1,566,667 -$1,566,667 $1,566,667
2021-22 $0 $0 $1,566,667 -$1,566,667 $1,566,667

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

for

No flaming but don't believe Canucks should trade any draft picks unless it is in a package for a generational player or a top 3 pick.   When you are re-establishing your cupboard, draft picks are vitally important.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

One reason to think about it is he has a buyout friendly contract - see below.

But lets go bigger, lets make it Guddy, Dorsett, 2019 2nd for Foote , RC and Tampa's 1st rounder. 

Buyout Details

SEASON SALARY INITIAL CAP HIT ACTUAL COST SAVINGS BUYOUT CAP HIT
2018-19 $4,700,000 $5,800,000 $1,566,667 $3,133,333 $2,666,667
2019-20 $4,700,000 $5,800,000 $1,566,667 $3,133,333 $2,666,667
2020-21 $0 $0 $1,566,667 -$1,566,667 $1,566,667
2021-22 $0 $0 $1,566,667 -$1,566,667 $1,566,667

Bingo!

If anything we're giving to much

43 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

No flaming but don't believe Canucks should trade any draft picks unless it is in a package for a generational player or a top 3 pick.   When you are re-establishing your cupboard, draft picks are vitally important.

It's a 5th and 2nd in varying years for what I feel is a highly underrated gem of a damn

If anything is say we're giving too much

54 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Swap out Subban with Brisebois and then they might consider. (not saying id trade brisebois)

I dont know man...that 5.8 million is a huge anchor and possibly yzermans only real mistake as gm

Getting out of that would be worth it as we've seen repeatedly over the last 3 years with teams paying a premium to dump cap

3 minutes ago, Patrick Kane. said:

I don't see any reason why Tampa would do this. 

Cap space.   They've a number of players due raises soon and not much space to work with.

Lose a prospect and tough contract now or be forced to make losing trades later ensuring the loss of a few pieces of youth over 1.

2 seasons ago nobody could see then seeing D'Angelo out either and....

46 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I dont know man...that 5.8 million is a huge anchor and possibly yzermans only real mistake as gm

Getting out of that would be worth it as we've seen repeatedly over the last 3 years with teams paying a premium to dump cap

In that case, shouldn't they be adding more? Would love for us to snag Mathieu Joseph or get their 1st rounder of this years and the 2018 2nd rounder of Washington's that they have. 

But unfortunately, we'd probably have to off-load one of our veterans to make room for Callahan which will be very tough to do. So I don't really know how this trade is going to work out. I think we have only $2M of cap space. 

Archived