The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Would you won't you Tampa/Vancouver

Warhippy

11 hours ago, BI3KSA- said:

Came off of a neck surgery to fix a nagging problem he's had for the better part of a decade. There is no reason to expect him to make anything less than a full recovery. That doesnt reduce his value at all, but if we're going to speculate I'd say there is just as good or better of a chance he comes back better than he has been in a very long time after fixing this long time injury than there is he comes back worse. 

The age of  their core has absolutely zero barring on whether or not they are in win now mode or not. Edmontons core is even younger and theyre already at the point where they are likely to risk a pick here or there and make some moves to try to win now. 

Foote isnt making the team this year. No way a team as good as Tampa rushes a defensive prospect for no reason. 

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/derek-dorsett-talks-injury/t-277437438/c-47638503

That's Dorsett talking about the injury. It had no effect on his game until last season. He didn't even realize there was an issue until his arms started going numb in October of last year. I can't believe you actually tried to say this is an issue that's plagued him for a decade!

You say Edmonton is going to start trading draft picks to go all in eh? Are they going to try to acquire Dorsett off of us as well? Perhaps we can get a bidding war going between Tampa and Edmonton for Dorsett. I never knew that wingers that have 20 points in the last 2 seasons combined had a lot of value but you say he does so it must be true

And no I didn't say Foote will be playing in the nhl this year. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see him get some call ups next year before playing full time the year after.

On 10/3/2017 at 3:44 AM, HockeydownUnder said:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/video/derek-dorsett-talks-injury/t-277437438/c-47638503

That's Dorsett talking about the injury. It had no effect on his game until last season. He didn't even realize there was an issue until his arms started going numb in October of last year. I can't believe you actually tried to say this is an issue that's plagued him for a decade!

You say Edmonton is going to start trading draft picks to go all in eh? Are they going to try to acquire Dorsett off of us as well? Perhaps we can get a bidding war going between Tampa and Edmonton for Dorsett. I never knew that wingers that have 20 points in the last 2 seasons combined had a lot of value but you say he does so it must be true

And no I didn't say Foote will be playing in the nhl this year. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see him get some call ups next year before playing full time the year after.

Firstly, I'm not sure if you have poor reading comprehsnion or you are purposely trying to twist my words, but "better part of a decade" =/= "a decade". 
My source was from Coach WD (source) (Source 2), this is where I got it from, I'm not just pulling it out of my ass, if you can believe it or not. 

The rest of what you said is worded in a very condescending and divisive manner, so I'm not going to bother wasting my time responding. Clearly this conversation has lost any chance of being constructive or amicable at this point. 

2 hours ago, BI3KSA- said:

Firstly, I'm not sure if you have poor reading comprehsnion or you are purposely trying to twist my words, but "better part of a decade" =/= "a decade". 
My source was from Coach WD (source) (Source 2), this is where I got it from, I'm not just pulling it out of my ass, if you can believe it or not. 

The rest of what you said is worded in a very condescending and divisive manner, so I'm not going to bother wasting my time responding. Clearly this conversation has lost any chance of being constructive or amicable at this point. 

Poor comprehension eh? Kinda like how you implied that I said Foote would make the team this year when I didn't.

The first comment underneath Willies post says it all. If he's had a serious lingering injury that they knew about why would they sign him to a 4 year deal. You didn't pull it out of your behind so I'll give credit where it is due.

Dorsett had a really good first game back. Him paired with Sutter were effective shutting down the Oilers. It's going to take a half of season of consistent play like that to get other teams to consider that he has value though

• 3 weeks later...

I would do that deal.

The problem is, I don't think Tampa would. They are a deep team and spots are not plentiful. They need prospects that they can look at as long term projects. Cal Foote is one of them. At 18 years of age, there is no need for Tampa to rush him. I don't think they'd have any interest in dealing him at all.

However, one defender in their system who is much closer to being ready, and is one I'd have great interest in, would be Erik Cernak. Big, plays two way hockey, can play on the powerplay and is a physical force, he would be a great addition to a deep defensive core for the future. 

My offer relies, heavily, on Yserman's desire to free up cap space to add to his club for a cup run this year. His team is deep but having close to 6 mil. to add to it is valuable relief.

To Vancouver: Erik Cernak, Ryan Callahan

To Tampa: 3rd round pick 2019

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/10/2017 at 10:28 AM, BI3KSA- said:

Came off of a neck surgery to fix a nagging problem he's had for the better part of a decade. There is no reason to expect him to make anything less than a full recovery. That doesnt reduce his value at all, but if we're going to speculate I'd say there is just as good or better of a chance he comes back better than he has been in a very long time after fixing this long time injury than there is he comes back worse. 

Well I guess in a sense we were both right. Dorsett did come back after his surgery and for awhile looked like a new man. It's too bad he has to retire now

Archived