The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whitehouse Visit

Sbriggs

I'm deeply disturbed that not only the Pittsburg Penguins are visiting the Whitehouse especially the fact Sid the Kid supports it. NHL Leadership is what is needed here, Sidney and the entire NHL and Canada as well should loudly let Scumbag Trump know we don't support racist views. Not surprising that white boy Matthews from TO supports Nascar and the trump point of view. I just heard on news that the reason the NHL is visiting and the NBA and future NFL are not is the NHL is a white league? How dumb is that. I don't want our game to be known for being a white league and a supporter of the Trump Whitehouse.

+1 ... Why is Crosby supporting Trump? 

Also NFL and NBA didn't visit the whitehouse in protest? Yet the Penguins do? One more reason to hate the Penguins. Not that I needed any more reasons with BIG GAME BONINO moving on to Nashville.

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

So Sid wants to meet the orange clown, and Tim Thomas chose to hide in a faux-militia bunker instead of meeting Obama. Potato, po-tat-o. 

yep I tried to start the #boycottNHL after the Thomas fiasco ;P but there were no fanatics at the time so it didnt work so well :(

In all seriousness though to each their own. Imo nothing wrong with them going just as there is nothing wrong with the NFL/NBA players abstaining as that is what a free country is all about. 

Poor guy raking up the minuses just because everyone loves Crosby lol. 

I bet if it was NYR winning cup and you calling at McDonagh or someone not showing up, you'd have a bunch of pluses. 

CDC gives more love to Crosby than the entire Penguin fans.

10 minutes ago, apollo said:

I bet if it was NYR winning cup and you calling at McDonagh or someone not showing up, you'd have a bunch of pluses. 

I can't stand Crosby, and I still think this is a stupid topic.

Just now, Incursio said:

I can't stand Crosby, and I still think this is a stupid topic.

TBH I think all Trump stuff is stupid... I could care less about what goes on in America and rather focus on our own country. What really grinds my gears is that everyone up here in Canada is constantly talking about Trump and ignoring our own politics. Or even look at the Off Topic thread for Trump... it's over 1000 pages long, yet the BC Politics thread is only like 100 pages long. Our office is always talking about Trump yet none are aware enough on our own BC politics to go out and vote or make an educated vote. Yet Trump this Trump that.... sigh.......

This topic for a thread in general, is fine IMO. It's worthy of some discussion. As worthy as the 1000+ pages going on in the Trump thread in Off Topic IMO 

I never saw this as the Penguins supporting Trump it's more of a "bridging the gap".  Stereotypically, NHL rosters are full of Canadians, and what are Canadians?  We are peacekeepers.  So they'll do the visit (the world won't end...racism won't be validated) and maybe it'll help bring people closer together rather than divide people further apart.

18 minutes ago, apollo said:

TBH I think all Trump stuff is stupid... I could care less about what goes on in America and rather focus on our own country. What really grinds my gears is that everyone up here in Canada is constantly talking about Trump and ignoring our own politics. Or even look at the Off Topic thread for Trump... it's over 1000 pages long, yet the BC Politics thread is only like 100 pages long. Our office is always talking about Trump yet none are aware enough on our own BC politics to go out and vote or make an educated vote. Yet Trump this Trump that.... sigh.......

This topic for a thread in general, is fine IMO. It's worthy of some discussion. As worthy as the 1000+ pages going on in the Trump thread in Off Topic IMO 

Say what you will about Trump, but I think his Presidency has caused more people to notice politics and even ask questions about their local representation. Whether those same people vote or not, who knows.

I don't fully understand why pro athletes are protesting the American anthem. Does that mean they dislike the song and the lyrics? Do they now dislike the American flag? Or do they dislike America altogether? I'm not sure what their protest has to do with the anthem. 

This really just reflects the fact of how "white" the NHL is. 

A greater percentage of African Americans on the roster would probably bring a different response from the Pens.

What bothers me more is why this team thinks that going to the Trump administration's White House is an honor.

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I don't fully understand why pro athletes are protesting the American anthem. Does that mean they dislike the song and the lyrics? Do they now dislike the American flag? Or do they dislike America altogether? I'm not sure what their protest has to do with the anthem. 

Seriously?

Among other things, it's a protest about the treatment (or mis-treatment) of African Americans by the Police in America.

46 minutes ago, apollo said:

you really think the only reason it is getting downvoted is because it's Crosby? 

Just now, MJDDawg said:

Seriously?

Among other things, it's a protest about the treatment (or mis-treatment) of African Americans by the Police in America.

Oh, I know that, but what do they have against the flag or the anthem? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad people are standing up to this injustice, or kneeling actually. Not sure dissing the anthem is going to be enough, but I wish them luck.        

12 minutes ago, -Stammer- said:

you really think the only reason it is getting downvoted is because it's Crosby? 

Honestly yes. NBA and NFL teams that have far more influence in the US aren't going... yet the NHL team captained by Crosby is. Then again, Sid is probably just trying to make sure he doesn't ruffle any feathers of their American fans. I wonder if an American captain would let his team go... 

It may have crossed Sid's mind that if he didn't go, some redneck fans might think "This Canadian doesn't respect our country"... I can almost guarantee that if Pitts had an American captain, they wouldn't go either.  

If this topic reads, Ryan McDonagh of the New York Rangers decides to visit white house with his team, there's not a chance the OP would have 6 down votes. The down votes are from Sid fans

Archived